The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Workout Drink

Thanks for the heads up, doctors.

I'm 220 pounds. I should be getting 220 grams of protein per day for my strength training.

I do not have the time or money to invest to make sure im eating this much per day. Protein shakes are a good, quick way to make up for what I can't eat in food.

Totally agree. So many people try to make things so complicated now. The fact is companies are just trying to sell something by marketing it in a different way. The basic formula has been the same since the beggining of time. There were ripped people before protein shakes after all...

If you work out hard and eat well, especially after a workout, you'll be fine. Meat, Dairy, Fruit, Nuts, and Whole Grains. These are the staples for a healthy fit body. Save your money and invest it in healthy meals.

Isolate whey protein is by far the best after work out drink ever. Screw Protein shakes, those are reserved for mass body builders, and, i'm not kidding, I am guy that works out to get muscle, but we are nowhere near the elites of a body builder, don't waste your money on "protein shakes" Isolate Whey is the best, Chocoloate milk is one of the most underrated post work out drinks, but I like Whey protein because it provides more protein for me.

But to be honest, with all the post work out drinks I ever used......

http://shopca.myvega.com/sequel-estore/Performance/vega_sport_performance_protein_tub_chocolate_can

this one is the best. Love it to death. Will buy more but only IN Victoria cause Vancouver is overpriced.

I use MusclePharm's recovery drink. Forget protein powder, forget chocolate milk, you need to get your amino acids, bcaa's, and other minerals and nutrients in your body right after a work out. I'm not saying MusclePharm is the only company with a great post workout recovery drink, but recovery drink's will benefit you more.

I've decided to take a protein shake (1.5 scoops) right after workout but later on the day if I don't get enough protein, I'll take a glass of chocolate milk before bed as I heard they give you protein but slowly so at night would be good. Also taking a cup of chocolate milk on off days.

I've decided to take a protein shake (1.5 scoops) right after workout but later on the day if I don't get enough protein, I'll take a glass of chocolate milk before bed as I heard they give you protein but slowly so at night would be good. Also taking a cup of chocolate milk on off days.

I'm a cyclist so my recovery might be designed a bit differently. I have a drink that is for before and right after and maybe in the evening if I am riding the next day, in which case I do it all again.

3 scoops protein isolate - the one that I use also has 88 grams of carbs, allot of amino's and like 40% of my daily calcium.

10 grams of a tri-glutamine complex - this stuff makes you a recovery machine.

10 grams of creatine - can( may ) improve your performance intensity levels

2 grams of electrolyte replacement - 4-5 hours...hot days....lots of sweating...you get the point.

I'm doing 100-120 kms. road rides on Saturdays

I'm doing 60-80 kms. off road rides on Sundays

Tuesdays and Thursdays get either or, maybe a little shorter.

Chocolate milk is good but not enough.Ive been working on my recovery for many years and this works fantastic for me. I can ride 150 or so kms on the weekend and wake up Monday feeling great. Also, timing is everything. If your timing is off, you are waisting the stuff.

Archived