UMB

Forgot to post this last night:

1:00am-1:30am Athletics – Men’s Decathlon: 110 m hurdles

1:55am-4:00am Athletics – Men’s Decathlon: discus

2:00am-3:30am Diving – Women’s Platform: semi-final

2:08am-2:30am Canoe Sprint – Women’s K1 500 m: B final

4:00am-7:00am Swimming – Women’s Marathon 10 km: race, final

4:55am-7:00am Athletics – Men’s Decathlon: pole vault

5:00am-7:00am Football – Women’s bronze medal match (CAN vs. FRA)

5:14am-5:45am Freestyle Wrestling – Women’s 55 kg: 1/8 final [Verbeek (CAN) vs. Geeta (IND)]

5:42am-6:15am Freestyle Wrestling – Women’s 72 kg: 1/8 final [Callahan (CAN) vs. Ochirbat (MGL)]

6:50am-7:50am Rhythmic Gymnastics – Women’s Group All-Around: qualification, rotation 1

7:00am-7:45am Synchronized Swimming – Women’s Team: technical routine

7:00am-9:00am BMX – Men’s: quarter-finals

10:30am-12:30pm Athletics – Men’s Decathlon: javelin throw

11:00am-12:00pm Diving – Women's Platform: final

11:30am-12:00pm Athletics – Women’s 800 m: semi-finals

1:00pm-2:10pm Athletics – Women’s Javelin Throw: final

1:20pm-1:45pm Athletics – Men’s Decathlon: 1500 m, final

Both of Canada's platform divers made the final :towel:

I'm pretty sure I was dehydrated for all 17 days of the Vancouver Olympics. Couldn't believe how I was crying over sports like skeleton that I knew nothing about.

And yesterday I got teary over Carol Huynh's bronze medal. Had to find a rule book to fully understand the whole "blue balls" thing but was emotional nonetheless. Guess that's the beauty of sport - you don't need to know it, u just gotta love it!

I'm pretty sure I was dehydrated for all 17 days of the Vancouver Olympics. Couldn't believe how I was crying over sports like skeleton that I knew nothing about.

And yesterday I got teary over Carol Huynh's bronze medal. Had to find a rule book to full understand the whole "blue balls" thing but was emotional nonetheless. Guess that's the beauty of sport - you don't need to know it, u just gotta love it!

i definitely cried at the end of the 2010 Olympics while watching Mark Donnelly singing O Canada while they played highlights from the games. That was such a memorable 2 weeks.

And this pic makes me teary eyed:

tumblr_m8hs9lHrtG1r3kurbo1_500.jpg

So Verbeek with a chance to get Canada's second gold.. but she is against a very tough opponent.

Here is what wiki says:

Saori Yoshida (吉田 沙保里 Yoshida Saori?, born October 5, 1982 in Tsu, Mie, Japan) is a wrestler who won the gold medal in the Women's Freestyle 55 kg at both the 2004 Summer Olympics and the 2008 Summer Olympics.

Since her debut in 2002, she has won every world- and international-level tournament she has entered. In September 2006, she surpassed a 100-match winning streak.

Until January 20th, 2008, Yoshida had never lost an international match at the Senior level and held a streak of 119 consecutive victories, when American Marcie Van Dusen defeated her, 2–0 during the Team World Cup series in Beijing, China.

Yoshida's 58-match win streak was snapped on 27 May 2012, when she lost to Russian Valeria Zholobova at the World Cup in Tokyo

Archived