The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 10 Off-Season Targets

Never win a cup ever until we have 2 of the following things, Elite top 4 RW, #1 d-man, a 3rd line center better than the oppositions 3rd line center. 4th line is very weak too and needs an Asham or Moen, some guys that can actually play in important games. In case you all haven't noticed the teams that win cups have all these things plus there 3rd lines are most teams 2nd lines and their 4ths would be most teams 3rds..

Since you can't trade for #1 D and Suter wants to play in the states I'm crossing that off and hoping for Schultz and revamped D with some trades (to be honest i'd keep Hammer, Eddy, tanev, beg Salo to play 1 more season and ship out the rest while we can ), i'm also on board with Gaustad or someone similar for the 3rd line, and Bobby Ryan is my desire for top 4 RW.

You don't think any of his struggles had to do with the Leafs horrid goaltending, their hit-everything all-the-time mentality, or Ron Wilson's coaching? I live in Montreal. I've seen the guy play. He's 22 and the Leafs have an uncanny ability to bring out the worst in their players. They played an offensive style before Carlyle came in that made a few forwards look good and that left their D and goaltending out to dry. Schenn and Komisarek and much better players than they've shown. They just need a solid structure around them, IMO.

only need a top five of somewhat realistic options

1. Weber-obviously

2. Justin Shultz- seems like a sick player with everything ive read about him

3. Dennis Wideman- solid dman, puts up points

4. David Jones- mayray replacement, bc born, big

5. Garrison? - maybe

realistic, everything after 4 is a cumuculatively harder/extremely unlikely signing. we need d and we need a fourth line those 2 are the most important

1. cory sarich

2. brandon prust

3. konopka

4. allen

5. moen

6. shultz

7. garisson

8. wideman

9. suter

10. parise

Signings:

Gaustad (2.5 million)

Schultz (3 million)

Garrison (1 million)

Trades:

Luongo, Raymond, Malhotra for E. Kane (4 million)

D. SEDIN H. SEDIN BURROWS

E. KANE KESLER BOOTH

HIGGINS GAUSTAD KASSIAN

HANSEN LAPIERRE BITZ

EDLER SCHULTZ

BIEKSA HAMHUIS

GARRISON BALLARD

SCHNEIDER

LACK

EXTRAS: SALO, TANEV, ALBERTS, CONNAUTON, SCHROEDER, GRAGNANI

Hedman and Malone as a return for Luongo + ??? would be epic. Then sign Shultz as a FA and its money in the bank. After we win the cup next year then its easy pickings for Shea Weber as he'll want in on this dynasty.

I'm with you! I really don't understand why Booth has gotten such a bad rep among fans and the media. I'd put money down he scores 30 goals next year. He's fast, drives the net hard, has a nice touch around the net, and an amazing attitude.

The only trouble is that Kesler and Booth play such similar games on attack that it doesn't make for a terrific combo. Until you put a pass-first playmaker on the line. Neither Kesler nor Booth have tremendous vision or passing instincts, but I'm sure Gillis knows it and is considering who would complement their styles well.

Not sure if Schroeder is ready yet, but he's an extremely gifted playmaker. Really looking forward to seeing his 2-3 month trial centring the second line if he seizes the opportunity.

Archived