The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torres

zejono

I think Hossa is embelishing for a steeper punishment, he had enough awareness not to let his head hit the ice. Also, was able to turnover to his side immediately afterwards..ensuring Torres is out for the remainder of this series, cause he is a gamechanger against chicago.

You are all a bunch of drama queens. You wanna know who is most responsible for the big hit on Hossa?

Raffi? No

Bettman? No

Shanny? No

The correct answer is Hossa himself. Skating around with his head down .... Where's the responsibility/accountability really lie here? Maybe Shanny should start suspending players for putting themselves in a vulnerable position.

Late? Barely

Head shot? Duh, when a guy has his head down like this how do you NOT hit him in the head?

Elbow? No

Charge? Not by the usual definition. As for the bit about feet leaving the ground... Until you've dealt a check like Torres did tonight, keep your opinion to yourself. I've dealt plenty, and it's almost impossible to keep them on the ice after the hit. Raffi's were down before the hit - thats all they can expect.

Furthermore ... Since when was 'no injuries' part of the master plan for the NHL? I love the rough hockey, and guess what - to make an omelette you gotta break a few eggs. Highly paid modern day gladiators ... Paid to entertain us. Not only don't I mind when a few get injured, I expect/enjoy it. If you don't have the stomach for the rough stuff, it's ok - there's tennis on the other channel. Get on your white shorts and change the channel.

You are all a bunch of drama queens. You wanna know who is most responsible for the big hit on Hossa?

Raffi? No

Bettman? No

Shanny? No

The correct answer is Hossa himself. Skating around with his head down .... Where's the responsibility/accountability really lie here? Maybe Shanny should start suspending players for putting themselves in a vulnerable position.

Late? Barely

Head shot? Duh, when a guy has his head down like this how do you NOT hit him in the head?

Elbow? No

Charge? Not by the usual definition. As for the bit about feet leaving the ground... Until you've dealt a check like Torres did tonight, keep your opinion to yourself. I've dealt plenty, and it's almost impossible to keep them on the ice after the hit. Raffi's were down before the hit - thats all they can expect.

Furthermore ... Since when was 'no injuries' part of the master plan for the NHL? I love the rough hockey, and guess what - to make an omelette you gotta break a few eggs. Highly paid modern day gladiators ... Paid to entertain us. Not only don't I mind when a few get injured, I expect/enjoy it. If you don't have the stomach for the rough stuff, it's ok - there's tennis on the other channel. Get on your white shorts and change the channel.

It's kind of funny to me that everyone is bashing other people for being somewhat happy/proud. A lot of these people are probably the same people who are calling for Duncan Keith's head. If Torres had hammered Keith and Keith was concussed, I'm sure the reaction would have been very different.

I think it's really sick some people here making light of what happened to Hossa. He's a classy player and didn't deserve to be taken off a stretcher. I though hockey fans were better than that. I never hope for any player to be hurt and injured, even when it's against an opposing team.

Hope Hossa is okay, but they were asking for it. After Keith going after one of our star players and giving him a concussion and only getting 5 games.... karma came back and bit them in the a$$.

Never want to see any player get hurt, and I do like Hossa as a player. Wish all the best to him. The hit was to the head, and Torres left his feet. Repeat offender too; he will definitely be suspended.

Karma's a bit*h isn't it Hawks? ;)

scary to see him go off in a stretcher, but really it looked like a typical krownwall hit to me. No one wishes injury on any other player but considering the hawks have had 2 recent suspensions due to cheapshots maybe part of the blame for contributing to this goonfest the NHL is becoming, lies with them.

scary to see him go off in a stretcher, but really it looked like a typical krownwall hit to me. No one wishes injury on any other player but considering the hawks have had 2 recent suspensions due to cheapshots maybe part of the blame for contributing to this goonfest the NHL is becoming, lies with them.

Archived