The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Nice to see Backes get goals in back to back games, nearly doubling his total all year. Burmi also with points in back to back games, going to need everyone to step up with Neal out what looks to be long term.

Montreal is very pleased to see that F Erik Haula has signed an ELC with the Minnesota Wild, and will report to the Houston Aeros for the remained of the season as they head towards the playoffs in the AHL. The Habs are very high on Erik, who was a name that other GM's asked about quite often prior to the trade deadline, and are excited to see what he can do in the pros.

standingsEastern.png...........standingsWestern.png

......EASTERN.....................WESTERN....

small.png - 2598 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2629

small.png - 2539 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2343

small.png - 2511 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2343

small.png - 2583 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2267

small.png - 2497 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2088

small.png - 2471 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2093

small.png - 2387 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2017

small.png - 2386 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2003

---------------------------------------------------

2ef5pn7.jpg - 2335 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2002

small.png - 2227 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1986

small.png - 2214 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1891

small.png - 2112 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1816

small.png - 2088 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1760

small.png - 2014 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1723

small.png - 1171 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1537

Seems I'm firmly entrenched (at the moment anyways) in 4th place in the West, but having trouble catching Vancouver for the division lead. Hopefully my guys have a strong finish. And they might get some help for the final push...

Ryan Kesler nearing return to the lineup

Among the Vancouver Canucks who went through optional morning skate Saturday was centre Ryan Kesler.

He’s missed the past 18 games with a broken bone in his foot. There’s no timeline on when he might be back.

“Obviously being out there you want to play tonight but that’s not realistic,” Kesler said. “I am itching, I am itching big time. It’s been a tough year for me but everything happens for a reason. My goal is to get some games in before playoffs and feel good about my game heading into playoffs.”

Kesler also skated on his own before the practice. Associate coach Rick Bowness said that he’ll skate again Sunday and Monday, but he, too, didn’t divulge any estimated time of return to the line-up.

“It’s obviously good to see him on the ice and out there with his teammates,” he said.

Kesler missed the first 12 games of the season recovering from shoulder and wrist surgeries. He has one goal and five points in seven games this year, and is averaging 19 minutes, 17 seconds of ice per contest, which is second on the team among forwards, after the 19:56 put up by Henrik Sedin.

His absence is particularly noticeable on the power play, which is 28th in the league (13.1 per cent) after being fourth last season (19.8 per cent), and on face-offs, where the Canucks sit 27th (47.2 per cent) after being third (52.2 per cent) a campaign ago. Manny Malhotra being out also plays a role there, too.

Crosby Update

Captain Sidney Crosby missed a third consecutive game because of a broken jaw.

He continues to show no signs of concussion symptoms, coach Dan Bylsma said before the Penguins played the New York Rangers at Consol Energy Center.

Crosby, who visited teammates and club personnel Thursday, has had surgery to repair his jaw and fix some teeth. Another dental surgery is likely.

There remains no timetable for his return. However, there is optimism within the organization that Crosby could play before the Stanley Cup playoffs if he continues to stave off a post-surgical infection that is common with oral procedures. He was injured last Saturday when a puck hit him in the mouth.

Hey guys, I know updates have been a bit lacking since the trade deadline, I hope to get all caught up today before we leave.

Will be heading to Kamloops tonight and then Vancouver tomorrow for the Canucks game against Phoenix. Probably too optimistic to hope Kesler returns Monday... :lol: So not sure how much time I'll have for updates over the next few days but I'll get all caught up Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll still be able to be reached via PM or text message if you have my cell number.

That will be a fantastic game to check out live! I just have two small things to get fixed and they are not that important:

Bobby Sanguinetti is on my pickuphockey roster twice and Darroll Powe can be removed from my team sheet's 2014 upcoming UFA list.

I guess to make it easy in replacing the duplicate Bobby Sanguinetti I will call up someone waiver free....

That will be a fantastic game to check out live! I just have two small things to get fixed and they are not that important:

Bobby Sanguinetti is on my pickuphockey roster twice and Darroll Powe can be removed from my team sheet's 2014 upcoming UFA list.

I guess to make it easy in replacing the duplicate Bobby Sanguinetti I will call up someone waiver free....

standingsEastern.png...........standingsWestern.png

......EASTERN.....................WESTERN....

small.png - 2598 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2629

small.png - 2539 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2343

small.png - 2511 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2343

small.png - 2583 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2267

small.png - 2497 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2088

small.png - 2471 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2093

small.png - 2387 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2017

small.png - 2386 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2003

---------------------------------------------------

2ef5pn7.jpg - 2335 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 2002

small.png - 2227 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1986

small.png - 2214 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1891

small.png - 2112 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1816

small.png - 2088 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1760

small.png - 2014 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1723

small.png - 1171 . . . . . . . . . . . small.png - 1537

Hey guys, I know updates have been a bit lacking since the trade deadline, I hope to get all caught up today before we leave.

Will be heading to Kamloops tonight and then Vancouver tomorrow for the Canucks game against Phoenix. Probably too optimistic to hope Kesler returns Monday... :lol: So not sure how much time I'll have for updates over the next few days but I'll get all caught up Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll still be able to be reached via PM or text message if you have my cell number.

Archived