The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo rightful goalie of the Vancouver Canucks

timmylu1

What do you guys think ? Is cory Schneider is better than Luongo . Nope he played only few games . And played 4 games in playoff run . This is hockey . Not a street hockey with friends . Yes he is younger than Luongo . And he played well and I agree with that . Luongo's game is better than schnieder's game when he was came in Canucks . Did ou guys forgot 2006-07 season . Who can give guarntee for schnieder he can do same until he 32-33 yr old ? No body

If we keep schnieder . Who give guarantee for Stanley cup . No body can guarantee for that . beause it's team work not only up to goalie . For example L.A won a cup . It's team work . They played well front of jona quick . Their defenseman played well front of him . That's why they got be a Stanley cup champion .

we dont need to tlk about on goalies issues .whtever luongo or schnieder . We need to do better in playoff run . Not only in regular season . There is so many issues for playoff run . If we want stanley cup next year We need to do hard work on penalty kill , replaces goals on every single power play . We are fine with 5 on 5.

So yah one more time . Goalies is not issue for our Canucks team . Luongo or schnieder :)

"Elimination games" work both ways. Last year, we played 9 games where we could eliminate our opponent, and won 3 of them. These games require extra mental fortitude as well.

Luongo's stats in those 9 games: 3.41 GAA, .884 Save%

Perhaps if we finished off Chicago earlier, we would have had enough left in the tank to finish off Boston. But the boys were completely spent.

This is another one of my favorites

So what are you trying to say here?

Teams will give up more for Cory? How can that be?

He is unproven and not even close to Luongo's elite level. And Luongo's contract is such a good deal!!

GM's will give more for schnieder because he is worth more, and you said it

Hahaha

"Elimination games" work both ways. Last year, we played 9 games where we could eliminate our opponent, and won 3 of them. These games require extra mental fortitude as well.

Perhaps if we finished off Chicago earlier, we would have had enough left in the tank to finish off Boston. But the boys were completely spent.

Haha, seriously you want to talk about Olympic ok Luongo played well there. But what about when he is playing the in NHL with the Canucks where they are eliminations games Luongo hardly gives the Canucks a save. Besides the hawks series 2 years ago where he made a save in OT, every other elimation game has been painful to watch. In 4 elimation games how many goals has his given up? I would do quick math for you. In 4 eliminations games (Anahiem, Chicago times 2 and Boston) Luongo has let in 19 goals. That is not even heard of. I don't want to sound Anti Luongo but he doesn't have a good track record at all in the playoffs. I believe it is time to start fresh with Schnieder and see where he can take the Canucks.

What do you think he is on the cusp of doing exactly? I dont think it's winning the Stanley cup, which is the only thing that matters anymore. Yes, Luongo has helped this team along greatly over the past number of years but he's proven that the playoffs do not agree with him. Three straight years of meltdowns against Chicago and Boston are a testament to that.

Well let me ask you this: would you rather have great goalies like Ron Hextall or Curtis Joseph in net for you, or Chris Osgood?

My point is obvious... stats on paper do not matter, clutch playoff performances do ie. Quick, Thomas, Ward, Brodeur, Roy etc. I think it is time for some Canuck fans to take their blinders off (along with their "I'm a true Canuck fan because I stick behind Roberto!") and realize that he is not a clutch performer, hasn't been since he ever stepped foot in a big game crease, and possibly never will be. Schneider is simply a younger, faster, more athletic and level headed goalie. It is time for Nuck Nation to move on from the roller coaster that is Roberto Luongo... unfortunately might I add.

Dream on cmpunk !! Wish uopon a star, but it ain;t going to happen here !! Lou is nowhere as good as Schneider is now !! Lou himself, has said that Schneider will be a star in this league for years to come, the team went with Schneids after Lou faltered against LA. What part of this don;t you get? Wake up man...the writings on the walll !!

I'm 99% certain that the people who still want Luongo around are the people who purchased Luongo jersey's and want to keep them relevant. I don't see how anyone would not want a fresh start in net with a young, stud goalie that's been coming up through our system.

Maybe because when he played at the olympics he had a stack full team of defense who knows how to play defense, and when he played in the playoffs especially this year he had NO DEFENSE, a goalie can only keep a team in it long enough. When your D blows so bad, that they allow breakaway after breakaway, and turn over after turn over, and odd man chances 2 on 1's time and time again, YOU CAN NOT BLAME YOUR GOALIE PERIOD.

Also the elimination games you speak of with the goals that Lu allowed, how many goals did Vancouver actually score? Well I just checked and besides the Chicago one where they scored 5 which is pretty much the only good argument one, the other game was 0 the other 2 games were 1 goal, you can't win if your only putting up 1 or 0 goals.

Am I the only one who realizes that the reason why our offense doesn't score a lot of goals in the playoffs is because the playoffs are a time for low scoring games, as goalies play better and make clutch saves, that is unless your name is Roberto Luongo...

just saying :bigblush:

p.s

blinders off people!!!

Am I the only one who realizes that the reason why our offense doesn't score a lot of goals in the playoffs is because the playoffs are a time for low scoring games, as goalies play better and make clutch saves, that is unless your name is Roberto Luongo...

just saying :bigblush:

p.s

blinders off people!!!

Archived