The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torres

zejono

...and that would be a travesty! Torres' hit may be marginal but is nothign as bad as what Keith did to Daniel and not as intentionally a head shot as Shaw on Smith last game. The only difference is Hossa is injured . SO because of an injury a less dangerous hit should garner a 1 year suspension and Keith's is only 5 games? What a crock!!

HIstory of a player should not be a factor. The league has to make hard and fast rules about head shots regardless of injury. Hit the head...you're gone for 10. doesn't matter if it was late or not, whether you left yoru feet or not or whether there was an injury or not. ALl this BS about previous record and because an injury resulted is ridiculous and ruining the league.

why are people so dumb and hostile on this board. This is why other teams and fans cant respect your team and you fans. cause of the stupid stuff that you say. Grant it not every canuck fan feels the same way. Im sure The half that complain about keiths hit and saying that torres hit on seabrook and hossa today were CLEAN . And even saying the rome hit was clean come on oviously it is not cause horton is still out with a conussion and who knows if he will ever be the same again. i understand that boston beat you in the cup final last year but that no reason to hate a player or wish something bad upon that player. I am a hawk fan and i though keiths hit was dirty and unacceptable. Daniel hit keith in the head first and keith retaliated in the wrong way but thats a hockey play and its between them and one got away with it and one didnt and out of it keith went out of control and ended up injuring daniel and for that im sorry about cause thats completly whats wrong in hockey right now.

I watch other games of hockey not just the hawks and i have been watching your series with la and im not in any doubt with daniel your team would have been better and possbly in a better place in the series. but thats life and stuff happends you cant control. We lost Toews cause of a concussion for 22 games cause jumbo joe and the sharks were gooning it up on but none of us hawks fans called for blood or for him to be seriously injured.

Its just wrong whats happening in these playoffs its sick in every game theres terrible officating and its turing in to an mma battles instead of a hockey game. people that say "yeah i like the big hits" sure there great but i would rather see skilled teams like yours and the hawks and detroit ect. play actual hockey theres to much gooning going on. And very little hockey being played its kind of a big joke. The one time they show every game on tv and it makes the Nhl look completly silly i think.

As for the torres hit it was down right discusting not just cause im a hawks fan but just cause im a hockey fan in general. There is no need for it in the game. Those of you that think it wasnt bad and his shoulder didnt target hossa's head and jaw, Or torres didnt leave his feet. It was plain as day and i was 3 rows back from center ice and i had no problem seeing it. So i don't know how the 4 refs missed it. Torres was only looking to hurt hossa and had no intent to play the puck or anything else. Its the samething he did to seabrook last year. Word going around is that hossa is concused and has a broken jaw and possibly other injurys now im not certain thats true. But do you wish that on anyone for just playing the game and being a stand up well respected guy around the league.

Just so you dont think im a homer for the hawks. I also though browns hit on hendrick was completely dirty and he could have been injured badly on that play but yet brown was able to get away with it. And thats the problem with the nhl no one knows when enough is enough. players have to worry about headhunters running around out there looking to go after star players instead of beating them on the ice is just down right wrong.

As for the shaw hit it was a complete joke in its self milan didnt get a suspension for basically plowing miller over at full speed (charging) ect. Shaw barley touches mike smiths head and he goes down like he was shot. he put on quite a show and guess what the refs bought it. Were they decided on how bad he was hurt was how they were going with the punishment it was down right a disgrace. So shaw gets a game misconduct and a 5 min major and a soon as shaws done and the pp is up smith is fine. then wouldnt you know it today smith was suspposed to be a game decision not even 10 mins after shaw got his 3 game suspension. smith was announced he was fine to play. Phoenix you really wouldnt believe it but there probly the biggest bunch of divers whiners and just down right dirty team always trying to the advantage anyway they can. I honestly wouldnt put it past the coach telling torres to go after the hawks top players and try to hurt them. But he just went a little over the edge and now will be gone for im guessing 10 games as a reapeat offender which is ashame cause the guys a half way decent hockey player. Maybe he will learn to stop being a goon like matt Cooke did.

I just wish the nhl would look at things and put a stop to this joke fest that is going on in the nhl playoffs. I wish you guys all the best in beating La tomorrow you deserve a better fate then being swept and out in the first round. Cause i predict stuff should start to settle down around the 2nd round. So i would love to see you team play as they are an exciting team to watch in the playoffs when they play whistle to whistle.

Don't be shocked yes a hawks fan just said that. See were all not bad. I also would'nt mind a 2nd round match up or a wcf with your team cause there always fun games you so best of luck on taking out LA . Hell With this bad officatiing and missed penalites i dont even know if we will make it out of the first round looks like the NHL is trying to make the phoenix Coyotes attractive for a sale cause there tired of fitting the biil for everthing.

So best of luck and he's hoping daniel plays tomorrow and a nucks win, and a speedy recovery for big hoss

I don't know what to expect after what he explained on James Neal.

James Neal

- Previously suspended (2 games)

- Fined earlier this season

- Warned by the NHL via phone twice about dirty hits this season

- Left his feet to hit a player away from the puck who needed help off the ice after the hit

- 42 seconds later left his feet to hit another player in the head

Conclusion: 1 game suspension

Explanation: "After Couturier loses the puck to Pittsburgh's Chris Kunitz, Neal curls back to transition from defense to offense. In doing so, he leaps and crashes into Couturier. While we are willing to accept Neal's assertion that he jumped to brace himself for an unintended collision the fact that 42 seconds later he once again launches prior to making contact to Giroux is not acceptable."

Neal probably got the 40 goal discount suspension and Torres does have about 30 illegal suspendable hits in his career but it seems like Shanahan is willing to accept any old retarded excuse.

Exactly why i believe the NHL is out of control right now. Shanahan is so inconsistent its not even funny you could clearly see james neil was not doing anything on both hits except to trying to injure one of the flyers players its sicking. Then you have Sidney Crosby the "quote on quote" best player in the NHL trying to goon it up. Then after the game instead of giving a nice speech on how he and the penguins are going to come back in the series. He says i don't like any of the guys on the team and continues to talk smack. That's going to help fire his team up how? He lost his composure and instead of proving it on the ice he went to being a goon. Now cause of neil adams and ashams stupidity they with out 2 of there grinders and one of there top snipers and scores going into a game 4 elimination game that was a really smart move. Watch for the penguins to leave the ice with out going though handshakes at the end of the game if they get swept tomorrow just like the winter classic last year.

I don't know what to expect after what he explained on James Neal.

James Neal

- Previously suspended (2 games)

- Fined earlier this season

- Warned by the NHL via phone twice about dirty hits this season

- Left his feet to hit a player away from the puck who needed help off the ice after the hit

- 42 seconds later left his feet to hit another player in the head

Conclusion: 1 game suspension

Explanation: "After Couturier loses the puck to Pittsburgh's Chris Kunitz, Neal curls back to transition from defense to offense. In doing so, he leaps and crashes into Couturier. While we are willing to accept Neal's assertion that he jumped to brace himself for an unintended collision the fact that 42 seconds later he once again launches prior to making contact to Giroux is not acceptable."

Neal probably got the 40 goal discount suspension and Torres does have about 30 illegal suspendable hits in his career but it seems like Shanahan is willing to accept any old retarded excuse.

Karma?? Seriously...Karma? Lol. Do you even know what Karma is? Obvioulsy not. I find it sad that people hide their joy over this hit by excusing it with Karma.

Bottom line...this was an illegal hit. It doesn't matter if it was late or not, Raffi left his feet and hit Hossa's head....illegal. Just like Keiths hit on Daniel...illegal. Raffi will get 3-5 for this...prob 5.

As I said, your team has been know to take cheap shots and play dirty int he past. Did they deserve Daniel to go down? By your standards yes. Reason: Your team did the same thing in last year's playoffs. Remember that boarding hit behind the net in last year's playoffs? By your standards, what goes around, came around for Daniel.

why are people so dumb and hostile on this board. This is why other teams and fans cant respect your team and you fans. cause of the stupid stuff that you say. Grant it not every canuck fan feels the same way. Im sure The half that complain about keiths hit and saying that torres hit on seabrook and hossa today were CLEAN . And even saying the rome hit was clean come on oviously it is not cause horton is still out with a conussion and who knows if he will ever be the same again. i understand that boston beat you in the cup final last year but that no reason to hate a player or wish something bad upon that player. I am a hawk fan and i though keiths hit was dirty and unacceptable. Daniel hit keith in the head first and keith retaliated in the wrong way but thats a hockey play and its between them and one got away with it and one didnt and out of it keith went out of control and ended up injuring daniel and for that im sorry about cause thats completly whats wrong in hockey right now.

I watch other games of hockey not just the hawks and i have been watching your series with la and im not in any doubt with daniel your team would have been better and possbly in a better place in the series. but thats life and stuff happends you cant control. We lost Toews cause of a concussion for 22 games cause jumbo joe and the sharks were gooning it up on but none of us hawks fans called for blood or for him to be seriously injured.

Its just wrong whats happening in these playoffs its sick in every game theres terrible officating and its turing in to an mma battles instead of a hockey game. people that say "yeah i like the big hits" sure there great but i would rather see skilled teams like yours and the hawks and detroit ect. play actual hockey theres to much gooning going on. And very little hockey being played its kind of a big joke. The one time they show every game on tv and it makes the Nhl look completly silly i think.

As for the torres hit it was down right discusting not just cause im a hawks fan but just cause im a hockey fan in general. There is no need for it in the game. Those of you that think it wasnt bad and his shoulder didnt target hossa's head and jaw, Or torres didnt leave his feet. It was plain as day and i was 3 rows back from center ice and i had no problem seeing it. So i don't know how the 4 refs missed it. Torres was only looking to hurt hossa and had no intent to play the puck or anything else. Its the samething he did to seabrook last year. Word going around is that hossa is concused and has a broken jaw and possibly other injurys now im not certain thats true. But do you wish that on anyone for just playing the game and being a stand up well respected guy around the league.

Just so you dont think im a homer for the hawks. I also though browns hit on hendrick was completely dirty and he could have been injured badly on that play but yet brown was able to get away with it. And thats the problem with the nhl no one knows when enough is enough. players have to worry about headhunters running around out there looking to go after star players instead of beating them on the ice is just down right wrong.

As for the shaw hit it was a complete joke in its self milan didnt get a suspension for basically plowing miller over at full speed (charging) ect. Shaw barley touches mike smiths head and he goes down like he was shot. he put on quite a show and guess what the refs bought it. Were they decided on how bad he was hurt was how they were going with the punishment it was down right a disgrace. So shaw gets a game misconduct and a 5 min major and a soon as shaws done and the pp is up smith is fine. then wouldnt you know it today smith was suspposed to be a game decision not even 10 mins after shaw got his 3 game suspension. smith was announced he was fine to play. Phoenix you really wouldnt believe it but there probly the biggest bunch of divers whiners and just down right dirty team always trying to the advantage anyway they can. I honestly wouldnt put it past the coach telling torres to go after the hawks top players and try to hurt them. But he just went a little over the edge and now will be gone for im guessing 10 games as a reapeat offender which is ashame cause the guys a half way decent hockey player. Maybe he will learn to stop being a goon like matt Cooke did.

I just wish the nhl would look at things and put a stop to this joke fest that is going on in the nhl playoffs. I wish you guys all the best in beating La tomorrow you deserve a better fate then being swept and out in the first round. Cause i predict stuff should start to settle down around the 2nd round. So i would love to see you team play as they are an exciting team to watch in the playoffs when they play whistle to whistle.

Don't be shocked yes a hawks fan just said that. See were all not bad. I also would'nt mind a 2nd round match up or a wcf with your team cause there always fun games you so best of luck on taking out LA . Hell With this bad officatiing and missed penalites i dont even know if we will make it out of the first round looks like the NHL is trying to make the phoenix Coyotes attractive for a sale cause there tired of fitting the biil for everthing.

So best of luck and he's hoping daniel plays tomorrow and a nucks win, and a speedy recovery for big hoss

Shanahan opened a huge sinkhole of worms with no suspension against Weber. Every suspension, fine, and non-discipline is going to be compared to that mistake. The league and Shanahan blew their chance big time.

The only thing that may help Torres' case is that Hossa is walking and talking again, but watch the Hawks exaggerate or claim that Marian will be out long-term to get Shanahan to throw the book at him.

Ok guys.

I watched the hit on NHL.Com

The puck left Hossa's stick, at 8:20

Hossa got smoked at 8:19

I can't go by micro seconds, but please, as you can imagine, he was hit 1 second later. If you go by micro seconds, your talking about 1.5 seconds later mater. Late hit? To be honest, the game is so fast right now, that was actually 1 second later! Last year Raymond got smoked 2 seconds later by Boychuk and that was a clean hit.

Now, did Torres use his elbow as point of contact his Hossa's head? No he didn't

-Was it a late hit? The hit came 1 second later guys, 1 SECOND LATER. I will leave that to Shanahan,.

-Hossa did have the puck!

- He did not nail Hossa on his blind side.

- NO elbow to head.

-Point of contact was Shoulder to shoulder.

He will get suspended I think, but I doubt it will be that much. Repeat offender or not.

But man. Karma.....

I'm not cheering for the injury, but Chicago is getting what they deserved so I'm glad someone was injured.

Didn't look like a dirty hit at all to me, just a bit late, but expect Shanahan to drop the book on Torres. Late hit, bad injury, repeat offender and no discipline during the game. Torres will be out for 5 minimum, which is sad because it wasn't anywhere near as malicious and there wasn't as much intent to injure as Keith showed.

I had to go and look at the famous hit on Daniel you're all talking about. I was looking for something really bad.Not that bad actually. Unfortunately got the elbow up and made contact. never left his feet. Daniel should have been aware that the hit was coming. On replay, it didn't look any worse than Torres hit on Hossa. As a person who is neither a Hawks or a Canucks fan, both hits look similar.

I had to go and look at the famous hit on Daniel you're all talking about. I was looking for something really bad.Not that bad actually. Unfortunately got the elbow up and made contact. never left his feet. Daniel should have been aware that the hit was coming. On replay, it didn't look any worse than Torres hit on Hossa. As a person who is neither a Hawks or a Canucks fan, both hits look similar.

Archived