The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grags

Grape

I'm seriously confused why everybody is complaining about MAG right now, and even after the flames game where i thought he played just fine.

He did make some bad plays the first few games he played, but right now he is really contributing to our offence. I know he doesn't have a lot of points, but at least he's making plays

What can't you guys see the bright side of MAG, not just him on defence, because that is not what we brought him in for, we brought him in for offence.

- He always appears to be lost (in no man's land) in our own zone

- At times, he goes offside. He's a defenceman going offside on like a 2-on-3!

- He's in behind the goal line in the offensive zone at the randomest times

- He wanders the ice sometimes in the offensive zone rather than staying on the point

Guest The Brown Burrows

I really want to see him excel here but he is making a lot of mistakes (everyone knows what they are...). His playoff game is strong (unless last year was a fluke); he should be fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were to be traded (things don't seem to be going well at all). Hopefully he picks up his game (team chemistry doesn't take that long to develop, sometimes the system might not be right).

* For his sake, I'd be happy to see him traded, would fit in quite well with either the Sharks or Caps

* I'm a huge Grags fan (have been for roughly a year and a half now)

My whole post got deleted?? Retype time.

He's only ever played 78 NHL games, came to a new team, new conference and is playing on his offside (he's a natural lefty).

He's also coming off a 3 game pt streak (which ended tonight). Ballard has never had a 3 gm pt streak w/ Nucks. Did I mention he's almost 1/8th the cost of Ballard. When he re-ups this summer, I can't see him making more than $1.1M which is still 1/4 the cost of Ballard.

Grags has 3 pts in 14 games w/ Nucks (projected 18 pts in 82 gms)

Ballard has 7 pts in 47 games w/ Nucks (projected 12 pts in 82 gms)

Would you rather have:

$.550M defenseman w/ 18 pts on your bottom d-pairing

$4.2M defenseman w/ 12 pts on your bottom d-pairing

- He wanders the ice sometimes in the offensive zone rather than staying on the point

Not worried about Grags. He's a quick skating puck moving d man with loads of upside.

Yes he has lots to work on; but he's only 24; and considering the heavy hitters he has around him; I'm not worried about that side of his game.

On top of that, hes a former AHL Dman of the year, and has been coached by AV before. Be just a little more patient my fellow Canucks fans. :)

Grags is awesome, he's super fast, makes beautiful tape to tape passes. His maneuverability is uncanny the way he moves around the ice. He doesn't move like any other player I've ever seen defense or forward. He never stops moving. Sets up beautiful one-timer chances, and can score. I like him way, way more than I like Ballard, Rome, or Alberts.

Man like I said before, Grags makes some ill advised playes in the defensive zone, but did you see the sick passes he made tonight? His offensive instincts is sweet too. Going in to the open areas for a good offensive chance.

Thing about Grags though is that he makes up for his terrible plays with some cheeky offensive plays. He's a hit or miss player... The player that is heralded as a star of the game or the dog in the doghouse.

Archived