Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[P G T] Avalanche @ Canucks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
232 replies to this topic

#211 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

So far the only fighting skills ive seen lappy display is his natural ability to get punched in the face repeatedly. Mad respect for being a willing combatent in his fights tho.

Have you seen any of Lappy's fights this year? He gives as good as he gets. Campbell and Clutterbuck thought they were going to destroy Lappy because Lappy is nothing but a troll, right? Campbell and Clutternuts found out the hard way that Lappy is more than just talk.

Posted Image

#212 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

well i think kassian is smoldering.....and seriously being reigned in....he has made some sweet tape to tape passes...hes strong on the puck...hard to move....i think they should park his carcass in front of the net on power plays....why not? nothing else is working currently.... i havent seen many glaring defensive liabilities.... would love to see him tried out with kesler and booth to free up burrows back to henriks line.... and i love his bulldog mindset.... reminds me of gino... the hits frequency will come when hes comfy...weve seen some samples....

#213 HDhaliwal

HDhaliwal

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

What's there to like about him? I don't get it. He hasn't done anything. He doesn't fight, he doesn't hit, he doesn't score, he's slower than freakin Taylor Pyatt. Since his first couple games he has been completely invisible.

Just wait till the playoffs and we'll see if he's invisible. AV is holding him back from releasing his inner beast for now

#214 derr12

derr12

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Have you seen any of Lappy's fights this year? He gives as good as he gets. Campbell and Clutterbuck thought they were going to destroy Lappy because Lappy is nothing but a troll, right? Campbell and Clutternuts found out the hard way that Lappy is more than just talk.

http://youtu.be/R8lJiC3K7KM

http://youtu.be/Ftr0xuIbJnk

not all of them no. I did see the boston fight, but i didnt count it since neither of them landed any punches clean or on the mark. I remember being pleasantly suprised in his fight against clutterbuck. Im not sure i remember any fights where he was the clear winner. I love that he's always in there and willing, but as for best fighter on the team id have to either go with bieksa or volpatti. those guys have some 1 sided tilts. of course, nobody can fight like the rypper could.

Edited by derr12, 29 March 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#215 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Great fight by Booth, but hopefully, that's his last fight. I rather not see any more of our players risk injuries in a regular season game.

#216 Kassassinate

Kassassinate

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

One punch got him good, and i was scared he was gonna drop, but then booth started feeding him uppers, great entertainment but pleeeaaasee booth, leave the fighting to lappy kassian bieksa and bitzy

#217 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

booth was hilarious....my daughter and i had to pick up our jaws off the floor....who knew he had some dukes on him....one of my favorite moments of the game...besides pahlssons sweet pass to higgens and schneidermans expert performance.... im sure lappy didnt expect him to be fighting thus the 3rd man faux pas....

#218 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

What's there to like about him? I don't get it. He hasn't done anything. He doesn't fight, he doesn't hit, he doesn't score, he's slower than freakin Taylor Pyatt. Since his first couple games he has been completely invisible.

I think it's pretty obvious AV has got the reins on him. I've seen him let up on hits quite a few times when he could have run over the guy. I realize it's difficult for a lot of Canuck fans but please try being patient with him. He is only 21 and it will take a bit of time for us to mold him into that highly touted power forward we've all been dreaming of.

Edited by pimpcurtly, 29 March 2012 - 01:42 PM.

Posted Image

#219 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

Olver deserved a whupping .. he had played like a real cheap shot dork the last game in Denver and the start of this one .. one hard right hand to the side of his face and he was a good boy the rest of the game .. I'll bet his ear and cheek are sore today .. that was a very badly intended punch .. good on ya David.

O too noticed Kassian break up more than one "scrum" out there just by inserting himself into the middle of it .. and have you noticed how SOB has played like puss since Kassian has been with the team? .. SOB was being the neighborhood bully up til the last two games .. I trust there is a lesson learned there MG .. huh?.. :rolleyes:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#220 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Agreed. Lappy is doing a PHENOMENAL job this season. What a pickup. Hope he retires here.

He will it will be hard for him to have a season as good as this one next year but regardless of what he does he is not just a guy Gillis will throw away during free agency i see him resigning a 3 year deal next offseason before july 1st.

#221 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Booth is pretty jacked, not suprising he can throw. Lappierre is just an awful fighter lol, though he seems to be improving a little with each scrap. He is a great hitter, grinder and physical presence for sure, far more important come playoffs. Bieksa is by far our best pound for pounder when the gloves come off, but rarely used it this year.

#222 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

No more Booth fights please. That is all.

Ok Booth please fight no more, but Sedins need to get tougher and stand up for themselves. What do you guys want?!
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#223 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Did nobody watch the post fight videos. Booth said he needs to get more physical and fight more to show other teams not to push the canucks around.

New enforcer? I hope not, but i have no idea where this is coming from. Did av tell him he needs to fight more? IN the press conference av said when you think power forward like booth, he thinks a physical guy. So because of av definition of power forward, did he want booth to change.

Someone also said on twitter he had 3 years boxing experience.

#224 No.16

No.16

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

i wonder if bieska gave him any tips during the year...because him taking off olver's helmet reminded me of bieska's fighting skills

either way, great fight! but, i agree and dont want to see him do that again....don't need any broken fingers for booth

#225 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,461 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Booth can handle himself, even though olver is small. Rypien beat way bigger guys, so it's not like an easy fight.

#226 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Booth is built like a tank. I'm not surprised he beat up Olver.
Posted Image

#227 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,528 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

not all of them no.  I did see the boston fight, but i didnt count it since neither of them landed any punches clean or on the mark.  I remember being pleasantly suprised in his fight against clutterbuck.  Im not sure i remember any fights where he was the clear winner.  I love that he's always in there and willing, but as for best fighter on the team id have to either go with bieksa or volpatti.  those guys have some 1 sided tilts.  of course, nobody can fight like the rypper could.

I can't remember which network it was on, but during a broadcast earlier in the season, they mentioned that Lappy had taken boxing lessons in the off-season.

My guess is that he wanted to take some of the pressure off those guys, especially Juice, who you'd rather not have sitting in the box for five minutes at a time.

I see it as a guy trying to do everything he can to help his team out and make himself more valuable to the team in the process and good on him for doing so. Lappy's my unsung hero this year.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#228 derr12

derr12

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

I can't remember which network it was on, but during a broadcast earlier in the season, they mentioned that Lappy had taken boxing lessons in the off-season.

My guess is that he wanted to take some of the pressure off those guys, especially Juice, who you'd rather not have sitting in the box for five minutes at a time.

I see it as a guy trying to do everything he can to help his team out and make himself more valuable to the team in the process and good on him for doing so. Lappy's my unsung hero this year.

Im a big fan of lappy's work since he was aquired. The man is all guts. If he keeps working on his goon-game on the off season again (and so should everyone) Boston will have a handfull when they play us for a long time to come. If everyone is willing and able to drop the gloves from time to time The team as a whole will be better off.

#229 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Dude seriously you think Kassian is slow? the guy is pretty fast for 230 lbs. He is doing exactly what his coatches want him to do play smart simple hockey. What i see is not too many guys want to play with him on the boards and defensemen dont want to pinch on him in the d zone. Take the Cody glasses off and actually watch him.

#230 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

knowing his history i would not doubt for a second that Kassian is being tested to see if he can keep his emotions under control, AV needs to trust that he will not do anything stupid he is not an enforcer he is a big strong kid with a whole bunch of upside and can also stick up for himself and the team if he needs to.
if he can show that he is mature enough to be let loose then i am sure he will be.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#231 endtoend

endtoend

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Ok Booth please fight no more, but Sedins need to get tougher and stand up for themselves. What do you guys want?!

I've never said that.

#232 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

I completely agree. He hasn't done much since the trade. I'm not expecting him to put up a bunch of goals but his physical game has been nonexistent. His offensive game will take time to develop but that doesn't mean that he can't start hitting NOW.

I also don't get the people saying that AV is holding him on a leash waiting to unleash him for the playoffs. That's quite a ridiculous statement and makes absolutely no sense.

I'm hoping that Kassian can be one of those guys who steps up during the playoffs but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't show up at all either.

Edited by WZRD, 29 March 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#233 JustNazzy

JustNazzy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

I'm glad Booth fought. He stood up for himself. If a Marchand incident ever happens again to a Sedin I would 'expect' at least a stick in the mouth. A few chicklettes on the ice and players would think twice. Take the penalty! Those are the easiest to kill off anyways.

3-1_zps2a110f68.png

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.