The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torres

zejono

Yeah, nhl needs to grow a pair and discipline players like the NFL. Also, the players need to have respect for each other. It doesn't matter how long a player is suspended. If they have no respect for each other, some jackass will still pull this stuff no matter what the punishment.

Jesus, you are the posterchild on why people think Canucks fans are a bunch of homers and idiots. One of the most talented players in the game gets taken out on a stretcher, obvious hit to the head, and you're cheering your head off. Hopefully Hossa is okay, never like seeing any player taken out on a stretcher.

Brenadan Shanahan and Gary Bettman can take the blame for this. Their idea of "player safety" is sickening and leads to players being seriously injured.

I hope Hossa is okay. Just like I hope Clifford is okay. Just like I hope Daniel is okay. However Henrik could have been taken off in a stretcher very easily had he been hit a couple of seconds later by that a$$h0l3 Dustin Brown.

It's just a matter of time before someone dies out there. Good ole NHL.

I think Hossa is embelishing for a steeper punishment, he had enough awareness not to let his head hit the ice. Also, was able to turnover to his side immediately afterwards..ensuring Torres is out for the remainder of this series, cause he is a gamechanger against chicago.

Wow, I know people will say it's karma for the Keith hit, but Keith is Keith and Hossa is Hossa. Hossa has never dished out a dirty hit like Keith has, and you hate to see anyone stretched off the ice. Hopefully he's ok.

Now to the hit itself, I like Raffi but he can be an idiot sometimes. The hit here wasn't a direct headshot, but it was a tad late and he did leap into the air to make the hit - that's a big no no. Hossa's neck whipped pretty hard, wouldn't be surprised to see one of those whiplash/concussion type injuries. I can see a suspension coming for this one, especially if you look at his past history.

Archived