The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Currently Playing?

12 hours ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Do you use the vr with those weird motion wands or controller?

With Firewall I use the gun.

sony-playstation-vr-aim-controller-psvr-

I have the motion wands (Playstation Move controller) as well. You can't use those for Firewall though.

With Firewall you either use that Aim Controller or the regular PS4 controller.

17 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

With Firewall I use the gun.

sony-playstation-vr-aim-controller-psvr-

I have the motion wands (Playstation Move controller) as well. You can't use those for Firewall though.

With Firewall you either use that Aim Controller or the regular PS4 controller.

Did you ever use the sharp shooter?

1 hour ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Did you ever use the sharp shooter?

Nope, never actually heard about it until now. Looks pretty cool. I great thing about this Aim Controller is the 2 joysticks being on it. The one thing I hated so far about PSVR was with the move controllers there are no joysticks to move around. PSVR could definitely benefit from upgrading the move controllers to have joysticks.

Sharp shooter has the shoulder rest too, like an actual gun would. That's the main gripe I have with the Aim Controller is that there is nothing on it to have rest on your shoulder while aiming around. There have been plenty of screenshots on Reddit though of people taping some sort of contraption onto it like the end of a crutch.

16 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Nope, never actually heard about it until now. Looks pretty cool. I great thing about this Aim Controller is the 2 joysticks being on it. The one thing I hated so far about PSVR was with the move controllers there are no joysticks to move around. PSVR could definitely benefit from upgrading the move controllers to have joysticks.

Sharp shooter has the shoulder rest too, like an actual gun would. That's the main gripe I have with the Aim Controller is that there is nothing on it to have rest on your shoulder while aiming around. There have been plenty of screenshots on Reddit though of people taping some sort of contraption onto it like the end of a crutch.

Yeah I was looking at the aim and it seems weird just holding a triangle. Do the buttons feel out of place or are they easy to get used to.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Yeah I was looking at the aim and it seems weird just holding a triangle. Do the buttons feel out of place or are they easy to get used to.

It actually feels surprisingly great. It's easy to use and you learn the button locations pretty quickly.

At first I was actually confusing myself because I didn't know where a button was while the VR headset was on.....so I was taking it off and looking at the controller. Then I realized I could just hold up the controller IN VR and look. Lmao.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

It actually feels surprisingly great. It's easy to use and you learn the button locations pretty quickly.

At first I was actually confusing myself because I didn't know where a button was while the VR headset was on.....so I was taking it off and looking at the controller. Then I realized I could just hold up the controller IN VR and look. Lmao.

Recommend any good single player games with it? I'm not really an online guy.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Recommend any good single player games with it? I'm not really an online guy.

With the Aim Controller, or just PSVR in general?

Farpoint is the alien shooter game that the Aim Controller was originally bundled with. That game has a single player and also some online, but I've never played it. I've heard it was one of the best VR games until Firewall came out.

Skyrim VR was decent, but as someone who already logged over 100 hours on the game since it came out in 2011, I just can't do it anymore...even with the VR immersion. It's still Skyrim. It's awesome being able to shoot guys with magic, actually being able to point around with your  hands....and actually having to draw out your bow and arrows etc in VR....but it's still just Skyrim to me.

Wipeout VR is amazing. Great racing game for VR. There's a bunch of different VR comfort settings you can toggle to help with the nausea as well. Definitely not the best game to jump right into VR though, because it's like a &^@#in' roller coaster. I could only really play it like 15-20min at a time per day until the sickness went away after a week.

Dirt VR is great as well. I heard DriveClub VR is fun, same with Gran Turismo.

I haven't played a ton of VR stuff yet. Firewall is the only game i"ve played with the Aim Controller so far, so it's really the only true recommendation I can give for it. But it's already widely known as probably the best VR game out, and it just came out. So that's some high praise.

Fallout 4 still, again. Third time through. There is no other open world game like it. By far and away the best. Skyrim too, but it is more fun to blow things up.

Rome 2 Total War. Also my third attempt, the first two times I didn't enjoy it and didn't play it much. It's considerably different from Empire and Napoleon which I am a huge fan of.

On 9/3/2018 at 10:11 AM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Fallout 4 still, again. Third time through. There is no other open world game like it. By far and away the best. Skyrim too, but it is more fun to blow things up.

Rome 2 Total War. Also my third attempt, the first two times I didn't enjoy it and didn't play it much. It's considerably different from Empire and Napoleon which I am a huge fan of.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas are vastly superior to Fallout 4. I don't even think it gets close to top ten open world games.

The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Grand Theft Auto V
Red Dead Redemption
Fallout: New Vegas
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag
Fallout 3
Just Cause 2

HMs: Saints Row: The Third, GTA IV, Batman Arkham City

Edited by 5Fivehole0
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up Assassins Creed Odyssey on a whim.

The game looks great on my GTX1060, I've been able to run it at 1080p on the highest settings with few dropped frames. 

Just about 3 hours in and I'm having a blast, the abilities feel really satisfying and the sense of progression you get from unlocking the different skill trees is awesome. 

The voice acting and accents are pretty terrible though if you care about something like that. 

After 6 months I finally completed Fallout4.  I have this need in me to explore every corner of the map and do every side quest along the way.  

I then completed COD WW2 in two days.  Lol.  Such a short game.  I realize its probably more popular for the PvP aspect, but I tend to stick to just the campaign/Storyline single player stuff.  

Now started on AC Origins.  This is up there with AC2 and Black Flag in my books.  So good.  This will probably take me another 6 months too.  Lol.