The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Time to start thinking of your nominees for the leagues end of year awards.

• Teams can nominate one player from their roster for each award.

• Finalists will be announced 3 days prior to the end of the season.

• Each award will be worth 25 points awarded to each player for each award won.

• The Ted Lindsay Award will be voted on by the leagues GMs via secret ballot (PM to c2x)

• Players cannot be considered for an award if they are not nominated by their team.

• The Art Ross, Rocket Richard and William M Jennings Trophies do not require nominees as they will be awarded after the season ends to the league leaders in those categories (same as NHL leaders).

• In the case of the William M Jennings Trophy, if it is shared by two goaltenders, the goaltenders will receive 25 points each for their team.

We award the following trophies in our game:

Art Ross Trophy - Awarded to the player who leads the league in total points at the end of the regular season.

Rocket Richard Trophy - Awarded to the top goal scorer in the regular season.

William M. Jennings Trophy - Awarded to the goalkeeper(s) having played a minimum of 25 games for the team with the fewest goals scored against it in the regular season.

Hart Trophy - Awarded to the league's most valuable player.

Ted Lindsay Trophy - Awarded to the NHL's outstanding player as selected by the members of the CDCGML.

Lady Byng Trophy - Awarded to the player who exhibited outstanding sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability.

Vezina Trophy - Awarded to the league's top goaltender.

Calder Trophy - Awarded to the league's most outstanding rookie player.

Norris Trophy - Awarded to the defenceman who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position.

Bill Masterton Trophy - Awarded to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey.

Selke Trophy - Awarded to the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game

King Clancy Trophy - Awarded to the player who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice and has made a noteworthy humanitarian contribution in his community.

*************The deadline to get your nominations in is April 25th.*************

Winnipeg Jets Award Nominations

Hart Trophy - Sidney Crosby

Ted Lindsay Trophy - Sidney Crosby

Lady Byng Trophy - Jordan Eberle

Vezina Trophy - Cory Schneider

Calder Trophy - Brendan Gallagher

Norris Trophy - Mark Streit

Bill Masterton Trophy - Sidney Crosby

Selke Trophy - Ryan Kesler

King Clancy Trophy - Cory Schneider

Hart Trophy - Dan Hamhuis

Ted Lindsay Trophy - Dan Hamhuis

Lady Byng Trophy - Dan Hamhuis

Vezina Trophy - Dan Hamhuis (really the closest thing we had to a functioning goalie)

Calder Trophy - Casey Cizikas

Norris Trophy - Dan Hamhuis

Bill Masterton Trophy - Max Pacioretty

Selke Trophy - David Clarkson

King Clancy Trophy - Dan Hamhuis

Hamhuis was the only reason we're still in the position we are, playing incredible down the stretch. Currently top 20 in defensemen scoring (leading Canucks defensemen) and playing top minutes + 1st PK time. Hamhuis was our mvp through and through this year.

I am sure that a team may submit one or no nominees for the awards just as it may submit all of them, right? I mean if you know your guy won't win the Vezina, it is not worth a submission for it, but what if you know your guy could win and you don't submit him? its a weird system imo. The Rangers will submit our nominees in good faith by the deadline. I am just curious about teams battling for playoff spots over nominating and teams battling for draft position under nominating...it can get pretty subjective i guess.

Hart Trophy - PA parenteau

Ted Lindsay Trophy - PA parenteau

Lady Byng Trophy - Loui Eriksson

Vezina Trophy - Mika kiprusoff

Calder Trophy - Nail yakupov

Norris Trophy - Chris Tanev

Bill Masterton Trophy - Josh Harding

Selke Trophy - Mike fisher

King Clancy Trophy - mike fisher ( have the community Carrie underwood)

How are the 3 finalists determined if you don't mind me asking?

The executive group votes via secret ballot to me, from all the nominees. They submit a winner, 1st runner up and 2nd runner up, just as the Ted Lindsay process. From those I award voting points, and the top 3 are the finalists.

I am sure that a team may submit one or no nominees for the awards just as it may submit all of them, right? I mean if you know your guy won't win the Vezina, it is not worth a submission for it, but what if you know your guy could win and you don't submit him? its a weird system imo. The Rangers will submit our nominees in good faith by the deadline. I am just curious about teams battling for playoff spots over nominating and teams battling for draft position under nominating...it can get pretty subjective i guess.

You don't have to nominate anyone if you don't want to.

But a few years ago, I can't remember which award it was.... but it was supposed to be a slam dunk easy choice. But the runaway favourite wasn't nominated, and so somebody else won the award. So just because you might think your player may not win, might as well nominate them anyways, because you never know.

Montreal Canadiens Award Nominations

Hart Trophy - Rick Nash

Ted Lindsay Trophy - Rick Nash

Lady Byng Trophy - Milan Hejduk

Vezina Trophy - Anders Lindback

Calder Trophy - Alex Galchenyuk

Norris Trophy - Brent Burns

Bill Masterton Trophy - Zach Redmond

Selke Trophy - Jim Slater

King Clancy Trophy - Milan Hejduk

You don't have to nominate anyone if you don't want to.

But a few years ago, I can't remember which award it was.... but it was supposed to be a slam dunk easy choice. But the runaway favourite wasn't nominated, and so somebody else won the award. So just because you might think your player may not win, might as well nominate them anyways, because you never know.

Might as well...lots of Lupul

Anaheim Ducks Award Nominations

Hart Trophy - Joffrey Lupul

Ted Lindsay Trophy - Joffrey Lupul

Lady Byng Trophy - Tyler Bozak

Vezina Trophy - Pekka Rinne

Calder Trophy - JT Miller

Norris Trophy - Ryan McDonagh

Bill Masterton Trophy - Joffrey Lupul

Selke Trophy - Zack Smith

King Clancy Trophy - Joffrey Lupul

Florida Panthers 2013 Award Nominees

Hart Trophy - Jonathan Toews, IMO, the best all around player in hockey, after losing Erik, Jonathan has put the team on his back and led both the Blackhawks IRL and the Panthers in CDCGML to be one of the top teams in their respective leagues.

Ted Lindsay Trophy - Jonathan Toews

Lady Byng Trophy - never got the point of this award, but, Andy McDonald

Vezina Trophy - Corey Crawford

Calder Trophy - Brandon Saad, plays a huge role on the best team in hockey, great in all three zones, leads rookies in takeaways, +/- and 3rd in points, great all over the ice.

Norris Trophy - Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Bill Masterton Trophy - Guillaume Latendresse

Selke Trophy - Jonathan Toews, anchor on top PK unit, leads league in takeaways, top-3 in +\-, brings the entire package night in and night out.

King Clancy Trophy - Jonathan Toews, http://crf.mb.ca/events/event-view.cfm?event_id=48

San Jose Sharks Award Nominations

Hart Trophy - Alexander Semin

Ted Lindsay Trophy - Alexander Semin

Lady Byng Trophy - James Reimer

Vezina Trophy - James Reimer

Calder Trophy - Jonas Brodin

Norris Trophy - Alex Goligoski

Bill Masterton Trophy - James Reimer

Selke Trophy - N/A

King Clancy Trophy - N/A

Minnesota Wild Award Nominations

Hart Trophy - Martin Brodeur (believe he either leads the entire cdcgml or is close to the top in pool point per game average on a weak team. What is more valuable than that? ;) )

Ted Lindsay Trophy - Martin Brodeur (see above)

Lady Byng Trophy - Andre Markov (Only 10 PIMS for a top defenceman playing almost 25 minutes per game?)

Vezina Trophy - Martin Brodeur

Calder Trophy - Mikael Granlund

Norris Trophy - Andre Markov

Bill Masterton Trophy - Andre Markov (returns from potential career ending injuries to lead his team from cellar dweller to top team)

Selke Trophy - Frans Nielsen

King Clancy Trophy - Martin Brodeur (one of the best leaders in the game)

Archived