The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Much Did We Pay?

DoItForRaymond

if you email the CBC about it they'll probably post/direct you to it. in hindsight that probably should have been your first move if you want to see it that bad. also the decision isn't up to the CBC about start times, thats the NHL. you see the same thing on TSN with curling etc. where it goes over its time slot by like an hour and they only put it on TSN2 if they haven't got something already airing live, then switch over later. so if you want to avoid the early games running into our time slots, take it up with the NHL to start the eastern games earlier, or ask CBC if they can or cannot start to games on CBCNEWSNETWORK when early games run over(or whether this is an issue to take up with your cable provider for not providing those extra channels, if they already exist, in your cable package), or write your MP to increase the CBC budget so they can warrant acquiring another channel. in the UK the BBC has atleast 3 channels BBC1, BBC2, BBC3 etc. plus the lititany of radio statios, they also receive a much heftier subsidy, allowing them to provide some of the best programming on the planet.

so to recap, email the CBC instead of complaining. if you write them a respectful email with honest unloaded questions you'll probably be surprised at the response.

There must've been an intro made for lastnight's game, right? Just wondering how much we paid CBC to make it and then not getting to see one second of it. Sorry, but I was looking forward to seeing it!! I am also pissed off that I didn't get to see the Canucks come onto the ice with all of that intensity with Where The Streets Have No Name playing loudly!!! I truly didn't care to see the Det Nash game! Screw you CBC, screw YOU

There must've been an intro made for lastnight's game, right? Just wondering how much we paid CBC to make it and then not getting to see one second of it. Sorry, but I was looking forward to seeing it!! I am also pissed off that I didn't get to see the Canucks come onto the ice with all of that intensity with Where The Streets Have No Name playing loudly!!! I truly didn't care to see the Det Nash game! Screw you CBC, screw YOU

I hate that fail intro anyways.

Streets have no name is the goofiest song to come out to.

I want to ruuuuun, I want to hiiiide.

My name is Ryan Kesler, and I like to diiive.

you realize that there was a very entertaining, very close game on right before it? A game full of Canadian players, including players? Cry me a river that you didn't get to see your precious intro.........I, and most other Canadians, would rather watch an actual hockey game than introductions.

.you realize that there was a very entertaining, very close game on right before it? A game full of Canadian players, including players? Cry me a river that you didn't get to see your precious intro.........I, and most other Canadians, would rather watch an actual hockey game than introductions.

It's extra hockey and it was pretty exciting. The Weber hit happened in that time you are complaining about.

I would much rather watch hockey than all the intro stuff anytime.

The switch was fine. You got the anthems at least.

you realize that there was a very entertaining, very close game on right before it? A game full of Canadian players, including players? Cry me a river that you didn't get to see your precious intro.........I, and most other Canadians, would rather watch an actual hockey game than introductions.

First of all, you should know better than to start with a personal attack. :)

Secondly - what's with the hostility? "Precious"? "Cry me a river"?

Yes, actually, these moments mean a lot to some of us...it's part of the overall feeling and you may not be as invested in this as we are and I'd suspect that's the case. "Most other Canadians"?....can you give me the results of the poll that was conducted?

Archived