The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Friggin Time To Canadianize This Team

RAMBUTANS

Is this really a topic.....? Did I really just spend 18 seconds reading the first 6 replies.....? Am I really wasting another 28 seconds typing out a reply back.....?

No Seriously, what a brutal thread, this should be getting locked as soon as a mod gets up this morning. There are plenty of great European players and shame on you for damning an entire continent because our best players have hit a dry spell in scoring right now, lets not forget our best offensive forward is out with a scrambled brain right now, and I personally think a few other guys are hurting bad right now as well (kesler, edler, Hank)

All in all, give your head a shake.

it's really not about where the players are from.

i'd say the top bruins in the playoffs last year were:

thomas

chara

seidenberg

krecji

bergeron

only one of those guys is canadian, and he's not a tough guy.

but you're right, this team needs more grit. watching sedin getting punched in the face repeatedly by a little weasel like marchand, without doing anything was just pathetic. that's coachable though. sedin could easily knock him down, he just chooses not to.

it's really not about where the players are from.

i'd say the top bruins in the playoffs last year were:

thomas

chara

seidenberg

krecji

bergeron

only one of those guys is canadian, and he's not a tough guy.

but you're right, this team needs more grit. watching sedin getting punched in the face repeatedly by a little weasel like marchand, without doing anything was just pathetic. that's coachable though. sedin could easily knock him down, he just chooses not to.

I am tired of the goons that have hijacked this game and they don't come from Europe.

Give me Forsberg and Ulf Samuellson any day.

I am tiring of Canadians that think they own the game and their goon love affair thinking it makes a better game.

Canadians? Pfft.

Let's drill into the untapped market...Greenland

greenland-flag.gif

You think Canadians are tough? Less than 1/5th of Greenland is uncovered by glaciers, and it's still colder than your grandmama's shoulder when you decline any of her freshly baked cookies. Have raccoon problems in your backyard? Greenland is home to flippin' polar bears. Greenlanders fight them to train and warm-up...for their fights against each other!

It's friggin time to Greenlandisize this team.

Its not just the Euro bashing that bothers me, Its that we need guys that we defend themselves when push come to shove!

The Sedins can stay, in my book, cause they have proven they are tougher than nails, they take a lickin and keep on ticken. But we need other guys to support them, that are willing to support themselves first.

Who are the guys that will not fight, period that are not named Sedin???

- Raymond

- Edler

- Salo

- Phallson

- Hanson ( seen him in one fight that broke his hand and kept him out for 6 months)

- Malhotra (anyone seen him fight)

- Tanev ?

Okay so this list is diminishing from previous years , which is stepping in the right direction!!!

Coho was replaced by Kassian, Errorhoff by Ballard

We have seen guys like Booth step up to the plate, Ballard has, Hamhuis has , Alberts and Rome have, Burrows has, Kesler has, I think Higgins has, We know Bieksa can and will,

BUT, who on our squad is that 3rd line guy that can step into the first or second line for a few shifts , that will go on assignment to beat crap outa an opponent that desperatly needs it???? who ? Kassian can fight and will do okay as a power forward in a year or 2 if he gets playing time , but he will not be that guy. That guy(that we need) is a scary mother like GINO, Boogard or ???? it was not and never will be a Hordichiuck or Ripper (they were in the wrong weight class, albeit Ripper pound for pound was the best I ever seen).

I am talking about a guy who will take 5, 10, and a game or 5 to scare the living sh*t out of some teams in retribution for the crap our Sedins are exposed to!!!!! and to wack an opponent a few extra when they try to turtle, is what I\M TALKING ABOUT HERE

END OF rant

WHEW MG go find us that guy!!! This Summer

I miss Big Bert, can you tell , I miss Willy, Dang I miss GINO

Can you imagine what Gino would have done, if a Dustin Brown type took that run at Bure????

in my mind Gino would have taken 2, 5. 10, a game and then 5 games and Dustin Brown would be OUT for the series and prob the playoffs. We would have lost that game anyways, But Teams would really think twice before running a SEDIN !!!!

That me Buckos would happen in the REG season so there would never be a need to fight in the playoffs, there would be a crapload more Respect/Fear period.

We have no DETERRENT so we are OPEN SEASON

By Canadianize, do you mean to miss the playoffs like all the other Canadian teams?

This team is not far off. You don't win the Presidents trophy back to back years, once going to game 7 of the SCF by accident.

There are a few needs that should be addressed, but overall, this team is not playing as a team.

A 50 goal sniper who hasn't done anything since?

If we're looking for a solid, consistent sniper, look at Stamkos, who is Canadian.

(Keep in mind, I assume you're talking about Ovie and not Malkin, I think I would take Malkin above anybody in the league right now)

Guest The Brown Burrows

Obviously, Euros like Swedes (Edler), Danes and others can't win us the cup. They are too soft for today's NHL. They are not built for the playoffs.

Now, the Americans like Kesler, Booth and Higgins are all on-and-off guys. Not talented enough.

The only solution is to accumulate as much Canadians into the system like what Chicago and Boston did and win us the Cup.

The only exception to this is Luongo and Bieksa. They are Canadians but they fall into the category of the Americans.

Archived