The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[P G T] Avalanche @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Another win for the boys! What a beautiful short handed goal by Higgins. Schneider was amazing as usual. Although that pass he made in the dying seconds of the game freaked me out- he gave up the puck to an Avalanche player. He's had two puck mishandlings in recent games and while he's an excellent goaltender, he really has to watch his puck handling, particularly when the playoffs start.

Offense could still use a pick me up and the power play was dismal, as has been the case lately. The defense wasn't as solid tonight, but was good enough. We were able to pounce on most of the rebounds to limit scoring chances, which is great. We had some blips where we let the other team skate in too easily and definitely had some trouble clearing the pucks out of our zone tonight. The Avs had some pretty good chances tonight that I think more skilled teams would have been able to capitalize on better; hopefully the defense continues to improve so that that doesn't kill us in the playoffs.

Still, a good team effort and I'm happy for the win. Lots of great moments tonight, like when Burrows tied up the puck in the offensive zone during an Avs power play. Rock on, boys! :)

The thing is, the Canucks DID have troubles scoring in the playoffs last year! How can anyone criticize some fans for feeling worried about it this year, especially when the team doesn't have Ehrhoff on the back and the team's best players all had huge drop offs in their production this year? It seems quite natural that it's going to be a concern. The team had troubles last year WITH a deeper defense, two top 5 scorers, including the Art Ross winner, and a 41 goal, Selke winner.

It was great to see AV give him this start. He has earned it. Luongo has played well lately, but was given the opportunity to get his game back to form when he was struggling. Schneider simply has not struggled - it is only fair that he get his starts even when Loo is playing well. He has earned the right to be a legitimate tandem with Loo - not just someone you go to when Loo needs rest or isn't at the top of his game. He just keeps showing that he is the real deal.

Pahlsson is starting to fit in, great feather pass to Higgins :D

The PP is starting to concern me, I know were missing out leading scorer, but a 5 on 3 should be almost automatic with us.

Too much passing back to the point when they should be working down low, especially on a 5 on 3.. but other than that, everything else is fine.

The PP is starting to concern me, I know were missing out leading scorer, but a 5 on 3 should be almost automatic with us.

Too much passing back to the point when they should be working down low, especially on a 5 on 3.. but other than that, everything else is fine.

I don't know anymore. This team's PP has been meh since the beginning of the year.

I have had two theories that are highly highly based off of assumption...which is what kind of worries me.

1.) I saw Kassian click with Lappy right away when he was demoted to the 4th line in the 3rd...have they been together in practices..?

2.) PP isn't showing all it's wrinkles...last year our PP was meh in the Finals and Newell is probably saving all his wrinkles for an element of surprise when it's needed?

3.) Lines we see now are not what lines are going to be in the playoffs should they start. There is absolutely NO chemistry on the first two lines right now.

Again highly speculative, but it's fun to speculate this close to the playoffs.

Statistically speaking, presidents trophy winners arent favoured to win the cup, and the pot is half full or half empty right? Its a shutout and its a win, against desperate teams. Sure more goals from top six is optimal but im just hoping for healthy players going into the playoffs i think we didnt win last year because of injuries. We are playing with more grit now which may result in less injuries. We' ll get scoring - believe!

Statistically speaking, presidents trophy winners arent favoured to win the cup, and the pot is half full or half empty right? Its a shutout and its a win, against desperate teams. Sure more goals from top six is optimal but im just hoping for healthy players going into the playoffs i think we didnt win last year because of injuries. We are playing with more grit now which may result in less injuries. We' ll get scoring - believe!

Archived