The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will The Raymond Hate Ever End?

Ugli Fruit

I hate the term hate and haters. It is an underhanded method of hijacking any discussion or opposing view. "You're just a hater" means nothing except you don't have a logical argument in defense of your position! Just because I don't agree with someone's statement that Raymond is one of our best forwards. Does not mean I hate him. I just think his high energy keep in motion going nowhere style of play is pointless. On the plus side most of the time he is not a defensive liability??? Recently I have rarely seen him getting a whistle leading to a stoppage of play in the offensive end. So what's the point? Brownian Motion?

Why would the hating on this guy end? Has anyone actually noticed him out there? I sure as hell haven't. He has speed and that is about it. He isn't strong enough, he doesn't always get himself where he needs to be and he couldnt hit the target if he was already standing tin the goal. He needs to go. He is useless.... <_<

Why would the hating on this guy end? Has anyone actually noticed him out there? I sure as hell haven't. He has speed and that is about it. He isn't strong enough, he doesn't always get himself where he needs to be and he couldnt hit the target if he was already standing tin the goal. He needs to go. He is useless.... <_<

The fact that the coach continually gives Raymond chance after chance after chance when he has proven to do absolutely nothing with those chances for the past two years, could end up being one of the main reasons that said coach might get his walking papers if the Nucks lose.

If these guys are so smart, why do they fall into the same trap that some of the lightweights above are so often to be found in.

There is no mention of his serious injury, there is no mention of his lack of pre-season and conditioning. I'm sure you will appreciate that a fractured vertebrae has a lot mor impact on upper body conditioning than say a calf or knee injury.

There is no mention of the fact that he is playing with line mates who have struggled as much if not more than him, or that the team as a whole have reflected his form.

There is no mention of his streak of form when he did come back.

There is no mention that apart from his nightmare attempt at a hit the other night and no doubt the loss of the goal it lead to, affecting his confidence and ultimately his minutes...............It has been recognised by many fair minded CDC'rs on here that he has been one of our better players in these playoffs.

I wrote that especially for someone like you. Do you know why? Because I knew you would be as unable to understand the full post as you are at understanding hockey and assessing hockey players.

I have followed a hockey team and ice hockey for over twenty years. You on the other hand are a little coward who gives nothing away about your background, preferring instead to make snide remarks about kilts, haggis, age and any other piece of bigotry that comes into your small mind.

When you grow up (I doubt if you are even out of school yet) I hope you develop some respect and maybe learn a thing or two about how good the Scots have been for your Country. Until then I suppose you will continue to show yourself up to be an immature wee schoolboy trying to walk a man's walk.

By the way below is one I missed.

This is the second time you have made reference to me and mindcheck. I thought at first when you started posting and PMing me you were like most on here, decent guys, girls who you could discuss hockey with and even disagree with in a banter kind of way.

However I really think with a post like this, you are a nasty piece of work. Perhaps you would care to apologise. It was plain to most who read it that it was a sardonic attack on many of the so called fans on here and had nothing to do with self worth and the team.

You also (amazingly because you constantly make cracks about my nationality) had to have the time difference (8 hours ahead of you in Scotland) pointed out to you.

I really should report you D.J. but that is not my style.

Posted Today, 03:33 AM

/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=10584326">snapback.pngD.J Ball, on 18 April 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

In the future grown men making threads titled "What's wrong with me ? at 3:05 AM should be referred to mindchek.ca

People that tie their own self worth to a team they cheer for is only asking for trouble.

Win or lose tonight we have a great organization and a beautiful city and i trust MG will make the appropriate decisions in the off season on a partial rebuild.

I don't hate Raymond but he really isn't very effective against certain teams, LA being one of them.

His lack of focus has really made me nervous about his play. The Kopitar misplay was a bad decision on his part (everyone makes mistakes) but what really made me angry with him was when Edler knocked his stick out of his hands with a pass!!!!! I don't understand how that happens to a junior hockey player let alone an NHLer, someone needs to shoehorn that boy's head from his rear-end.

You have just contradicted yourself. You mention his serious injury and his lack of a pre-season and conditioning and then you complain about people not mentioning his "streak of form when he did come back". What? How can you use his injury as an excuse and then talk about his streak of form when he first came back? If he played well when he came back then how can you use his injury as an excuse. His injury has nothing to do with his lack of production for the last 2 years including the playoffs.

Addmitedly his injury was serious but the team gave him as much time as he needed to come back and Raymond even admitted that he didn't feel rushed back into the lineup by the team. He said that they had been great about it and gave him all the time he needed until he felt 100% and confident to play. And then, and only then, he was eased back into the lineup. So, to use his injury is just an excuse. But then again, this is what you get from a Raymond apologist.

D.J Ball does not need me to help to defend him from you as he has proven to be quite adept at proving his point both with accuracy and humour. But I do have to point out one thing, did you actually admit to lying on your personal information page about only following the Canucks and hockey for 3 years and now are saying that you've followed "ice hockey" for 20 years? You would be the first person in the history of the internet who tried to make themselves look less intelligent, experienced or informed. Most people try to embellish their talents, or experience or knowledge and yet you went in the opposite direction?.......or is it more the fact that D.J caught you in red handed and you're now trying to cover for yourself? Just curious?

I hate the term hate and haters. It is an underhanded method of hijacking any discussion or opposing view. "You're just a hater" means nothing except you don't have a logical argument in defense of your position! Just because I don't agree with someone's statement that Raymond is one of our best forwards. Does not mean I hate him. I just think his high energy keep in motion going nowhere style of play is pointless. On the plus side most of the time he is not a defensive liability??? Recently I have rarely seen him getting a whistle leading to a stoppage of play in the offensive end. So what's the point? Brownian Motion?

His injury could well have affected his ability to maintain his high intensity game. Just because you feel fit enough to come back after a serious injury does not mean you have the stamina or conditioning to maintain that level. Any athlete will verify that, especially in a physically taxing sport like hockey.

I'm sorry but your determination to criticise Raymond seems to rob you of your logic and reason. I don't have to be an apologist I just have to make a fair assessment. You should try it some time.

Archived