The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mg, You Failed

Understand

Jeez. Give the OP a break. He probably doesn't mean it and is just venting a frustrating & disheartening 2 game loss. Maybe, I kinda feel for the OP.

I'd say just let this thread go as an avenue to vent (and just blow of some steam). I think more of us need it more than you think. The recent outcomes have certainly been heartbreaking.

Why did MG trade Cody for a guy we're playing 5mins a night. I get that Kassian MIGHT be a good power forward in a few years but in terms of making an impact this year, it doesn't make any sense. We could've traded virtually anything for any other tough 4th liner that'll play 5mins a game if he really wanted a player to do what Kassian is doing us right now.

I did not like the Hodgson trade for the way it was done and the way MG laid the onus on the rookie.

He should have been a man and stood up and protected Cody going out with Kas coming in.He did not.

I do like Kassian and I like Pahlsson.

Booth,Kassian and Pahlsson all showed up tonight.

We have a second line problem-they don't score.

We have a problem on the PP.

Quick is an excellent goalie and LA is playing great.

LA is a very good team playing great.

That's hockey.The boys will show up and give it their all.That is all anybody can ask.

While there is no reason we should simply give up and call it a season.. some of MG's moves have definitely been questionable but it's not the easiest job in the world..

With that said.. it's going to be interesting to see what happens if we can't come through:

-I'm guessing MG would likely remain GM but AV and some of the coaching staff will probably be gone..

-Unless Luongo really flops in the next few games then he will stay and Schneider will be moved for some interesting pieces..

-Raymond gone IMO

-Ballard may be traded if the right trade comes along..

-Salo would be a question mark

-I think we'll give a legit shot for our young guys like Schroeder next year

-Maybe one of our key pieces traded? Someone like Bieksa, Edler, or even Kesler?

I did not like the Hodgson trade for the way it was done and the way MG laid the onus on the rookie.

He should have been a man and stood up and protected Cody going out with Kas coming in.He did not.

I do like Kassian and I like Pahlsson.

Booth,Kassian and Pahlsson all showed up tonight.

We have a second line problem-they don't score.

We have a problem on the PP.

Quick is an excellent goalie and LA is playing great.

LA is a very good team playing great.

That's hockey.The boys will show up and give it their all.That is all anybody can ask.

1. Not adding a top 4 defenseman

2. Trading away the scoring depth for a young Steve Bernier

3. Build a team without character (no, I am not talking about the diving, yapping character)

4. Fail to add another top 6 forward

5. Keep thinking that the roster is good enough to make it to the Final again, and fail to realize teams in the conference are all getting stronger compare to last season.

MG, YOU FAILED.

Guest The Brown Burrows

I just wished that MG would have signed a yappy 4th liner to complement Lappy on the 4th in the off-season.

I actually think he has some valid points. I think MG did fail to fill the Ehrhoff hole. He got MAG but comeon...we all know what MAG brings to the table, I rather put in Rome then MAG. Also Salo is going to be hard to replace as well...how much longer do you think Salo can play for us? 1 more season? 2?

Why did MG trade Cody for a guy we're playing 5mins a night. I get that Kassian MIGHT be a good power forward in a few years but in terms of making an impact this year, it doesn't make any sense. We could've traded virtually anything for any other tough 4th liner that'll play 5mins a game if he really wanted a player to do what Kassian is doing us right now.

Archived