Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Ebbett Out With Upper Body Injury - Again (Link)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Tits J. McGee

Tits J. McGee

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hey Guys...

Found this on the province website:

http://blogs.theprov...er-body-injury/

Just a day removed from returning to the Canucks lineup and playing hero for the home team by scoring the OT goal to send the Flames packing, Andrew Ebbett finds himself once again on the injured list. In what continues to be a frustrating season for Ebbett, the gritty forward will be out an unknown amount of time as he recovers from his latest setback.<p>
“We aren’t prepared to discuss Andrew’s injury at this time” stated Alain Vigneault during the post game media scrum. “You guys know that I am not going to tell you a thing, so I don’t know why you keep asking me.” AV continued, pausing to chuckle and chew his gum. “The only thing I can say at this point is that it’s an upper body injury. And I know you guys hate hearing that, but it is what is is. No more questions.”

While nobody on the team was willing to discuss Andrew’ injury status, we here at the Legion believe we have found out what the problem is. If you check the video evidence below, I think it will become clear as to what the injury is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0QDC6undX0&feature=player_embedded

As you can see, about halfway though the zombie attack, you can hear Andrew screaming for his life. We believe the zombies finally managed to penetrate Andrew’s flesh and bite him. At this point he can do nothing else but pray for sweet sweet death but even that doesn’t come quickly, as more Canuck Zombies pile on to feast on Andrew. If Andrew didn’t bleed out from this attack, we’re pretty sure he’ll be a zombie by this time tomorrow.

Now, a couple of things:

1) Zombie Andrew Ebbett might still be able to play. While his regular season is most likely over, experts say he might be able to make it back for round 2. They feel the best thing to do is keep him locked up for a couple of weeks, thus making his desire for human flesh magnified by about 100 times the normal amount. Should we happen to face the Hawks? Well, let’s just see how serious Johnny Toews is when Andrew Ebbett is attempting to rip his arm off or how fun Kane thinks chewing a mouthguard is when Ebbett is chewing his toes off.

2) While I am optimistic we can turn Zombie Andrew Ebbett into good news (ie sending him after the Hawks), I won’t lie when I say that I am severely disappointed in Maxim Lapierre. I have heard he is the best team mate to have, and all the players swear he is an awesome guy, but to leave your team mate behind like that? That seemed a bit cold to me.

3) Even more cold than Lapierre’s betrayal of his team mate? The fans in Vancouver cheering on this madness. Look at them. They look almost giddy at the zombies feasting on poor Andrew. I used to defend the people of Vancouver, but cheering on a zombie attack? No, even I have my limits.

What, you don’t believe us about Andrew’ injury? You think this is some sort of sick April Fool’s day joke? That’s fine, I admire that actually. You think we’re lying to you, so you demand more proof. You were right to do that. So you want more proof? You got it. Let’s ask the experts.

Posted Image

Dr. Recchi agrees. Andrew Ebbett, out with a zombie attack related injury. And if you don’t believe Dr. Mark Recchi, well then, there is just no hope for you and I hope the zombies get you. Yeah, I said it.

Edited by Tits J. McGee, 01 April 2012 - 09:56 AM.

All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.

#2 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

:lol:

Good one! ;)

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#3 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

I hate April fools.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#4 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

I hate April fools.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#5 Tits J. McGee

Tits J. McGee

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

I hate April fools.

I agree, but I thought the youtube video was hilarious so I had to post it...
All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.

#6 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,468 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

I hate April fools.

Humbug!

1314_IProvo_1680x1050.jpg

#7 Bob Chen

Bob Chen

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

The walking dead! <3
Sig too big.

#8 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,144 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Zombie Andrew... We barely knew thee...

TOML

9jRgxTJ.gif

#9 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

:lol: while this one didn't get me like the Danny out for the PO's with concussion and Hank missing first round this one was CLEARLY funnier! ::D

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#10 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,717 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

:towel:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#11 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

I texted my GF that we're breaking up at 12 a.m. and then I followed it up with an "April Fool's!"
I still haven't heard from her and it's been 10 hours...

#12 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 20,583 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

That face-washing may have been the best moment of the season thus far...

#13 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

I texted my GF that we're breaking up at 12 a.m. and then I followed it up with an "April Fool's!"

Time to break out the chocolate and roses, my friend.

#14 BobHo

BobHo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

Wait so this is a joke? I'm not sure if this is real but they tried to make it funny by covering it up with the zombie thing...

#15 blueliner1955

blueliner1955

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

oh geee like april fool is over omg gee whiz

#16 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

ok - those April's fool jokes have to stop
NOT funny anymore

yes the first or second one was fun
but it is getting old

is everyone on here have to make an April's fool thread ?
" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#17 CodyHodgson's #1fan

CodyHodgson's #1fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Im getting really sick of these constant april fools jokes...
Always will love and support Cody Hodgson, great player, great potential great character, and I don't care about those stupid rumours about the trade. And we lost him, what a dissapointment. Love you COHO, forever a canuck in my heart!

One day Luongo will raise Lord Stanley's cup.
And show all those haters that he is the amazing goalie that he is.
No matter what jersey he wears, I will always be cheering for Luongo.

Forever Believe.

#18 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

There are some jokes that never go over well, and I'd say that was one of them, lol

RIP LB RR PD

#19 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 80,977 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Phew!

307mg00.jpg

#20 puckluv

puckluv

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

seriously? :shock:

Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. Michael Jordon

#21 rypper-37

rypper-37

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

LOL she replied. She's got a good sense of humor. She purposely made me wait to get me nervous

Edited by rypper-37, 01 April 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#22 Bob Chen

Bob Chen

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

LOL she replied. She's got a good sense of humor too. She purposely made me wait to get me nervous

lol, I would get very nervous
Sig too big.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.