The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson's Effect On The Canucks If He Was Still Here

MoneypuckOverlord

Feel free to lock this if you want. There might be a similar topic to this.

I"m posting this because shortly after tonights loss, a huge number of Canuck fans are blaming Gillis for the failure, and is pin pointing the move that was Cody Hodgso Alex Sulzer for Zack Kassian and Mark Andre Gragnani.

Ok, so you guys are frustrated probably because we lost tonight. I am too. You guys blaming everyone from players to coaches, and now for the first time ever since he took over as GM, asking for Mike Gillis to get fired.

First off, I strongly disagree. Ever since he took over our team has consistently been at the top. A top 6 NHL team the first 2 seasons, a top 1 NHL team the following 2. We won the Presdients trophy back to back, something extremely hard to do. YOu can say he's using the pieces that Brian Burke and Nonis put together, however even with those pieces Nonis failed big time.

But anyways, back on topic, you guys are blaming this on the Cody Hodgson trade.

First off, Cody Hodgson, had a strong end of December and a wondering month of January. But after that he was mediocre, of course I will blame that on the lack of ice time A.V was giving him. He was then traded for Kassian, who right now, in my point of view is not NHL ready. No Brainer....

So you guys are saying Cody Hodgson would have made a difference? Maybe, but probably not.

Cody Hodgson is the probably the sole reason why the Buffalo Sabres didn't even make the playoffs.

Lindy Ruff did to Hodgson why A.V didn't do. Give him ice time, he had the ice time and failed miserably for the Buffalo Sabres. He was not generating scoring chances, and on top of that getting scored on. Lets put it this way, he got worst when he left Vancouver. It came to point were, if you really want to look at it, the Buffalo Sabres were better off with their previous number 2 centerman instead of Cody Hodgson, because he was nothing but liability, and ultimately as you see, the Buffalo Sabres didn't make the playoffs, and came in 9th.

So now your telling me, Cody Hodgson would have made a difference? He has nice shot? I"m sure he does, he aveaged 2 shots on goal per game, and thats with 2nd line centerman ice time.... so don't tell me, Gillis should be fired because he traded Hodgson! He didn't even help Buffalo in regular season games, how the frack does a 3rd line hodgson make a difference????

I rest my case. Mike Gillis aint going nowhere.

did you run out of blue ink?

I agree, you can't blame these losses on the CoHo trade, just like you can't blame them on the missing Sedin brother.

Playing through adversity is how you win games and a playoff series and the Canucks just aren't doing that.

Cody wouldnt have made any difference, because AV simply does not trust him, he didnt trust him in the regular season, why would that change in the playoffs. He would be stapled to the bench like Kassian, infavour of our 'defensive spealist' Malhotra.

Disagreed. After the trade, many people have already predicted that if our top scorers were out (injured or in a slump), the loss of Hodgson would be apparent. This is exactly what's happening right now with Kesler in a slump and Daniel injured. Even if Hodgson was able to get ONE goal in total in the past 3 games, it could have made a world of difference. ONE goal from him isn't a far fetched expectation at all.

did you run out of blue ink?

I agree, you can't blame these losses on the CoHo trade, just like you can't blame them on the missing Sedin brother.

Playing through adversity is how you win games and a playoff series and the Canucks just aren't doing that.

Disagreed. After the trade, many people have already predicted that if our top scorers were out (injured or in a slump), the loss of Hodgson would be apparent. This is exactly what's happening right now with Kesler in a slump and Daniel injured. Even if Hodgson was able to get ONE goal in total in the past 3 games, it could have made a world of difference. ONE goal from him isn't a far fetched expectation at all.

Cody wouldn't have made a difference but at least he would've served a purpose. Kassian hasn't done anything, not even hitting, since he got here. I don't even see glimpses of a power-forward at this moment. I hope he develops into one but he's been pretty disappointing.

Right now, we're not hitting enough, Kesler-Higgins-Burrows-Henrik can't score, our PP isn't working and Salo isn't crippling players with his bombs:P

Being down 0-3 is all on our top 2 lines.

Can someone tell me why when playing against a rugged defense first team we never gave Gragnani a shot???? Question his defensive abilities all you want, but this guy lead his freakin team in playoff scoring last year.... AS A ROOKIE D MAN.

Gillis isn't an idiot, he is very prompt to address his teams needs. We traded away Hodgson and acquired Kassian to add some toughness to the team, and Gragnani to be insurance on the blueline. So what does AV do?? plays Kassian a whopping 3 minutes a game, and scratches Gragnani when we clearly could have used some more offense.

With AV doing this we pretty much just subtracted Hodgson, Kassian, and Gragnani from our lineup without any replacements, all while Sedin was already out. Just makes no sense. These guys can play, they just need a chance.... Ask Philly how their youth is working out in the playoffs. I believe AV is gone next year.

Archived