Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

David Booth's Value..play Him Or Trade Him

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#91 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

If the option for keeping him is to play him on a line with Ryan I say trade him. He is not a good fit to play with Ryan as both don't use one another.

#92 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

Ryan Kesler needs to learn to pass the puck. We've invested enough money in guys he won't click with.
Posted Image

#93 6string

6string

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

well today made the booth situation more interesting as kesler will be out for an indefinite amount of time and hodgson is gone to start next season....

booth's chances of remaining look more positive, simply because the current coaching staff likes veterans and who the heck knows how they will fill a temporary hole.

#94 geezer2

geezer2

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Like it or not being traded in the middle of a season is unsettling and it is not so easy getting used to a new team moving family etc. all plays a role . He needs a full offseason to get settled. He has a ton of upside and I think he and Kassian will be much better next year after having the training staff help him with goal setting and preparation for next seasons training camp

#95 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

There is nothing wrong with Booth. He can skate, hit and shoot. He is not afraid of the dirty area. The problem again is the coach. He is the motivator, and planer. He stuck with his plan and it stunk. The whole team was in a funk and the caoch had no answers.

#96 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

I'd like to see if we could get Kane +pick for Booth and Raymond.

and then I would like to see us use one of the goalies + whatever to get Perry or someone like him for the Sedins.

Sedin Sedin Perry
Kane Kesler Kassian
Higgins Schroeder Burrows
Volpatti Pahlsson/Manny Hansen

If Kass isn't ready shove him down to 4 and push Burrows and Hansen up.

I would then use Ballard/Edler|+Tanev+ pick to get a big hard D.

Edited by Bodee, 09 May 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#97 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

There is nothing wrong with Booth. He can skate, hit and shoot. He is not afraid of the dirty area. The problem again is the coach. He is the motivator, and planer. He stuck with his plan and it stunk. The whole team was in a funk and the caoch had no answers.

I don't mind whether Booth comes or goes it is just that I think if we could trade him for Kane I would love it. Surely at $3.1 M we could get something done
Kevin.jpg

#98 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

I don't mind whether Booth comes or goes it is just that I think if we could trade him for Kane I would love it. Surely at $3.1 M we could get something done

Evander Kane I hope you are referring to
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#99 Gino Gino Gino

Gino Gino Gino

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

do my math as i replied to earlier....he had 29 pts in 56 games...if you double the total of 56 games played ( 112 )....now double his point production to 112 games played , his total is 58 pts!

at this rate he would have 58 points in 112 games.

your expecting 63 - 70 pts in 82 games with 30 goals!...your expectations are lofty, i'm expecting he'll produce some 50 to 60 maximum pts if your lucky, but more likely high 40's to low 50's.

Yes, because you can clearly just take one shortened season and multiply it to figure out how good a player is and how well he will perform next year. Let's just forget about the mid-season injuries and trying to learn a new system, those things can't be mulitplied so therefore don't count.

You sir recieve my first ever posted :picard:

Next why don't you try the, "I'm right because I have more posts than you" argument... :rolleyes:

#100 6string

6string

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

Yes, because you can clearly just take one shortened season and multiply it to figure out how good a player is and how well he will perform next year. Let's just forget about the mid-season injuries and trying to learn a new system, those things can't be mulitplied so therefore don't count.

You sir recieve my first ever posted :picard:

Next why don't you try the, "I'm right because I have more posts than you" argument... :rolleyes:

#101 6string

6string

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

to gino gino gino ...i won't even go there, you've already embarrased yourself with your pompous assertion by putting words in my mouth!

Attached Files

Edited by 6string, 17 May 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#102 6string

6string

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

Attached File  1308169264001.jpg   13.88KB   0 downloadshe kills bears omg!

#103 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

Even before the Canuck's got Booth. I always figured Booth would have been suited better with the Twins. I really don't think Kesler and Booth gels well at all. I'd hope Booth is put up the Twins line, and Burrows is able to find chemistry with Kesler. Would still rather the Canuck's try and get Brassard, if we were looking for a partner for Kesler. Booth + for Brassard please. If the rumors are true about Columbus trying to move Brassard, I'd desperately try to be involved. Columbus is where players go to die. Once Brassard is out of Columbus, he's going to be a star.

I too have been saying for a while he should be with the twins. I am looking forward to this coming season to find out exactly what we have in David Booth. I don't think Henrik would be slow to tell him to pass if he was as greedy on their line.

I am also keen to see a what a fitter stronger Raymond con do on the 2nd/3rd.......he is still potentially one of the best players we have and I would hate to see him "do it" somewhere else just because we couldn't wait for him to get fit.
Kevin.jpg

#104 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

you don't sell any stock while it is at low value. David Booth's value is at low right now. Wait for a year ,see what happens. Worst thing that can happen to Canucks is he become another Raymond.

Quite frankly he would wish to have HALF the talent of Raymond imo. Raymond on form makes Booth look like a bad dream. I can't wait for him to be fit. If you need convincing, not that I even care, there are 50+ videos of what a fit Raymond can do on youtube.

By the way none of that even covers how much better Raymond's defensive qualities are compared to Booth's and that is not even debatable.
Kevin.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.