The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet -- Kesler One Of 2012 Disappointments

combover

Anyone who was counting on Kesler to score 40 goals again need to reevaluate their expectations.

While it's true his stats have dipped compared to previous years, it is no more significant than what we've seen from the Sedins, Burrows and co.

Anyone who was counting on Kesler to score 40 goals again need to reevaluate their expectations.

While it's true his stats have dipped compared to previous years, it is no more significant than what we've seen from the Sedins, Burrows and co.

I tnihk our 2nd line is contolling the puck well in th eopposition end, and doing great defensively, just not getting quality scoring opportunities. They may need to loosen up and use each other more on that line. They bang crash have tons of speed, but just maybe trying too hard to do it on their own, instead of using the line mates.

Just my take, but I believe its coming around. Thank goodness that higgy is bringing the 3rd line into play, hehe.

Disapointment, no! Not has as good as last year...for sure.

With that said, Kesler got a lot of PP points with the Sedins last year. I'm sure the Sedins PP points also dropped this year. I was kind of expecting this with the Stanley Cup hangover.

Just hope he's going easy because he wants to rest for the playoffs and not that he's already tired from the playoffs and season.

Can't say I disagree with the article. I don't understand how you think it's being overly negative. It's true that he hasn't been as good offensively as he could have been. Also the article made a positive statement when it mentioned that he contributes in many other ways. That's also true. I think the main reason behind his struggles is the late start he had as a result of the surgery. So much of offense is timing and confidence and maybe starting late never really allowed him to get in a groove.

anything to write something negative about a team that been in the top half of the standings for 90% of the season. he fails to mention the surgery Kes had in the off season.

only vancouver get negative media for being a winner

Last year Burr had seven pts in his last 10 GP.Last 10 GP this year? 4 points playing on the third and second lines.

Hank has 12 points in his last ten games played this year.Last year Hank had eight points in his last ten games played.

Kes has 2 points in his last ten games played this year.Last year Kes had nine points in his last ten games played.

Kes is not producing and neither is the second line without Higgins.

Depending on Dan's cerebral health upon return I think he should be slotted in on the third with Higgy moved up to the second to spark Booth and Kes as they are MIA.

After Dan hopefully feels better he can slot into the second and play some PP minutes.

Raymond on the second is not providing offensive punch.

Nothing but the truth: Kesler has been a disappointment so far. Last year was a career year for him, so it's no big surprise, particularly after his injury. But there are clearly chemistry issues when Higgins isn't on the second line, and that is a bit harder to read. Even Burrows can't seem to turn that line around, as he's done in the past. You'd think that Kesler could be a bit more of a catalyst and shouldn't have to rely on Higgins so much, but this year, he does. Right now we have a glut of decent 3rd line centers, and Kesler is one of them.

I think Kessler needs to relax. He is another guy like Luongo. He does a head game on himself. He needs to have fun and the scoring will come back. See this is a case where AV is stuck. The coaches need to rectify the problem. They need to get him to relax. He can't carry the whole team every year. Neither can the Sedins or Luongo. Other guys are getting it done, and Kessler is doing it all except the scoring. So AV you need to help him relax.

I think Kessler needs to relax. He is another guy like Luongo. He does a head game on himself. He needs to have fun and the scoring will come back. See this is a case where AV is stuck. The coaches need to rectify the problem. They need to get him to relax. He can't carry the whole team every year. Neither can the Sedins or Luongo. Other guys are getting it done, and Kessler is doing it all except the scoring. So AV you need to help him relax.

I haven't been overly worried about the team this year, at all. Going into the start of the season it was pretty obvious that the cup run took a serious toll on the Canucks players. Physically, there were a lot of players who required surgery or just time to recover properly from injuries they sustained along the way. This meant that they wouldn't be using that time to train as they might normally in the summer.

Not only that, but there's the emotional toll. 60 minutes away from winning the cup, and then they had to get ready for another 82 game season just to start their next playoff campaign. The hunger wasn't there, and I didn't expect it to be. The players who had the most hunger? Mostly the new guys and the youngsters. The only exceptions that I note are the goaltenders and Higgins, of course.

That we're even in contention for the President's right now is something I wouldn't have predicted. I don't have any concerns entering the playoffs, but imo the regular season was a bigger success than I anticipated.

Archived