The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lay Off Kassian

J.I.A.H.N

I don't get why people even started this. Kass is for the future, this year his role was to add some grit to the team. AV just wont let him play.

I think it's important for people to remember that Kassian was brought in as a LONG TERM INVESTMENT. I certainly didn't expect him to light it up in the playoffs. He's still so new and has so much growing to do. So unfair that people are beating him up.

The team as a whole is struggling and our top players aren't performing to their potential. We can't really point fingers here.

I made a thread yesterday saying how Kassian is not even getting a chance to play. He can have impact on this series if he was given more than 7mins a night. But I do agree the trade looks even worse now because Kassian is just a 4th liner, because that is all he is getting.

Kass needs to be on playing with Hank and on the pp. But AV doesn't trust young players and that is why I want AV gone.

Maybe there is a reason he is on the bench!

What did he do prior to the playoffs, before he was injured? Nothing he was given opportunities to see what he could do, and it wasn't much, so from what I saw him do in the regular season I wouldn't want him playing on the ice in the playoffs either. So no I wont lay of Kassian, because he had his opportunity to show case himself in the reagular season and he couldn't do anything, except for maybe his first 2 games ever in a Canucks uniform that isn't going to get you anywhere in the playoffs. And this BS about him being our future, ya I'm sure he will be, but the fact of this trade was to help us this year in the playoffs, for our playoff run, and for that I blame MG hands down.

That record had bugger all to do with Cody Hodgson and more to do with a healthy Ryan Miller. Check out his stats. He was a major defensive liability.

I liked having Cody Hodgson but I still think the trade was a good one given the Hodgson camp were pushing for it.

Maybe there is a reason he is on the bench!

What did he do prior to the playoffs, before he was injured? Nothing he was given opportunities to see what he could do, and it wasn't much, so from what I saw him do in the regular season I wouldn't want him playing on the ice in the playoffs either. So no I wont lay of Kassian, because he had his opportunity to show case himself in the reagular season and he couldn't do anything, except for maybe his first 2 games ever in a Canucks uniform that isn't going to get you anywhere in the playoffs. And this BS about him being our future, ya I'm sure he will be, but the fact of this trade was to help us this year in the playoffs, for our playoff run, and for that I blame MG hands down.

I dont' blame Kassian at all. I blame MG. Of course he's useless as a pylon, the guy is way underdeveloped for the NHL.

I want to know one question. If Kassian is for our future, what's up with the brutal timing of getting him right when we're supposed to be getting ready for the playoffs. Will MG please answer that? Hodgson had another year, we could have done this off season. Hodgson wanted a trade? Sure, off season.

And if Kassian was meant to make a difference in these playoffs, then that worries me even more - something is seriously off with our scouting abilities.

I made a thread yesterday saying how Kassian is not even getting a chance to play. He can have impact on this series if he was given more than 7mins a night. But I do agree the trade looks even worse now because Kassian is just a 4th liner, because that is all he is getting.

Kass needs to be on playing with Hank and on the pp. But AV doesn't trust young players and that is why I want AV gone.

Don't be surprised if you see Kassian start next year in the AHL. That's not a knock on him at all. He just needs time to learn the ropes down there.

You can buy the best steak at the butcher shop but if you don't marinade it and rub some seasoning on it, it isn't going to be as good as it can be.

Cody did his time in the AHL as well.

P.S. Cody sucked major balls in last year's playoffs. He looked as lost as Kassian does.

I think it's important for people to remember that Kassian was brought in as a LONG TERM INVESTMENT. I certainly didn't expect him to light it up in the playoffs. He's still so new and has so much growing to do. So unfair that people are beating him up.

The team as a whole is struggling and our top players aren't performing to their potential. We can't really point fingers here.

Well we kept Raymond, Ballard, Kesler, Edler, and Pahlsson who have all been more or less horrible this series.

Truth hurts that we can't win when we have a Selke winner, back-to-back Art Ross winners, a GREAT goaltending duo, and supposedly excellent checking defense.

We wouldn't have succeeded even if we had Hodgson back.

Sweep for L.A. is imminent.

Archived