The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torres

zejono

The TSN panel just broke it down, Torres has been suspended twice in the last year (total of 6 games), fined $2500. Based on this he's going to sit for 10 plus games.

They also broke it down to being 0.8 seconds late, anything over 0.5 is considered late, the hit from Rome last year in SCF was nearly 0.9 seconds late.

Hopefully the game doesn't get out of control.

I was at an Abbotsford game in the 80's, yeah i said it, the 80's, when a player went out on a stretcher...I don't wanna feel, like I did that day. Hope Hossa is allright, but I am not a Torres hater either...I will have to see a replay. Hope he wasn't making himself a poster child for a five year suspension (*effectively a career ender)

He'll probably get about 4 to 5 since he is a repeat and Hossa was injured. Neal looked to have targeted the head on 2 separate hits and got off with 1. (Only because no one got injured) This was not a headshot in my opinion... not at all. This was way more a hockey play than the crap Keith pulled.

Not just late. But a charge because he left his feet and he hit Hossa in the end with his shoulder.

Torres has a long checkered past and of course that has to be considered. Also, the fact Hossa is currently sitting in the hospital and the severity of his injury isn't known yet.

An indefinite ban like Bertuzzi got is what I see coming

THis is just silly. SO he's .3 seconds late and they're talking 10 game suspension. Now wonder the league is becoming such a joke!! How can you play hockkey with that kind of BS ruling? THis isn't downhill racing wher you have start and finish gates. .3seconds?!!!!

The refs didn't even think it deserved a penalty FFS! Then the "analysts" get on and start to super-slow-mo it to death and suddenly it's a eliberate head shot and 10 games.

THen look at Keith's hit...deliberate target to teh head, puck never even got close to Dan, concussed and career threatened and 5 regular season games.

They need to make up their f'ing minds about whether hitting is in or out and if any contact to the head is an automatic 10 games. ALl this analysis in slow mo after the fact is killing the game.

I suggest taking away their elbow and shoulder pads. If it hurts to hit or be hit, they will maybe show some respect.

So players have to carry stop watches in their helmets do the can know when to hit. THis ain't NASCAR!!

If Hossa isn't hurt, it's not even a topic of conversation.

The NHL is in ruin. THey talk about respect and disciplline and then allow the Bruins last year to showcase goon hockey. Guess what...the teams thi syear bulked up and are all doing the same thing. What a f'ing surprise.

ALl of this is on teh shoulders of Shanahan and the manipulative a-holes in New York.

I hope HOssa will be okay. Hate to see anyone get hurt like that but let's not make Chicago out to be victims here. Their players put out Daniel Sedin deliberately and tried to take out Smith last game. Live by the sword...

So players have to carry stop watches in their helmets do the can know when to hit. THis ain't NASCAR!!

If Hossa isn't hurt, it's not even a topic of conversation.

The NHL is in ruin. THey talk about respect and disciplline and then allow the Bruins last year to showcase goon hockey. Guess what...the teams thi syear bulked up and are all doing the same thing. What a f'ing surprise.

ALl of this is on teh shoulders of Shanahan and the manipulative a-holes in New York.

I hope HOssa will be okay. Hate to see anyone get hurt like that but let's not make Chicago out to be victims here. Their players put out Daniel Sedin deliberately and tried to take out Smith last game. Live by the sword...

Slightly reminiscent of Rome on Horton last playoffs? I think so, both were late and the players were caught unsuspecting in a vulnerable position and both checkers seemed to leave their feet, if there is any consistency or is the NHL is rely trying to cut down head shots 4+ games? I hate to see such a skilled player, or any player for that matter go down like that, tough to watch

Not just late. But a charge because he left his feet and he hit Hossa in the end with his shoulder.

Torres has a long checkered past and of course that has to be considered. Also, the fact Hossa is currently sitting in the hospital and the severity of his injury isn't known yet.

An indefinite ban like Bertuzzi got is what I see coming

Archived