Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[Report] Daniel Sedin Heading To L A To Join Canucks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
221 replies to this topic

#91 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

Stop being a homer

Homer? I'm being a realist.

Fact: There is a chance.

Plus we have to be positive to balance out your pessimism

Edited by scarface173, 16 April 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#92 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Canucks are one of the classiest organizations in the league. No way would they put their player in danger of serious injury and no way would Daniel play if docs don't okay him first and proper protocol isn't followed. Look at what this team does in the community and how Gillis has re-arranged the hockey ops to be one of the most ethical in the league.

Give your head a shake if you think he's being rushed, if he's cleared he will and should play.

#93 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

I think seeing Henrik get run has lit a fire under Daniel. It's go time.

#94 Slender Man

Slender Man

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

~ FREE iE. ~

#95 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Posted Image

very nice

Edited by VanCityScout, 16 April 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#96 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

exactly... you don't make $6million dollars a year to play a sport. you are not an investment for a team. If I am the manager I don't let any of my players risk further head injury. It would just be stupid. JUST SAYING

Thats right you are not a manager..you would be stupid not to put him in unless you want to be in the unemployement line..Just sayin

Edited by enterin, 16 April 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#97 Shea Weber

Shea Weber

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

I have a weird feeling Daniel will play!!!!!!!!!

LET THE COMEBACK BEGIN
Posted Image
Credit goes to: GoaltenderInterfernce

#98 Ocular Patdown

Ocular Patdown

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

I found it odd after game 2, they ruled out Daniel for game 3 officially, but not for game 4. I think he's down there for moral support. Potential last practice of the year. Now if the team rallies aroubd the twins and win. well then game 5 is a possibility for Daniel, assuming he progresses well.

Nonetheless, great to hear. It sure gets all of us excited.

#99 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

We were up 3-0 last year and ended up in game 7, lets see what we can do now that Daniel is back.

#100 SidneyCrosby4Lyfe

SidneyCrosby4Lyfe

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

We need him back and i think it might be a little too late only if we won yesterday and he came back for wednesday we still would have a good chance. But i still believe in blue

#101 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Now we just need to get up a few goals and run Quick near the end of the game.

#102 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Why is he staying at the Fairmont? I thought he has a place in Yaletown?

#103 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

Is this a smart move to play Daniel? Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE for him to come back. But IF he is still suffering from symptoms from his concussion, is it worth it? First off, there's the fact that we'll need to win 4 straight games. The Kings will undoubtedly go hard on us during that time cause all they need is just 1 win to finish us off. If Daniel is NOT truly 100% and ready, I think it might be a mistake to play him on Wednesday. Yes, I know, the post-season is on the line, but what if the Kings target Daniel? What if his symptoms get worse and delays his comeback even more?

But I don't know how Daniel is actually feeling. I'm just very worried.

#104 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

I think he's there for motivation. I have to imagine if there was a possibility he'd be ready to play game 4 he'd have already come down? The hope was manage to win game 4 and he could hopefully be ready by game 5.

I mean I hate to say it but this makes me ridiculously hopeful for game 4... but I just hope we aren't risking his long term health. This year isn't worth the rest of his career.

You would thini that but with a concussion everyting is diffucult. In that situation just staying at home for an extra 2 days could make a world of difference as compared to flying out with the team and having to try to get quiet time away from everyone.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#105 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted Image

LOL

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#106 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Canucks are one of the classiest organizations in the league. No way would they put their player in danger of serious injury and no way would Daniel play if docs don't okay him first and proper protocol isn't followed. Look at what this team does in the community and how Gillis has re-arranged the hockey ops to be one of the most ethical in the league.

Give your head a shake if you think he's being rushed, if he's cleared he will and should play.

This isn't the issue. The only thing I'm worried about is Danny having too big of a heart. Even if he didn't feel 100% after skating hard he might have said he feels good to go. The doctors can only work with him if he is 100% truthful in how he feels.

I trust he wont risk his future for one game though... so if he plays, he plays.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#107 BleedBlueAndGreen

BleedBlueAndGreen

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Game Changer. Don't care what anyone else says. They miss Daniel on the PP and it mishmashes all the lines and screws up chemistry.

14o6bli.jpg
Credit to -VintageCanuck for the sig

#108 Stuey

Stuey

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

If Daniel isnt healthy enough to play then he wont play. But I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt play a regular shift and then use him lots on the pp because we need that to get going. It will be similar to when crosby came back they wont play him as much as he was before but will use him when they can

#109 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

even if he isnt there to play i really think this is a good move for moral support for the guys....they probably miss him a lot in the room and vice versa...think of how happy hank will be to have his bro there...im stoked either way for the team morale

#110 PlanTheParade

PlanTheParade

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Still waiting for Trev to lace 'em up and carry the team on his back to the finals.

I guess we will have to settle for Daniel.

#111 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

He wasn't even able to travel with the team, and the team said he would be out for game 3 and 4. Even if he suddenly feels better, why not have extra days before they know for sure?

Clearly they are rushing him.

Ah, it's the Play-offs, I never believe anything AV or the team says, ( or any other team for that matter ) they are known for their Play-off missinformation, etc. Apparently Daniel has been skating for a few days perhaps this was their plan all along, we will never know. It could also be a desperate move on their part to bring Daniel there to practice with the team with no intention of playing him just wanting to make LA consider the possibility of Daniel coming in and changing the look of the Canucks team they will be facing and the idea of how motivated the Canucks might play getting Daniel back into their line-up. Daniel is way too important to the team's future they would never risk him if he wasn't ready.
Posted Image Go Canucks Go Posted Image

I should change my name now that Sakic has retired but I'm too lazy ..... he was the only reason for the avs part .... goodbye and good luck Burnaby Joe !

#112 TVank15

TVank15

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

Obviously Sedin wasn't actually hurt and now they are bringing in a fully healthy and rested Sedin for our miracle run to the finals. The concussion was faked so as to create a drama-filled story about how the canucks fell behind 3-0, only to get one of their top players back and decimate everyone else on their way to the cup. :towel:

I can dream right?
Posted Image
Thanks to 23Qwerty

#113 rotiman187

rotiman187

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

If the canucks come back, that will be my stanley cup. We just need to win the next game, game 5 at home and I can see them winning that. La would be shocked now and canucks would play their asses off and may win game 6. If this all happens and canucks get game 7 @home i can definitley see them winning.

Sorry for being so opimistic, INB4 being flamed..
Posted Image

#114 BurrsArrows

BurrsArrows

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

If he's cleared for practice, he's sure to be good for Wednesday!!!!!! ::D

#115 Grind-Like-Lightning

Grind-Like-Lightning

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

If he plays injured, and goes out longterm.... fml.
Posted Image Posted Image

#116 canucksgyal

canucksgyal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

There is hope. Whether he plays or not. Him being there would make a difference alone. Him in the lineup would make a huge difference BUT this is only if they can solve QUICK. The chances of him losing 4 in a row are slim but possible. Solve him. Run him out of his net. Luongo is a great goalie, Tim Thomas is a great goalie, Pekka Rinne is a great goalie but all have been run out of their nets sometime in their careers.

Edited by canucksgyal, 16 April 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#117 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

I totally lost hope after yesterday's game, but with Daniel, I'm confident again!

Start the comeback, WE CAN DO IT!

And please CDC, stay positive!

#118 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

YEEE BUDDY please be fully healthy tho
Posted Image

#119 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

If the canucks come back, that will be my stanley cup. We just need to win the next game, game 5 at home and I can see them winning that. La would be shocked now and canucks would play their asses off and may win game 6. If this all happens and canucks get game 7 @home i can definitley see them winning.

Sorry for being so opimistic, INB4 being flamed..

Don't be, we need more guys like you!

#120 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,022 posts

At best this gets us 2 wins...I doubt 4. I'll hope...but I'm a doubter.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.