The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

How to fix the Canucks. I'm just spitballin'/arm-chairing it here but:

1) Fire Gillis: I've said to some ppl that him acquiring Roy would be the move to save his own ass. If they win, he's a genius for adding the final ingredient. If they flame out early, he can easily blame AV by saying "I brought in the pieces, you couldn't get it done".

2) Put Booth with the Sedins. He's a big body that shoots (though he doesn't hit the net), you won't get anything good for him so might as well experiment.

3) Trade Lu/Schneid for some prospects/picks. We need youth/energy more than anything.

4) Get a new defensive assistant coach like the Sharks did when they acquired Larry Robinson. We don't necessarily need a new head coach (although I'm not against it, I'm not a fan of AV cuz of how he plays favourites) but definitely can see how a new A-Coach can help out.

How to fix the Canucks. I'm just spitballin'/arm-chairing it here but:

1) Fire Gillis: I've said to some ppl that him acquiring Roy would be the move to save his own ass. If they win, he's a genius for adding the final ingredient. If they flame out early, he can easily blame AV by saying "I brought in the pieces, you couldn't get it done".

2) Put Booth with the Sedins. He's a big body that shoots (though he doesn't hit the net), you won't get anything good for him so might as well experiment.

3) Trade Lu/Schneid for some prospects/picks. We need youth/energy more than anything.

4) Get a new defensive assistant coach like the Sharks did when they acquired Larry Robinson. We don't necessarily need a new head coach (although I'm not against it, I'm not a fan of AV cuz of how he plays favourites) but definitely can see how a new A-Coach can help out.

If any team could be the fourth one in history to come back from a 3-0 playoff deficit I think ours could, but its not very likely that is for sure, I will be on the edge of my seat though watching it.

That being said, its almost time to say goodbye to AV. I believe that after years of pointing individual things that tick me off about his handling of the team..and having each and every one of them rebuffed by fellow Canucks fans..this year i simply said "AV is not a multiplyer of the value of the team". Where the combined canucks team is worth A, and the better coaches can multiply that value by say 1.1 we see that AV does not add value to the team year in and year out he is at best a value of 1, and in my opionion more like a point9."

That summary seems to be catching on and I am surprised that this of all years, the short season, is the one where fans now generally think a coaching change might be good, and the talking heads are openly suggesting it on TV and radio. I only wish they did it in mid 2007, we might have a cup or two by now.

at a glance I still think we don't touch the D next year. We change the riders and keep the horses. It is sadly clear that Lu or Cory has to move out in the offseason by any means necessary, simply a cash sink, and I like them both. Personally I would keep Lu. Get the max value for Cory as he is the hotter commodity that will bring in beaucoup returns.

Up Front: Pinner, Sestito Weisse...I have not seen what I need to see to warrant keeping them when we can bring up Jensen and angle for some upgrades.

Raymond has a compelling story, but I am afraid again that even if he is on pace for 18 goals in an 82 game season.....

..he had 14 negative nights at 5 on 5 and 18 positive nights..i am talking plus minus...and the thing is the vast majority of his positive nights were plus 1 while the vast number of his negative nights were -2 or -3. So when he is okay he is gaining a stroke but when he is not okay he is losing several. That is why with such nice numbers as 10 goals and 12 assists he is only +2. In short, Raymond is not a top six player, can't be if we want to win a cup and he is not good enough in our end to be a 3rd liner, and he is a waste of a spot on the 4th. It is not that he is not a good hockey player it is that his 'role' is to be a second line winger and he is not good enough to be a second line winger on a contender.

I want to add that perhaps if he is cheap enough, his value will increase in that capacity..maybe he could be our worst top six player if his cost is say 2million a year?

I think the twins have proven they can play with a spare tire as the third line mate and so I have no idea why kassian is not with them full time. I would do that pronto. They had a revolving door until Burrows gargled AV enough to stick with them and the twins played amazing with pylons and cones. No different here only Kassian has upside.

So twin twin Kass means you can reunite Kes and Burr...WOW only lets not pretend Raymond is up there with those two guys..lets check on how the booth situation would work out Booth Kes Burr. Your top six. Higgins Raymond on the third line? I am good with that! Maxim Lapierre has proven his value as a 4th line center with upside that he could play 3rd as well. Jensen and Lappy for 4th line next year? That is a great possibility. SO we need a 3rd line center and a couple winger/centerman as depth.

Easy to bump guys down a line depending on what we get in exchance for ..and this is where i would shock the world ...trading cory schneider.

Or obviously if you can fill the gaps 3rd line young good center, couple bottom six wingers...by trading Lu, I would grudgingly do that.

The only thing wrong with the Dee is the coaching staff has them afraid of their own shadows..aside from Bieksa, lovin that guy still.

CDCGML 2013 Fantasy Cup Playoffs Quarterfinal Matchups

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Western%20Conference%20150x100.jpg

08. small.png106 Minnesota vs Los Angeles 172 small.png .01

07. small.png79 San Jose vs Winnipeg 158 small.png .02

06. small.png102 Edmonton vs Chicago 81 small.png .03

05. small.png89 Dallas vs Vancouver 152 small.png.04

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Eastern%20Conference%20150x109.jpg

08. 2ef5pn7.jpg 61 Quebec vs Florida 168 small.png .01

07. small.png 168 Ottawa vs NY Islanders 153 small.png .02

06. small.png171 Boston vs Buffalo 160 small.png .03

05. small.png130 Pittsburgh vs New Jersey 202 small.png .04

Been a couple days...here is the mornings standings! Some cool matchups..and tonight we cross the 'halfway point' in the round and starting tonight, ssome teams and therefore players may be done their round 1 campaigns..its about to get interesting!

you can put them anywhere on the roster, i think, up or down and if you want to waive them when waivers are turned on again: we will get a message in the thread when that happens...i just don't know if i missed it, but I suspect i am saying it right.

Round 1, Game 3 results are in and tabulated for the 7 Game Series format.

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Western%20Conference%20150x100.jpg

08. small.png53 Minnesota vs Los Angeles 71 small.png .01

Min 0 - LA 3

07. small.png39 San Jose vs Winnipeg 49 small.png .02

SJS 0 - Win 3

small.png38 Edmonton vs Chicago 27 small.png .03

Edm 3 - Chi 0

small.png50 Dallas vs Vancouver 55 small.png.04

Dal 1 - Van 2

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Eastern%20Conference%20150x109.jpg

08. 2ef5pn7.jpg 26 Quebec vs Florida 67 small.png .01

Que 0 - Fla 3

small.png 44 Ottawa vs NY Islanders 56 small.png .02

Ott 1 - NYI 2

small.png56 Boston vs Buffalo 45 small.png .03

Bos 2 - Buf 1

small.png65 Pittsburgh vs New Jersey 64 small.png .04

Pit 1 - NJD 2

Game Notes:

- After a monster effort Minny came up against an equally hot team in LA to drop to 0-3.

- SJ with a gutsy effort wasn't able to match the veteran Jets to be pushed to the brink.

- Underdog Edmonchuck continues to stymy 3rd seeded Chicago to take a stranglehold on the series

- After a miserable 2 point night Dallas roars back with 50 but it wasn't enough to get by Vancouver who holds a 2-1 lead.

- Florida thoroughly dominates Quebec for the 3rd straight game

- In a hard fought game the Isles come back to take a 2-1 lead over Ottawa

- Boston gets a team effort to upset 3rd seed Buffalo and take a one game lead.

And the game of the night:

- Pittsburgh guts out a 1 point win over rival NJ, with huge nights from fellow d-men PK Subban and Paul Martin, to try and gain some momentum in the series.

Finally we see some sense in the linup tonight, barely...I like reuniting Raymond, Kes and Burr, and I like that Kass is with the twins: face it they can score by bouncing a puck off anyone, that is not the issue really if they have a legit scoring chance it doesn't matter who is the third guy the issue is when the twins have so much heat on them all game, the rest of the team needs to capitalize and generate chances and the RayKesBurr line can unite and do that..is it too little too late though? ahem..fire AV!

Archived