The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Luongo Requests A Trade During Exit Meeting With Gillis

If you haven't realized right now, which is obvious, I was comparing how his good regular season career numbers have been carried into the playoffs. His GAA is .01 point up in the playoffs, while his save % is only down 2 points. How is that not consistent?

If Schneider goes and Luongo stays. Can you imagine how bad it's going to be next season.

Media/Fan Ammunition

1) Luongo was on the bench in the most important games last season

2) He requested a trade

3) We had to trade Schneider

4) Cap Hit

5) If Schneider starts out well, everyone will jump all over Gillis.

• 2 weeks later...

Cory is 26, by the time Patrick was 26 he won the Stanley Cup, the Conn Smythe, 2 Vezinas, 3 Jennings (co-winner) and played in 3 all star games. 157 regular season wins and 47 playoff wins.

Cory is a Jennings co-winner, 38 regular season wins and 1 playoff win.

Nick Kypreos is such a loser.

Starting a rumor as if it's a fact that Luongo asked for a trade when it quite obviously wasn't. Sick of Kypreos. Can't believe people still take him seriously. Anyone see him on hockey central? I can't watch that show when he's on.

Nick Kypreos is such a loser.

Starting a rumor as if it's a fact that Luongo asked for a trade when it quite obviously wasn't. Sick of Kypreos. Can't believe people still take him seriously. Anyone see him on hockey central? I can't watch that show when he's on.

Got to take a big contract in return, or no dice.

Nash is tough cause of where he is. If Columbus gets sold and moved to Quebec city, then yes. Don't hold your breath.

Lecavalier is a real possibility.

Ovechkin isn't going anywhere, although he also has a stupid contract. You never know I guess..

There are nightmare scenarios like Carter too...

I don't care, if Luongo voluntarily asked to be traded out of Vancouver. I can feel the stress he has been having from the Vancouver fans, and perhaps, other NHL fans. If he moves to another team, I'll cheer for the team he joins. This is my way of respecting Luongo until the end.

Archived