Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Luongo meeting in TO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 jiffyjc12

jiffyjc12

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

According to a tweet from @samjam99 it looks as though Roberto met with maple leaf medical staff in a hotel in Toronto.

Don't know how much stock to put in this kid. But where there be smoke...
"if you aren't trying to cheat you aren't trying to win"

Jyrki Lumme

#2 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

According to a tweet from @samjam99 it looks as though Roberto met with maple leaf medical staff in a hotel in Toronto.

Hopefully they didn't give him the rubber glove for nothing.

#3 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Honestly, at this point, if Luongo gets traded, then he gets traded, and he doesn't get traded, then he doesn't. I'm leaving this all in the hands of MG, and I wish Luongo the best of success whether it's here in Vancouver or anywhere else in the league.

<3 Luuuu forever! :wub:

3Goktj2.jpg

#4 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,901 posts

kid is hit and miss, If true, i'm curious as to what MG would want from t-dot in return though.

#5 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

According to Samjam99, we acquired Corey Perry at the last trade deadline.

Edited by Rey, 03 June 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#6 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

Lol , sounds like a reliable source

#7 smackyo23

smackyo23

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

True but he also reported the Kassian/Hodgson trade with very accurate detail before any news organization was on it.
Posted Image

#8 Deep

Deep

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

Was it not Kanuck25 that predicted the Correy Perry trade that never happened

#9 -canuckslife-

-canuckslife-

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

True but he also reported the Kassian/Hodgson trade with very accurate detail before any news organization was on it.

is there any proof of this?
Posted Image

#10 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,501 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

I'll take Samjam's word over Gillis'.

#11 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

He also got the Pahlsson and Kassian deals right. For all we know, a Perry deal fell through. This kid has sources though.

vykJJ.jpgk5COD.jpgxd8CQ.jpg

#12 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

Was it not Kanuck25 that predicted the Correy Perry trade that never happened

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1072041

#13 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

He also got the Pahlsson and Kassian deals right. For all we know, a Perry deal fell through. This kid has sources though.

If you consider him getting Pahlsson deal right, then does mine not count? I said the Canucks should get Pahlsson a week before it happen. Do i get credibility?

Proof? It's on my status on this account.

Regardless, people are too gullible. There's lots of sources on the web that post before TSN.

Edited by Rey, 04 June 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#14 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

To this no one remembers sam jam reporting these trades before it actually happened. It's just a bunch of other people saying "SamJam got the Booth and Kassian trades correct." When infact it's just recently I heard of this samjam99. Why is everyone all of a sudden believing this? Are you guys that gulible? Did ANY OF you even remember a sam jam 99 reporting the booth trade with 3 minutes 5 minutes left in the minnesota game? (If you guys remember corretlly this trade was anounced by MIke Gillis after the game. Someone said it was reported 10 minutes before Mike Gillis reported it right? So 10 minutes before that, I would say it was 5 minutes left in the 3rd? Correct? But I don't recall any tweets of this being reported, and find it B.S, and also b.s everyone is believin this! No one has still come up and said, "I remember samjam99 reporting such trade. before it was officially reported.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#15 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

If you consider him getting Pahlsson deal right, then does mine not count? I said the Canucks should get Pahlsson a week before it happen. Do i get credibility?

Proof? It's on my status on this account.

Regardless, people are too gullible. There's lots of sources on the web that post before TSN.

There's a difference between announcing a trade, and saying who the Canucks should get.

#16 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,651 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

Players don't undergo physicals until after they have been traded.

He hasn't been traded, so there was no meeting. BS.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#17 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

To this no one remembers sam jam reporting these trades before it actually happened. It's just a bunch of other people saying "SamJam got the Booth and Kassian trades correct." When infact it's just recently I heard of this samjam99. Why is everyone all of a sudden believing this? Are you guys that gulible? Did ANY OF you even remember a sam jam 99 reporting the booth trade with 3 minutes 5 minutes left in the minnesota game? (If you guys remember corretlly this trade was anounced by MIke Gillis after the game. Someone said it was reported 10 minutes before Mike Gillis reported it right? So 10 minutes before that, I would say it was 5 minutes left in the 3rd? Correct? But I don't recall any tweets of this being reported, and find it B.S, and also b.s everyone is believin this! No one has still come up and said, "I remember samjam99 reporting such trade. before it was officially reported.

People believe it because Samjam99 was picked up by a no name site, and people think he's backed up.

http://www.vancitybu...o-to-the-leafs/

#18 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Then again, there is ALWAYS suspicion, especially after the Dallas Dave controversy.

#19 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

Then again, there is ALWAYS suspicion, especially after the Dallas Dave controversy.

If people look hard enough, they may be able to find a legit source. Samjam99 just post everything he reads, just like Eklund does. When the hockey sites were really picking up steam a few years ago with hockeybuzz was just starting. There were at least 3-6 other sites, with people, who actually had a source that picked up trades before anyone. The only problem is that you have to do all the work, just to get a trade 10 minutes before TSN reports it. Woo pity doo. You win Internet fames. Good for you

It's gotten to SamJam99's head, to the point where he now put out his real name. He, like most of these guys, will fall face first on the floor. Every year, it's a new guy.

I remember, before Eklund. There was a guy, who had a wife that worked in the NHL office, and he would get all his trades ahead of everyone else. Now that guy was a legit, too bad they caught his wife and fired her. The guy was never seen again.

Edited by Rey, 04 June 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#20 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

If people look hard enough, they may be able to find a legit source. Samjam99 just post everything he reads, just like Eklund does. When the hockey sites were really picking up steam a few years ago with hockeybuzz was just starting. There were at least 3-6 other sites, with people, who actually had a source that picked up trades before anyone. The only problem is that you have to do all the work, just to get a trade 10 minutes before TSN reports it. Woo pity doo. You win Internet fames. Good for you

It's gotten to SamJam99's head, to the point where he now put out his real name.

I heard he reported those trades like 30 mins before, but oh well. If he's wrong, there's no doubt in my mind people will be spamming him, raging at him etc. Since his name is out, and everyone knows, he better hope he's right. :lol:

#21 sedinaliens2233

sedinaliens2233

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

Sam Jam is a freaking tool. He is a nobody that makes stuff up. I can do that too! My inside sources have the Canucks in a three way deal where the Canucks get the 1st overall pick. In a seperate deal, Canucks aquire Rick Nash. Details to follow....

#22 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

I heard he reported those trades like 30 mins before, but oh well. If he's wrong, there's no doubt in my mind people will be spamming him, raging at him etc. Since his name is out, and everyone knows, he better hope he's right. :lol:

He should actually hope he's wrong because if he gets it right. people will have expectations about the guy and he'll fall even harder next time. Cause everyone is use to him posting every thing he hears, people just think he's a goof trying to get attention. That's basically the general rep on the guy. He's a joke on hf.

Edited by Rey, 04 June 2012 - 12:38 AM.

#23 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

I don't believe it at all, this would be all over TSN, come on Luongo meeting with the Leafs medical staff in Toronto?... Toronto media would be on this so fast.

#24 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

He should actually hope he's wrong because if he gets it right. people will have expectations about the guy and he'll fall even harder next time. Cause everyone is use to him posting every thing he hears, people just think he's a goof trying to get attention. That's basically the general rep on the guy. He's a joke on hf.

Either way, it has it's pros/cons.

#25 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

People believe it because Samjam99 was picked up by a no name site, and people think he's backed up.

http://www.vancitybu...o-to-the-leafs/

People is believing it because many other sites have said

SamJam got this 2 trades right! So he has to be right! Let me post that, as a back up so I dont like an idiot.

Again! No one, and I mean no one, in this forum and even our brothers from HFboards, have come up and said,

yup... I recall hearing this trade before it was announced.

BS.

b.s. Samjame is trying to draw in the subscribers.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#26 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,408 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

Sorry but SamJam is not a credible source

And a few Luongo to TO proposals are floating around
http://forum.canucks...ngo-to-toronto/
http://forum.canucks...onto-tampa-bay/
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#27 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,276 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

I don't believe it at all, this would be all over TSN, come on Luongo meeting with the Leafs medical staff in Toronto?... Toronto media would be on this so fast.

Well Luongo was reported at a hotel (if true, I do not know), however I don't think the TO media is camped out at hotels hoping Luongo shows. :lol:

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.