The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Else Here Is Sick Of John Tortorella?

I didn't like him before, so it's safe to say, I wasn't exactly jumping with joy when I heard that we chose him as our coach.

But, as he was becoming the Canuck coach, I decided to try and give him another chance and see if he could become likable. Admittedly, there are some things I do like about him, most notably his straightforwardness.

I'm also looking forward to the day when he blows up after a game against Boston.

I blame the media for all the attention Torts is getting. I don't like him, but I'm sure I would like to play for him. When I played, I actually prefered coaches who would yell. I didn't want someone to be my mother and cradle me.

The reason I blame the media is because they are so focused on this post-game interviews. They all watch that game, can't they come up with some kind of analysis on their own? And why aren't you filming DeBoer's pressers? Go talk to him. Pay attention to him.

You know exactly what you are going to get with Tortorella, and yet you keep complaining or making storylines about his post game press conferences. He is not going to open up, you aren't going to get some sort of marvelous breakthrough.

Does he comes across as a bit of a jerk? Yes. But its the playoffs. He doesn't want to reveal anything.

Also, he has done a wonderful job of taking post-game attention away from his players. Not many people are talking about Callahan's struggles or Dubinsky's poor play. Everyone is talking about how Torts said 'No'. Gee big whoop. Go work on something else reporters! You can't be expecting any different result at this point. Try to find another angle.

i just don't think he's a good coach. what good coach would make your star players block shots? so if he was coaching pitts, he would get crosby and malkin to block shots? also these guys never or hardly ever blocked shots before so that is more dangerous. any shot can cause an injury. so it's better to block shots and win 1 game and then lose a star player for weeks or months? makes no sense. if kelser or sedins or anyone blocks a shot and gets seriously hurt, you know who to thank.

The man could answer every media question by taking 10 seconds to load-up a huge loogie and then spit it at the camera and I'd wager we'd all love him if the Canucks make the 3rd round of the playoffs this season.

Edit: Point being, his job is to win hockey games... not the hearts and minds of the people.

Archived