The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Mason Raymond Should Be Qualified

Kack Zassian

The problem with Raymond too is the last memory of him is trying to throw a check on Kopitar (who's 40 pounds heavier) when he could have just skated and got the puck :picard:

I wish Raymond the best and hope he has a rebound year but he doesnt have a spot on this team anymore.

After seeing that Jones signing I'm pretty much resigned to MG not acquiring any notable UFAs this summer. He might do a moneypuck thing out of left field but it won't be a popular name.

Hoping the Luango deal brings in at least one roster player and a prospect. Had enough of Raymond and would rather live with some rookie's mistakes.

I have to believe Gillis is going to get us a true top 6 winger which makes this convo pointless, but even if that doesn't happen we already have a logjam of 3rd liners... no reason to qualify the absolute worst of them. We have better options from within, and if Gillis can't make a move to upgrade raymond we made a huge mistake bringing him here.

After seeing that Jones signing I'm pretty much resigned to MG not acquiring any notable UFAs this summer. He might do a moneypuck thing out of left field but it won't be a popular name.

Hoping the Luango deal brings in at least one roster player and a prospect. Had enough of Raymond and would rather live with some rookie's mistakes.

I'm willing to wash the last year away due to the injury, the year before he wasnt bad he was mediocre, and the year before that he was great.

I'm willing to send him 2m his way for 1 year, we saw a line of Grabner, Kesler, and Raymond work out because of their speed and scoring ability. Booth/Kesler/Raymond line should have a similar result. I'd be hoping for that kind of result once more.

26 year old, canadian canuck for life, surrrre 1 more chance!

flame away CDC, flame away.

I have to believe Gillis is going to get us a true top 6 winger which makes this convo pointless, but even if that doesn't happen we already have a logjam of 3rd liners... no reason to qualify the absolute worst of them. We have better options from within, and if Gillis can't make a move to upgrade raymond we made a huge mistake bringing him here.

imo, gillis signs raymond and only moves him when someone else can take his spot....raymond on the third line, with hansen and a center makes a good checking line....raymond is very good defensively and if he can regain his offensive skills, he'll prove his signing as being worthy.....

Raymond should play on the 3rd line until he earns another chance on the 2nd by producing some offence. He is an effective fore checker anyways because of his speed so I don't have a problem with him staying on the team with that role.

I just don't want to see AV giving him a bunch of ice time on the 2nd again without earning it. This guy has been given enough chances already over the years.

I'd only like him as a skilled player on the 4th line, but he's not physical enough for that role, so it would be going another direction to have him play that role. I'd probably only take him at the 1-1.5M range.

I wouldn't exactly say we have a logjam of wingers at this moment...for lines 2-3 theres Booth, Higgins, Hansen, and _______.

I would disagree that we have better options from within... none of our prospects really scream "roster lock" to me by any means.

Hopefully MG can upgrade via trade but at this point there aren't a lot of options.

There is a huge difference between Raymond and Jones.

Jones actually stays on his skates, can fight, is bigger, stronger,

and could actually be useful on a 3rd line if need be.

With Raymond, there is no beginning to his talents.

The only line he SHOULD be should on is a chorus line.

Archived