The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Or Jensen

Southpop45

238 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes draft position doesn't indicate how well each player pans out.

But it is a pretty consistent indicator of their value during their draft year (remember were comparing 19 year old kids).

At this point in time Couturier is significantly better than Jensen, and I really don't think you can quantitatively prove otherwise.

Also argument that Couturier could be a bust is extremely flawed. Don't you think there is a significantly higher chance Jensen becomes a bust than Couturier?

Couturier was on the Flyers FIRST PK UNIT....does that sound like something Jensen is ready for?

Also "We're in the big leagues now so past accomplishments mean nothing."

No, Couturier is in the big leagues....me, you and Jensen are not.

1) he's physically ready (could be a little heavier, but 186 is no slouch)

2) he's had an amazing pre-season.

3) he's an upgrade from Raymond

4) he's a power forward

5) he has something like 6 goals in 8 games with the wolves.

6) he's young, and this team need a bit of youth if you ask me. Younger players tend to take more risks and go all out whereas vets over abuse the "dump-and-chase". Face it, the canucks are too predictable and have been scouted to death.

1) So are a lot of players who aren't in the NHL

2) He looked good in the pre-season, I will agree.

3) Again this is subjective... any sort of quantitative evidence to back this claim?

4) Don't know why that really has any impact...its like saying Connautons an offensive d-man

5) Its a pretty small sample size don't you think?

6) Youth doesn't earn you a spot on a team, ability does. Do you think AV wants a rookie going "all out" and selling out on playing

the systems he implements? Don't you think thats a recipe to get stapled to the bench/exposed on ice?

If the Canucks are "scouted" and "predictable" doesn't that speak of coaching and not the players?

1) I agree, but you're asking me why I think he's ready, so I think the first thing you have to ask yourself is whether or not he's physically ready. He is, so you can check that off the list.

2) Glad we agree on something.

3) No evidence but thats like saying I have no evidence to prove that the world will not end tomorrow. I may not have evidence but I have strong reason to believe the world will not end tomorrow.

4) We need another power forward.

5) Maybe, but it seems to me that every opportunity he's been given, he's shined so I think that warrants him at least 9 games don't you? Probably should have mentioned his outstanding play for team Denmark considering he had no superstar linemates.

6) I don't think AV wants a rookie period but I can dream.

He's not able to play in the AHL next season since he's not 20.

Which is why, if the coaches feel that he's close they're more likely to keep him up in the bigs then send him down to juniors where he wouldn't be challenged at all.

Close isn't good enough. If he starts to struggle what then?. Develop him in the press box? Nope, he has to be head and shoulders above others to win a spot because it's a gamble to keep him here. Odds are he'll be back in junior for another year. We are not a desperate for talent bottom feeder. There's simply no big rush for prospects here.

Exactly.

People seem to think that we should put him into the lineup, but really is he an improvement over anyone on this roster in the top 9?

If he is coming in and he is going to put up 20 points in a season isn't it just better to keep Raymond/Weise and let Jensen develop in the OHL for another year?

Archived