The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Well, I for one liked that deadline rush, haha. We managed to pull off that elusive last minute third trade of the day and I tell you, I feel ike I was a buyer today, not a seller. We moved out salary, we gained at some positions, and put together a compete level that was not here a month ago. I will have my presser tomorrow, but thank you to the three folks that traded with me today, and the three that traded with me these past two weeks, totalling I think six trades to retool the New York Rangers in a 'standing rebuild'. I am finished that rebuild now and don't have to burn a season. Neat.

Minnesota did not manage to get any further deals done despite a busy evening of working the phones and hammering out potential deals all over the place. While we did not manage to add we also feel comfortable that in the process we also did not subtract the valuable pieces that were being requested from us in most deals.

The deadline day was hectic but really fun. Thanks guys for all the lively discussions.....:)

With the deal late last night include, the Lightning have made 4 deals involving trading 4 roster players, 3 prospects, and a draft pick in return for 2 roster players, 2 prospects and 3 picks.

Overall, a big shift in the philosophy of the team with many familiar faces being moved.

Archived