The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Love The Team, Hate The Fans.

Bur14

First off i want to say I am a DIE HARD Canucks fan. I live and breath Canucks everyday of my life, and like a lot of fans I get ragged on a daily basis about being such a HUGE Canucks fan. I've come to learn to try to ignore it to the best of my ability. However, what really pisses me off is the Canucks fan base and some of the media. I feel like I am surrounded by IDIOTS and it's really starting to piss me off. A lot of the Canucks fans in BC seem clueless and have no clue what they are talking about, and are the biggest cry baby's I've ever seen. For this reason it doesn't surprise me that the fan base is the most hated in the NHL. But to whats important.

Everyone seems to be saying we need to make major changes.. Hello people! Two president trophies in the last two years! Do people not realize that means they have been THE BEST TEAM IN THE NHL THE PAST TWO SEASONS?!? Not to mention we were only ONE game away from winning the Cup. Honestly do you expect them to win every game? No one should be complaining about the season we had. Despite the fact not many players had record years; the boys were still number one.

We wouldn't be where we are today if it wasn't for AV. I would be shocked if he doesn't come back. He is a Jack Adams winner that has led this team to be one of the top teams in the league in back to back years.

A lot of people are saying trade Kesler, and talking about how horrible he played during the season. Yes he didn't play great but he knows it. Furthermore he had a MAJOR surgery in the off season, and we all know Kesler. it was clear that he rushed back before he wasn't 100 percent. Now the rumors of his shoulder being messed up didn't help his performance. Hopefully he will be back to normal after a long off-season. Plus hopefully he will stop all the diving and start playing hockey, which he is so good at.

Raymond played HORRIBLE all season long as well. However he did come back from a MAJOR injury that almost prevented him from playing hockey ever again... If MG decides to bring him back he should show signs of the Raymond we all loved in 2009/2010; however i don't know if he can get back to a 25 goal scorer again.

I'm sorry but you can't expect these players to come back and be 100 percent without an full off-season of training it's just not realistic.

Mike Gillis confirmed what a lot of people were thinking with Hodgson. Cody had some major issues with his position in the organization. Hopefully this will make a lot of you move on. I hope you all realize that Kassian is younger than Coho and is just going to get better. He is a good Canadian kid who i believe will be determined in the off season to get better and better.

From what it looks like Luongo will be moving on which is really sad. He has been an unbelievable goalie for this team, and no one seems to appreciate it. Yes he had his fair share amounts of bad goals (don't all goalies?), flopin around, and few embellishments. But when he is on fire he is one of the best goalies in the league. it sickens me how fans have treated him here. Today's interview just showed how much of a class act he is; i feel like i need to go find him and give him a hug because he sounded so depressed. No one in that locker room tries harder then him.

Cory is an unbelievable young goalie, who is going to be a superstar like Luu said. If he stays awesome, we got an amazing goalie who the players feel comfortable with. However I won't give it much time until most of you start hating on him just like Luongo. Not to mention if he goes we are going to get a top player in return who could really help this team in the future or present.

Yeah we got kicked out in the 1st round, but LA is way better than an 8th Seed. They didn't preform to their potential all year and Quick was unbelievable.The Canucks could have won games 2, 3, and 5. Sadly they didn't get the bounces and our top players didn't produce. We were missing are top goal scorer for the 1st three games that REALLY did not help the situation. (Duncan Keith I HATE YOU) BOTH Luongo and Schneider were UNBELIEVABLE and we just couldn't score on quick if our life depended on it. Still their effort was not acceptable from anyones point of view.

Like i said, yeah we got out in the first round but look at the rest of the NHL. The Cap era has hit and the NHL has become an even league (except Columbus). If you told me at the start of the season that Van, Det, Chi, SJ, and Pitt would be eliminated after the first round i would have thought you were crazy. That is what is going to happen in the cap era.

Overall the regular season was awesome. i thought the boys did really good for the most part. for cryin out loud 2nd best year in history and people are STILL complaing. At the end of the day i thought it was going to be very hard for the boys to get back to the finals. They just looked tired over the last two months of the season. Most likely because of such a short off season and players recovering from injurys. The cup is the hardest Championship for a reason, it's not supposed to be easy.

So WAKE UP BRITSH COLUMBIA! We are lucky to have such an amazing team. For crying out loud at least were not like the leafs and not make the playoffs every year.

I BELIEVE IN BLUE UNTIL THE DAY I DIE. Canucks For Life.

Darren Alexander

Update:

Let me get this straight. I don't hate all the fans, I hate the bandwagon jumpers, and the people who complain about this team to change everything when we still have any amazing team. Which seems to be a lot of people.

A lot of you are saying I'm am one of them. Sorry for coming on here for the first time and years and voicing my opinion. Which others i've talked to around BC have agreed with and respect me for it.

I used to enjoy coming to CDC on a daily basis when i was a teenager and i still don't mind some of you. I made some really good friends from here. I actually see some of them in life instead of behind the screen and talk hockey on a weekly basis.

We all have here something in conman which is are love for this team. No one has to agree with one another I'm just saying how i feel. So if you don't like it then move on to the next thread.

Guest BuckFoston

A caps rage rant is really the best way to show that you are not, in fact, one if these annoying fans that you speak of and who everyone hates.

I'm sold.

Your upset at people who have high expectations and feel this team is underachieving and wants change. Yet here you are also voicing your opinion in a lengthy rant.

Raymond had a bad season before this one, or at least no different then this year, so please stop using that excuse, he was also pretty good when he returned, but fell off yet again after december. It was not just one season.

Many of us simply feel this team should be better, presidents trophies dont mean anything, stop holding onto that. This team needs to strive to be better, not just settle for being a good regular season team. if you disagree thats fine, but dont share your opinion and then get upset at fans who have the opposite opinion of you.

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

I also feel its ironic you think were hated just because were cry babies and always complaining, if you venture onto other forums with other teams of various fanbases they will also tell you they find us extremely arrogant for a team that never won the cup, and thats what your post says to me. We won 2 president trophies, we made it to game 7 of the stanely cup...

We have done everything except win the cup and thats what counts. This team is not above criticism, we are not so good that criticism and change is something absurd and unreasonable and should not even be discussed.

I like your passion, but I dont believe in blind faith, you can support the canucks and think they are awesome and everyone is overreacting and being cry babies, but some of us base greatness on results.

Good Post.

There are many on here I have no respect for. I don't mean those who criticise but those who moan and whine without backing any of it up logically. The people who think the world owes them a Stanley Cup just because the Canucks are a good team.........and of course the one line braindead types who are legends in their own tiny minds, craving a smirk or a plus from the equally braindead.

But they are all here to stay so you just get used to it.

Archived