The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu's Bye Bye

Erik Karlsson

In the text, TVA quotes him as saying,

"C'est ce qu'il désire présentement."

That's what I hear. AV has a super strong accent and I trust TVA's french comprehension above my own.

Someone else provided this translation. It's not good. The first word--mais--doesn't exist in the statement. That's not what he said.

“”Mais si ce que lui presentment desire nous ce qu’on droit faire, ce qui est mieux pour notre organization…”

Thats what I can make out of the clip, he talks fast so its tough for me. Basically, he says “but if thats whats he currently wants, then what we must do is whats best for the organization."

What could be correct, however is the word "si" which means "if". C'est and si are hard to distinguish sometimes. I think he said "

"C'est ce qu'il désire présentement." The difference of meaning is huge. Yet

it's too hard to be certain.

Oh man. So maybe he really did mess up.

Come on AV. I figured if he did say it, it was by design to try and create a market for Luongo this summer.

Like someone else said though, I heard him say "si" which means "if". Opposed to some people who seem to hear "c'est", which means "this is".

Damn french is confusing. Even a guy who speaks it screwed it up. :lol:

I'm confused. Is now the time to start ripping for wanting to leave, rather than just ripping him for his shoddy play?

The Canucks should just make an official announcement on when is the right time to chastise a player for 'not wanting to stay.'

Meanwhile we can still rip the Canucks themselves for botching this situation. Or not. I'm confused. Bloody french.

TOML

Firstly, I bet AV denies saying this, and I might even believe him.

Second, Is this really privileged information? Luongo is a proud guy who is still an elite goaltender. AV sat him out in many big games this year. In Boston, in Chicago etc. Then he loses his starting job in the first round. He gets crapped on for the littlest things. Wouldn't you want out? He can go somewhere else and be a hero to the fan base like he was here for the first 3-4 years.

Kind of obvious isn't it?

I'm confused.  Is now the time to start ripping for wanting to leave, rather than just ripping him for his shoddy play?

The Canucks should just make an official announcement on when is the right time to chastise a player for 'not wanting to stay.'

Meanwhile we can still rip the Canucks themselves for botching this situation.  Or not.  I'm confused.  Bloody french.

TOML

I would rather keep Luo any day of the week.

Added to the Gillis -and now AV- created nightmare is the fact Gillis cannot be seen to be in a compromised position.

Yet,he is.

Let the lowballing begin.

Great job,this Luongo handling from game 4 on.

Archived