Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herberts Vasiljevs

Pierre McGuire not so wrong!

73 posts in this topic

Did you really just compare Schnieder to Raycroft? Really?

WOW....GO LUBBA DA LOU SOME MORAH!

Draft the best player available, not according to positional needs.

Raycroft is a backup goaltender and a former 5th round pick. I have no idea why we're comparing Schneider to him. Steve Mason was rushed as a rookie and was facing huge expectations upon his standout rookie season. Plus he has a horrible team in front of him. Schneider was a 1st round pick, he's been developed properly, and he's just entering his prime. We also have Eddie Lack. We need to strengthen our prospect pool in every area except for goaltending. There's not 1 area that I see we have stacked talent.

Regardless of the depth of young goaltenders the Canucks have in Schneider; Lack, Cannata, Honzik - Subban may not be a bad pick if available when the Canucks pick. If the skater/s they want aren't available it is not unthinkable - particularly when the market for goaltenders is probably the slimmest - and the most volatile position. He could be a valuable trade chip even if they don't necessarily intend to develop him.

LOL....we have Lack, Cannata and Honzik all in the system and you say we need another, come on man, there are more significant needs to fill in the draft than another goaltender.

Did you really just compare Schnieder to Raycroft? Really?

WOW....GO LUBBA DA LOU SOME MORAH!

Oh and PS, Umm I think Pierre doesn't really think very deeply.

We have Schnieder who is staying and 26

Lack ready or a year away

Cannata ready to develop

Why add Souban? Don't think so Pierre, a little stupid/lack of analysis when the canucks are not deep up front in their system or on defense, goaltending is actually the only place we have strength.

Scott Laughton will be taken before any goalie is by Vancouver. Expect him or Samuellson if they are available.

While people say that people have Lack and so and so. This isn't a good reason not to draft a goaltender. Goaltenders generally take longer to develop, by the time goalie has ready, it'll be about 3-5 years down the road. Back in 99, people thought for sure, we had 3 quality goaltenders in Auld, Vincent, and another guy i can't quite remember. Auld was the only one that turned into anything. The other two didn't come close.

Problem is it's Subban. Sure, we hear that he's a bit more mature than his brother, but you can clearly judge by his interviews that they both have the same competitiveness. I doubt, he'll have the patience of a Schneider to wait his turn. Subban could very well be the next Ray Emery, which is more a helll more likely than being that other nutjob in Patty Roy.

I think, with the experience with Luongo that the organization would rather not have a high emotional goaltender.

On a side note, I actually like Pierre McGuire. I think he really knows his stuff and provides very realistic opinions. I find myself disagreeing with Button a lot though.

If you actually read the post you would of noticed it said WHAT IF Schneider turns into a Raycroft or Mason.

Sorry folks, Eddie Lack! I had completely forgotten about him. I still do stand by my thoughts on Malcolm Subban though; I think he could be an outstanding pick for the Canucks!

While people say that people have Lack and so and so. This isn't a good reason not to draft a goaltender. Goaltenders generally take longer to develop, by the time goalie has ready, it'll be about 3-5 years down the road. Back in 99, people thought for sure, we had 3 quality goaltenders in Auld, Vincent, and another guy i can't quite remember. Auld was the only one that turned into anything. The other two didn't come close.

Problem is it's Subban. Sure, we hear that he's a bit more mature than his brother, but you can clearly judge by his interviews that they both have the same competitiveness. I doubt, he'll have the patience of a Schneider to wait his turn. Subban could very well be the next Ray Emery, which is more a helll more likely than being that other nutjob in Patty Roy.

I think, with the experience with Luongo that the organization would rather not have a high emotional goaltender.

On a side note, I actually like Pierre McGuire. I think he really knows his stuff and provides very realistic opinions. I find myself disagreeing with Button a lot though.

I don't mind McGuire - I think he at least tries to be impartial / neutral and put the information first - for alot of guys that seems to come behind their egos and their axes to grind...