The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[May 2012] New Spider-Man, Batman Trailers Released

I loved Spider Man as a kid, so I've always had interest in the movies, but the problem with translating Spider Man into a movie is that the action-y parts are going to be 90% CGI, especially with The Lizard s the villain. I dunno, I just don't really like cgi action sequences, and they certainly don't age well.

I understand they're trying to make the series 'darker' but generally speaking, Spider Man wasn't a "dark comic" neither in plot nor in setting. It just seems weird to me that they'd try to emulate the whole thing that Batman is going for, when it's the wrong direction entirely, imo.

I also agree that Andrew Garfield is probably the worst possible selection for Peter Parker, however I did think Tobey Maguire looked and fit the part perfectly

Batman will be epic yet again. Still disappointing Bale bailed on a 5 movie sequel and went for the 3 with how well these movies were going.

Spiderman looks like an improvement, but they need to make it darker like the OLD comics I read as a kid, basically how batman went from the kid orientated movies to the dark version the comics were originally made as.

Spiderman is more of a movie where i'm going to watch it simply because it's Spiderman and you can't not watch it. Doesn't even look good, but whatever.

The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit will shatter previous records in every category for box offices. I am expecting huge things from there 2 movies, they better not disappointing.

lol, which comics were dark?

amazing spider man was rarely a "dark" comic in terms of tone, content, or any of that. sure, it dealt with death in some ways, but it's absolutely nothing like the whole world of gotham city

Hopefully people realize this is the amazing spiderman vs. just spiderman. Not sure which one the old ones origin from but they both are from two different versions with two different stories. I believe all the same characters but just a different order of events as well as some totally different events.

Archived