Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

I've Penned A Letter To Boston

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 SeaVanCanGal

SeaVanCanGal

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

After seeing all the negativity that Boston fans are leaving for Joel Ward on Twitter, I thought I would pen a letter/email to the Boston Bruins Organisation. I would like your opinions, (the good, the bad, and the ugly- I can take it) Here is the letter that I have written:

Dear Boston Bruins Organisation,

First of all good show on a fantastic series, as a fan of hockey and the NHL in general I love the playoffs. Sorry you aren't moving on but this is a good time to now reflect on how you can make your team, your players, you fans and your city proud again. I don't know if you are aware of this but this came to light from numerous boards

Now I have to be honest with you, I am not a Bruins fan (I grew up with the Habs) however this is a new low in hockey. If I may offer a suggestion, if any of these people are season ticket holders, you may want to review your contracts with them. This isn't good for your team, the city, and fans of hockey in general. This is an embarrassment and its spreading. May you make the wise decision and please re-educate your fans on what good sportsmanship is. I wish you luck in the future, and I hope that the Bruins can be the stoic original 6 team that it is suppose to be.

Sincerely,

Kristin C.

Well, let me have it.......love it? Hate it? What can I add or take away? I would love your thoughts.

Edited by SeaVanCanGal, 25 April 2012 - 11:19 PM.
Link removed

Yes, Opus would be proud.........He's probably watching the games with Bill the Cat and Steve Dallas, somewhere in Bloom County, he probably has his cup of tea and he is wearing the Canucks third jersey because its "politically correct". After games, the three of them sit around and debate why the needless violence in sports is necessary with Steve Dallas always being the voice of reason on such matters. Bill the Cat is still sitting around licking his a*se and coughing up hairballs, looking forward to drinking milk out of the great silver chalice. Ahh life is good in Bloom County..........Carry on for Vancouver, Opus, carry on.

#2 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,736 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Organization has a Z

I don't think a huge organization like that would take spelling errors seriously. I am not a grammar nazi but I am just trying to help before you send it off.

They have no control over their fans and they don't really have a way of figuring out who did it.

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 25 April 2012 - 11:08 PM.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,689 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Pretty sad IMO

as for the letter good on you

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#4 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

May you make the wise decision and please re-educated you fans on what good sportsmanship is.

Should be "May you make the wise decision and please, educate your fans on what good sportsmanship is."

(Or reeducate )

:)

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 25 April 2012 - 11:11 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#5 please recycle

please recycle

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

lol.

Wait... this is a joke right?
Posted Image

#6 tricarboxylic

tricarboxylic

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

I hope you wrote a similar letter to Vancouver, after their loss to the Bruins in Game 7. The rioting was plain embarrassing....

#7 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

Organization has a Z

I don't think a huge organization like that would take spelling errors seriously. I am not a grammar nazi but I am just trying to help before you send it off.

They have no control over their fans and they don't really have a way of figuring out who did it.

Organization can have an S in British English, I believe.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#8 please recycle

please recycle

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

People know the Bruins organization has no control over what some random idiots say on twitter right..? Right?
Posted Image

#9 mau5trap

mau5trap

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Holy crap.. That's intense.

Posted Image

#10 SeaVanCanGal

SeaVanCanGal

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

LoL I grew up in the UK so my spelling is British. (I'm not going to change that) as for the letter, content is good, I take it? I've sent it by e-mail, and I'm going to be mailing a copy tomorrow. If you can overlook the spelling I would appriciate that.

As for Vancouver, the Canucks have already jumped all over the fans' sportsmanship, by posting videos and the such. Yes, last year was an embarrassment for Vancouver, however after all the mayhem the city came together and cleaned up. They came together when Rick Rypien passed away, and we came together when they started the new season, I'm not too concerned for our fans, and our city. (Yes, Vancouver is my city too) This, though is a whole new low, and it needs to be nipped in the bud.
Yes, Opus would be proud.........He's probably watching the games with Bill the Cat and Steve Dallas, somewhere in Bloom County, he probably has his cup of tea and he is wearing the Canucks third jersey because its "politically correct". After games, the three of them sit around and debate why the needless violence in sports is necessary with Steve Dallas always being the voice of reason on such matters. Bill the Cat is still sitting around licking his a*se and coughing up hairballs, looking forward to drinking milk out of the great silver chalice. Ahh life is good in Bloom County..........Carry on for Vancouver, Opus, carry on.

#11 Serendipity

Serendipity

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Organization has a Z

Actually, both organisation and organization are correct. The former is more common in the UK and the latter is often refered to as American English (-ize endings).

Anyways, as for your content. I can see where you are coming from - but I don't think it is necessary. The Bruins organization has no control over what fans tweet or speak about. If we're sending letters to Boston for this - then perhaps maybe we should have gotten something in return for rioting?

Racism is pathetic, but what their "fans" say doesn't directly reflect on the organization - it just makes the fans look stupid. I'm sure everyone in the organization disapproves of this already.

Besides, the actions of a few don't reflect the entire fan base. That's what I tell everyone who thinks all Canucks fans are rioting goofs. It's not right to generalize the whole fan base because of a few morons.

Edited by Serendipity, 25 April 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#12 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • 11,689 posts

People know the Bruins organization has no control over what some random idiots say on twitter right..? Right?

I guess the Canucks organization has no control over some random idiots rioting last year

Apparently the government/police thought they should of done more to prevent it, lol

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#13 Magikal

Magikal

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Well it's not fair to bunch in all Boston fans as racist. This is the actions of a small percentage of Boston fans (most likely) and, just like the small percentage of Vancouverites who rioted, their actions should not label their whole city. We as Vancouver fans should understand this more than anyone.

What those select individuals are saying is pathetic for sure, but i'm sure the majority of Boston fans have their heads screwed on a bit tighter.
Posted Image
Credit to Lahey.

October1st,2013. #HistoryWillBeMade

#14 please recycle

please recycle

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

I guess the Canucks organization has no control over some random idiots rioting last year

Apparently the government/police thought they should of done more to prevent it, lol

It should be pretty obvious that it's easier to prevent a riot than it is to control what racists say on twitter.
Posted Image

#15 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Organization can have an S in British English, I believe.

True but they are Americans from Boston. I doubt they would know that. IN fact, I would bet money, they don't know that!!

#16 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Racist Boston fans are nothing new. Lots of Canuck fans made the trip to Boston last year. As we all know a good percentage of Canuck Nation is Indo-Canadian and Chinese-Canadian.

During intermission my buddy and I left our seats to go take a pic with the Green Guys. When we got back we saw an Indian couple in Canuck jerseys who were very upset. Turns out a Bruins fan called the woman a 'terrorist' and ordered her to get out. They got the usher who came and asked the guy if he had said that. Of course he wasn't man enough to own up to it. So the usher let him stay while the 2 disgusted Canuck fans left the game at the beginning of the 2nd.

Stay classy Boston.

#17 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,358 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

I hope you wrote a similar letter to Vancouver, after their loss to the Bruins in Game 7. The rioting was plain embarrassing....

You mean Surrey right? who brings molotov cocktails to a viewing party?

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#18 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Well it's not fair to bunch in all Boston fans as racist. This is the actions of a small percentage of Boston fans (most likely) and, just like the small percentage of Vancouverites who rioted, their actions should not label their whole city. We as Vancouver fans should understand this more than anyone.

What those select individuals are saying is pathetic for sure, but i'm sure the majority of Boston fans have their heads screwed on a bit tighter.

Of course there are decent Boston fans. However, the fact half the fans left before their team was acknowledged; that ther were some in teh crowd throwing things at the Caps players; fans flipping the bird to teh Caps as they celebrated and now this Twitter thing....combined with them pushing a 7 year old Nucks fan last year and laughing and taunting Raymond as he left the ice and you get a picture of a boorish, ignorant fan base.

Of course, if you have ever seen their commercials where a guy in a bear suit slaps people around, you may better understand where the attitude comes from.

"That's Bruins hockey"!!

#19 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,084 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

The Bruins organization likes all of that stuff. Come on, their GM said that they are genuinely a clean team. None of them are that bright in Boston.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#20 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

Some downtown stores and cars, all insurance related, big deal; tens of thousands of racist ignorant morons, much bigger issue. Our morons were much more creative too! On a low scale but hey...

#21 ChipDR

ChipDR

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Compare what the Bruin fan base did at the end of the game this past game 7 for their team to what our fans did that fatefull game 7 last year. Every Bruin that touched the cup and raised it (a childhood dream for everyone of them) was cheered. The Bruins team is a reflection of their fans and the city.

#22 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Organization has a Z

Canada uses British English not American.
I'd advise before correcting people you understand that.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#23 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

So you think they are going to re-evaluate their season ticket holders?

I lol'd

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#24 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

It's not obviously tongue-in-cheek enough for my liking.

aXmDa9t.gif

#25 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

I seriously doubt they will care about this letter, but hey good luck

#26 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Racist Boston fans are nothing new. Lots of Canuck fans made the trip to Boston last year. As we all know a good percentage of Canuck Nation is Indo-Canadian and Chinese-Canadian.

During intermission my buddy and I left our seats to go take a pic with the Green Guys. When we got back we saw an Indian couple in Canuck jerseys who were very upset. Turns out a Bruins fan called the woman a 'terrorist' and ordered her to get out. They got the usher who came and asked the guy if he had said that. Of course he wasn't man enough to own up to it. So the usher let him stay while the 2 disgusted Canuck fans left the game at the beginning of the 2nd.

Stay classy Boston.

lol u must know some pretty easy going indo-canadians. most of the ones i know would of beat the crap out of the guy for saying that

#27 Ace_of_Spades

Ace_of_Spades

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

LoL I grew up in the UK so my spelling is British. (I'm not going to change that) as for the letter, content is good, I take it? I've sent it by e-mail, and I'm going to be mailing a copy tomorrow. If you can overlook the spelling I would appriciate that.

As for Vancouver, the Canucks have already jumped all over the fans' sportsmanship, by posting videos and the such. Yes, last year was an embarrassment for Vancouver, however after all the mayhem the city came together and cleaned up. They came together when Rick Rypien passed away, and we came together when they started the new season, I'm not too concerned for our fans, and our city. (Yes, Vancouver is my city too) This, though is a whole new low, and it needs to be nipped in the bud.

Boston's organization jumped all over thier fans as well, look up on NHL.com Bostons response to thier fans it was something along the lines of "we are disgusted by the ignorance and stupidity of some people who call themselves hockey fans.... etc etc". I don't know what you are expecting to get from your letter but you asked our (our=other readers) honest opinions on love it or hate it and I have to say I personally hate it. Not trying to be rude, but I think it's a crazy letter to write talking about looking over current season ticket holders etc..? that's silly to say the least. Anyways you do what you want, I just think your anger and disgust is directed towards the wrong people, the Boston organization is just as disgusted by these tweets as you are.

#28 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

A Tampa bay rays Player said the same thing about red sox fans

"Just their arrogance," Scott said. "The fans come in and they take over the city. They're ruthless. They're vulgar. They cause trouble. They talk about your family. Swear at you. Who likes that? When people do that, it just gives you more incentive to beat them. Then when things like [the last game of last season] happen, you celebrate even more. You go to St. Louis -- classiest fans in the game. You do well, there's no vulgarity. You know what? You don't wish them bad."

http://ca.sports.yah...-235857102.html

Edited by Tony Romo, 27 April 2012 - 11:24 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#29 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

A Tampa bay rays Player said the same thing about red sox fans

http://ca.sports.yah...-235857102.html

lol he's just bitter his team has never won anything and that there's more red sox fans than rays fans at his home games.
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#30 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

Boston's organization jumped all over thier fans as well, look up on NHL.com Bostons response to thier fans it was something along the lines of "we are disgusted by the ignorance and stupidity of some people who call themselves hockey fans.... etc etc". I don't know what you are expecting to get from your letter but you asked our (our=other readers) honest opinions on love it or hate it and I have to say I personally hate it. Not trying to be rude, but I think it's a crazy letter to write talking about looking over current season ticket holders etc..? that's silly to say the least. Anyways you do what you want, I just think your anger and disgust is directed towards the wrong people, the Boston organization is just as disgusted by these tweets as you are.

Check the time stamp of the OP's post as it was written BEFORE the Bruins organization came out with their statement.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.