The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luongo Requests A Trade During Exit Meeting With Gillis

Huh? You don't think MG was pulling strings from upstairs? Born last night were ya?

Lu sat for three games, and had the nucks lasted longer, CS would have ridden the wave. It was all orchestrated to force Lu's hand, make him wave his NTc. Gillis is a two faced p.o.s.

Oh naive one .... At 3-0, a comeback wasn't likely. Admittedly as likely with Lu as CS, so why not play Lu in game 4 or 5? The reason is clear ... With the season all but over, let's bench Lu in an effort to get him to want out. It's obvious!

Gillis is a p.o.s. (in case I forgot to say it previously)

But really...I hope he didn't ask for a trade. Luongo did say, he will only do it, if asked. I doubt Gillis asked him to wave it. But the only of knowing is, that Luongo probably asked for the trade, Luongo tells his agent, agent tells Kypreios, or Kypreo's is talking B.S like he usually does.

But one thing I think is B.S is LUongo ASKING to be traded.

If Gillis asked him to waive his NTC, that's fine.

If Luongo told Gillis" Boss, i'm ok if you ask me to waive my ntc," That's fine.

I hope this isn't true..

I would rather keep Luongo than keep Schneids. At least we know Lu can carry the team (see last year) and Schneids hasn't proven he can play during the full reg + long playoff runs..

And you are actually willing to risk it? What happens if we do sign Schneider for 3-5 years, would he re-sign here after his term ends? At least with Luongo, we know we will have a good starter because he is sealed. Schneids only showed his brilliance playing only 33 games last year.. How would he deal with a reg season? Will he be consistent? How will he preform next year's playoff? Can he carry the team?

The thing is going with Schneids is a risky move especially for a team contending for a cup. Lu doesn't play as well against Hawks or Bruins but he has been really good against other teams. Playoffs may not be the best time for him but it's not entirely his fault. The first two games were not due to him but the whole team.

It's better to be safe than sorry. I would rather have another team experiment with Schneider as a starter than this team.

Something sounds sketchy about this... I almost think, if it is in fact true that he requested a trade, that it is likely taken out of context by the media (surprise surprise)

If he asked for a trade, I would think he is "asking" because he feels the Canucks are looking to go with Schneider going forward. Asking for a trade, not because he wants to leave, but because he's a mature enough player to make the process as smooth as possible.

Luongo seems like a classy guy. Too classy to demand a trade in some sort of nefarious way.

You have to take risks to win, that's how it is. Are the Canucks going to win with Luongo? I don't think so, so you take a risk, maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but that's life. We took a risk on Luongo, too, since he had never played in a playoff game (and some might say that didn't turn out so well). Schneids also isn't that big of a risk compared to other young goalies. First, he isn't that young, he's 26, not 22. Second, he's been brought along VERY slowly. He played 3 years in the AHL honing his game until he was the best goalie in the AHL. Then, he played two years behind Luongo gaining NHL experience and even playoff experience. He isn't just on a hot streak, he's the real deal. If ever the team was going to switch goalies for a younger goalie, this is the best time to do it. Is there risk? Yes, but there is risk in every decision.

That is insane. You do realized that Luongo carried the team until Game 7 of the SCF, right? He was amazing in Games 1, 2, and 5. Without him, there was no way we will even pushed for game 7. We were one game away to win it all but we came short due to injuries. The fact that you don't think Lu can win the cup with this team is RIDICULOUS. And you think Schneids can win the cup for us? Luongo is one of the best goalies in the league with really good stats. The fact you guys are willing to ship him out for a goalie that hasn't proven himself is pathetic.

Schneid isn't the real deal as of yet. He played 1 brilliant season. You can't say someone is a real deal after 1 great season. In 2 years and his stats is as consistent as ever, then yeah, you can say he is a real deal. Until then, it's tough to know whether or not a goalie will be a real deal when they were only played less than half of what a starter plays.

I really like Schneider as a player and he has been amazing this season. To be honest, I don't think he is worth losing Lu though. Lu turned this franchise around and it is because of him, Canucks became a contender. He has proven to be a solid goaltender with consistent stats. Although playoffs may not be his strength, it really depends who he plays against. Plus, you can't shoulder all the blame on him. That's ridiculous. It wasn't due to him that we lost games 1 and 2. The whole team did not play well.

+1. My sentiments exactly.

It's like beating your head against the wall trying to get it through to Lu haters. They compare Lu's results in games 1 and 2 with Schneider's in games 3, 4, 5 without taking into account the way the rest of the team played in those games. And the coaches and media have said Lu played outstanding in those games despite the goals against. He was the best Canuck in those games.

Archived