The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do Vancouver Fans Deserve The Cup?

Canucks44219

You don't pay their salary! You do not pay them for a service! You have nothing to do with what they get paid! You decide to buy a ticket to see a game or to buy swag because you choose to. You have no right to make demands on them as you would a company you have a service contract with. That's the problem here. People fail to see that simple truth.

If you go to see a movie and it sucks, you don't get your money back. You paid to see it. It sucked. You deal, maybe write a bad review online. Sane people, however, do not go to the lead actor's work place and "boo" him, claiming your single movie ticket pays his salary and you demand better as his "employer."

Remember: No one has to spend a penny. You can watch the games on TV for free. You don't have to buy jerseys or swag. You can even visit the forum to cheer or jeer for free. Any money you spend is by choice and does not constitute a promise of anything more than the exact product you paid for.

Those same fans are passionate and want to win, and put the team before individuals.

Some of you really have a narrow minded view of what you think fans should be and how they should think.

I don't know that you are correct. I bet that more often than not, in situations similar to what happened last June....the crowd has dispersed with only minor issues to report. Look at the Olympics, look at any major social gathering in any major metropolis. If what you say is true, there wouldn't ever be such events.....just as there won't be any this June in Vancouver(hopefully we make it that far).

You are entirely wrong. You pay to see a game (or watch it FREE on tv). There is no guarantee of more. The "product" for tickets is one game only. You buy tickets or swag because you want to, not because doing so gives you a piece of ownership of the team. If you don't like the "product," treat it like any other and don't buy it. There are never guarantees in hockey.

Stats don't prove anything. The play in the game does. If you're going to use stats to your argument, then both Elliot/Halak truly are, the BEST goalies in the league. We all know they're not. Hell, even St. Louis fans know they're not. Is Quick the best goalie in the league? Far from it.

Miller went 20/25 last night. Does that mean Enroth > Miller?

Mike Smith got a 54 shot shutout last night. That's the highest # of shots in a shutout in the passed 30 years. Does that mean that Mike Smith is automatically the best goalie ever?

In other words, the stats don't back you up? Try to stay focused. I am not saying Rinne is better than Luongo. I am not saying Crawford is better than Luongo. I am talking about 2 series. Mike Smith was the best goalie last night, the stats prove it.

Roberto Luongo has never led his team to an upset playoffs series win. Agree or disagree?

In other words, the stats don't back you up? Try to stay focused. I am not saying Rinne is better than Luongo. I am not saying Crawford is better than Luongo. I am talking about 2 series. Mike Smith was the best goalie last night, the stats prove it.

Roberto Luongo has never led his team to an upset playoffs series win. Agree or disagree?

You're missing a few key elements in my 'equation' if you will.

1. Extreme disappointment (not crucial but I bet it helped)

2. Alcohol (Makes stupid people more likely to act on stupid urges)

3. People who came there with the intention of starting a riot. (This is the crucial part. There were people there with the explicit intention of starting a riot. When you factor in the other 'ingredients' it's bound to happen.)

Archived