The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet -- Kesler One Of 2012 Disappointments

combover

Kes is still ripping the puck, and it doesnt seem to be getting blocked as much now.

But he just cant hit the net at all... He can fricken whistle it too, he needs to hone on his accuracy.

Hardest wrister on our team no doubt

.....Wow! I said in one of my previous posts that the excuses would start but how is it game after game one of his wingers is blamed for his failing form.Last I knew both he and Booth are being paid in the $5mill range so I fail to see blaming a $2+mill winger for his and or Booths lack of production.Enough with the injury excuses he floats too much and shows a lack of interest much of the time this season.

Higgins makes either the second or third lines better.

Further,Kes has sucked for most of this year.Ditto Booth.MIA for weeks on end.

I have no issues paying Kes,Booth and Bieksa less by giving portions of their salaries to Higgins.Burr and Salo.

as per sportsnet:

Ryan Kesler, Vancouver Canucks

While the Canucks have another Northwest Division title under their belts and another chance to reach the Stanley Cup final, one part of their team that has regressed this season is Ryan Kesler.

Kesler, a 40-goal scorer last season and someone who has averaged 69 points over the last three seasons, struggled offensively this season for his hockey club. While Kesler will either get close to the 50-point mark or get just below it, it will be a low for him in his last three seasons after getting 73 points last season and 75 points the season prior.

On the other hand, Kesler has done everything else right for the Canucks. He kills penalties, is aggressive, works hard and creates scoring chances.

With that said, when the Canucks needed him to step up offensively this year, Kesler failed to come through in the manner in which he usually does.

anything to write something negative about a team that been in the top half of the standings for 90% of the season. he fails to mention the surgery Kes had in the off season.

only vancouver get negative media for being a winner

He was a disappointment this season, but it was an effect of his surgery... So I dont blame him. Or Raymond or Malhotra. However if they get a full training camp/pre-season and are still like this next season, there will be trouble!

Kes has one assist in his last nine games played.

Pretty sure he has had time to recover from his surgery as it was performed last July.

It does not matter as I am not a season ticket holder but mailing it in for a month sucks for paying customers.

He may indeed have lost a step.I hope he can flip the switch in a week or two.

Kes has one assist in his last nine games played.

Pretty sure he has had time to recover from his surgery as it was performed last July.

It does not matter as I am not a season ticket holder but mailing it in for a month sucks for paying customers.

He may indeed have lost a step.I hope he can flip the switch in a week or two.

Archived