10335 replies to this topic

#2551 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,438 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Minor suggestion for dates on the official games score posts....can we name them with the date the NHL schedule would have had them on? the date of the post is already stamped in every post, so its redundant that way to use todays date..and it would help us keep tracka little better of the schedule and upcoming games et cetera...if there is some reason I don't see as to why we are doing it this way...ignore me, lol.

My job keeps me away from home 24 - 30 hours at a time. So far, since I had last week off on holidays and have been pretty lucky so far this week, things have stayed lined up well. But that won't last. :P Eventually, I'll end up posting a few days of sims in one day to catch up. The dates listed the way they are help me keep things in order.

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#2552 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,438 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Because its not about money. Its about MORE money. This last CBA saw the league revenues rise dramatically during a time of global fiscal catastrophy...if it grew by 50% during the worst economic times since the great depression..then as the yankees grow out of their emergency and flex again, which will happen in year 6 of an Obama administration..the signs are already there now....then imagine the growth the league will see under this new CBA. If revenues grow by doubling and tripling, rather than gaining 50%...salaries will too. Its not about the money "the day after the agreement is signed" its about the money in 2015 and forward......that money dwarfs this seasons money like the sun does the moon. Owners are greedy, players are greedy, but generally, when supply is huge and demand is low....there are only 800 NHL players in the world, but there are millions who want to be....then cory schneider was right..the players already lost.

Ignorance from the owners it is then. Go ahead, keep locking us out and see how many fans keep returning after lost season after lost season. Keep engraving 'Season not played' on the Stanley Cup every 5-7 years and see how many fans put up with that. The owners are losing here too. Players in the PA aren't the only ones more informed this time around. American fans don't care enough to save the league when it returns, and the one's that do care, have a LOT of options with other hockey leagues. Canadian fans as well, we have the WHL, the OHL, the Q, etc.

The league will not keep growing at the rate it has been. Not with this lockout. Some fans will be back. But some won't be. Some are fed up. Some have had enough of this corporate boardroom BS corrupting and perverting the game we all love. Some will be taking their dollars and spending them elsewhere. I looked up tickets to a Kamloops Blazers game last week. $20 bucks a seat for 3rd row seats at center ice. And guess what? The hockey is pretty darn good, the crowd is electric and the players play hard. It's affordable to take the entire family, and the best part? No lockouts. Ever.

Speculating on potential future growth and hoping the US pulls out of the economic downward spiral they're in is a lousy way to run a business. If they wanted to capitalize on growth, they should have pulled their heads out of their behinds and realized that a major US market just won the Stanley Cup on the west coast. A major US market on the eastern seaboard just pulled off a big trade and is one of the favourites to win the next one. Interest was piqued in your product, your two most marketable stars (Crosby and Ovechkin) were poised for bounce back seasons and literally EVERYTHING was going in their favour. That's REAL growth that could happen right now and spur even bigger returns down the road throughout the next CBA. A bigger fan base now means more potential for growth later. All they needed to do was negotiate a fair CBA without demanding the moon. Reasonable, rational people would see this.

Instead, they're stifling their big chance to really grow the game. They're cutting the legs out from under the gains they could have made in those major US markets. They're alienating, offending and straight up p****ing off the fans who pay ridiculous prices for tickets game after game to bring them this ever increasing pot of money over which to bicker. Salary cuts for players after 7 straight years of record profits?? On contracts offered by those very same owners?? Complete unwillingness to phase in a reduction in the players share of revenues, thus paving the road for a quick and fair deal? Trying to take out everything the players got in 2004s CBA negotiations in return for the salary cap and the 24% rollback? The owners are 100% at fault here. These aren't the negotiations of a side looking for a fair deal. Can any objective person look at the numbers, look at the NHLs negotiating stance so far and come to any other conclusion?

I don't feel the players are being greedy at all. They want their contracts honored like any other legal contract should be. They're willing to give back more and take less of the revenue pie. They just want those current contracts honored. And they should be.

I hate this lockout crap as much as anybody and want to see them back on the ice. But I hope the players don't cave this time. There is no reason for them to shoulder the entire burden for managements mistakes. This entire lockout is on the owners. It's their negotiating method of choice. Demand the world, and then lock the players out for as long as it takes to get our way. It's pure garbage.

The players have already lost. But so have the owners. So have the fans. And so have the workers who depend on the income to support themselves and their families. But all of that is on the owners, not the players. The players have shown a willingness to be creative, innovative and work with the NHL to find solutions to the key problems. Just stop trying to claw money back from the contracts the owners themselves offered, and stop going after everything the players got in the last agreement in return for the massive concessions the players took last time.

Seems to me one side is trying to make a legitimate deal, the other wants everything their way or else. It baffles me that some people blame the players for this one.

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#2553 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Ignorance from the owners it is then. Go ahead, keep locking us out and see how many fans keep returning after lost season after lost season. Keep engraving 'Season not played' on the Stanley Cup every 5-7 years and see how many fans put up with that. The owners are losing here too. Players in the PA aren't the only ones more informed this time around. American fans don't care enough to save the league when it returns, and the one's that do care, have a LOT of options with other hockey leagues. Canadian fans as well, we have the WHL, the OHL, the Q, etc.

The league will not keep growing at the rate it has been. Not with this lockout. Some fans will be back. But some won't be. Some are fed up. Some have had enough of this corporate boardroom BS corrupting and perverting the game we all love. Some will be taking their dollars and spending them elsewhere. I looked up tickets to a Kamloops Blazers game last week. $20 bucks a seat for 3rd row seats at center ice. And guess what? The hockey is pretty darn good, the crowd is electric and the players play hard. It's affordable to take the entire family, and the best part? No lockouts. Ever.

Speculating on potential future growth and hoping the US pulls out of the economic downward spiral they're in is a lousy way to run a business. If they wanted to capitalize on growth, they should have pulled their heads out of their behinds and realized that a major US market just won the Stanley Cup on the west coast. A major US market on the eastern seaboard just pulled off a big trade and is one of the favourites to win the next one. Interest was piqued in your product, your two most marketable stars (Crosby and Ovechkin) were poised for bounce back seasons and literally EVERYTHING was going in their favour. That's REAL growth that could happen right now and spur even bigger returns down the road throughout the next CBA. A bigger fan base now means more potential for growth later. All they needed to do was negotiate a fair CBA without demanding the moon. Reasonable, rational people would see this.

Instead, they're stifling their big chance to really grow the game. They're cutting the legs out from under the gains they could have made in those major US markets. They're alienating, offending and straight up p****ing off the fans who pay ridiculous prices for tickets game after game to bring them this ever increasing pot of money over which to bicker. Salary cuts for players after 7 straight years of record profits?? On contracts offered by those very same owners?? Complete unwillingness to phase in a reduction in the players share of revenues, thus paving the road for a quick and fair deal? Trying to take out everything the players got in 2004s CBA negotiations in return for the salary cap and the 24% rollback? The owners are 100% at fault here. These aren't the negotiations of a side looking for a fair deal. Can any objective person look at the numbers, look at the NHLs negotiating stance so far and come to any other conclusion?

I don't feel the players are being greedy at all. They want their contracts honored like any other legal contract should be. They're willing to give back more and take less of the revenue pie. They just want those current contracts honored. And they should be.

I hate this lockout crap as much as anybody and want to see them back on the ice. But I hope the players don't cave this time. There is no reason for them to shoulder the entire burden for managements mistakes. This entire lockout is on the owners. It's their negotiating method of choice. Demand the world, and then lock the players out for as long as it takes to get our way. It's pure garbage.

The players have already lost. But so have the owners. So have the fans. And so have the workers who depend on the income to support themselves and their families. But all of that is on the owners, not the players. The players have shown a willingness to be creative, innovative and work with the NHL to find solutions to the key problems. Just stop trying to claw money back from the contracts the owners themselves offered, and stop going after everything the players got in the last agreement in return for the massive concessions the players took last time.

Seems to me one side is trying to make a legitimate deal, the other wants everything their way or else. It baffles me that some people blame the players for this one.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#2554 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

^^^ Im confused c2x ? what side of the argument are you on ? you seem kinda on the fence with this one..... :lol:
Posted Image

#2555 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

^^^ Im confused c2x ? what side of the argument are you on ? you seem kinda on the fence with this one..... :lol:

Posted Image

;)

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#2556 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,306 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

I will only add two more points to ponder ( for now )

1) The claim is being made that several of the ownership groups have supported the lockout from the get go because they actually lose money early in the season as their stands are practically empty. If so, remind me again why the NHL decided to have an 82 game schedule over the more familiar at the time 80? Was it not to generate more revenue?

2) If the NHLPA's last public position was 54% and the NHL's was 47%, and they both know that they must come in toward the middle somehow to get a deal done, then instead of them arguing over 8% of HRR as it seems, they are arguing over much less than that. In all probability it is the last 2-3% that is the real sticking point. That's right, we are losing this season over 3%.

Edited by theminister, 13 October 2012 - 01:05 PM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#2557 _arby_18

_arby_18

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

You make a lot of valid points, c2x. Unfortunately, none of them matter.

The owners have instructed Bettman to do this, and it is their league to run (into the ground) however they wish. The players, the owners and the fans all lose here, but the players will be the ones who will lose the most, especially if they don't snap out of it and take whatever deal is currently being presented to them. Trust me, the offers that the players have received are as good as they are going to get, and will get progressively worse from this point on.

I'm not saying I agree with the owners, as I don't. And I do think that the players should have their contracts paid out in full. But they won't. A rollback is coming, and the players had better realize it and sign up for the 47% of HRR before the offer drops to 40% or lower and the owners take guaranteed contracts off of the table...

The way I see it, the only way this ends is when Fehr takes a deal, or the players decertify the union. Neither of these will happen any time soon. And so we wait...

And this is coming from a Winnipeg Jets season-ticket holder who is missing today's home-opener which should be in the 3rd period right now... :sadno:

Edited by _arby_18, 13 October 2012 - 01:14 PM.

Check out my blog on www.arcticicehockey.com, the Home of the Winnipeg Jets on SBNation!

CDCGML Montreal Canadiens
flag-nhl-montreal-canadiens_1_1.gif
(Click Above to See Habs Roster in Google Docs)

#2558 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

You make a lot of valid points, c2x. Unfortunately, none of them matter.

The owners have instructed Bettman to do this, and it is their league to run (into the ground) however they wish. The players, the owners and the fans all lose here, but the players will be the ones who will lose the most, especially if they don't snap out of it and take whatever deal is currently being presented to them. Trust me, the offers that the players have received are as good as they are going to get, and will get progressively worse from this point on.

I'm not saying I agree with the owners, as I don't. And I do think that the players should have their contracts paid out in full. But they won't. A rollback is coming, and the players had better realize it and sign up for the 47% of HRR before the offer drops to 40% or lower and the owners take guaranteed contracts off of the table...

The way I see it, the only way this ends is when Fehr takes a deal, or the players decertify the union. Neither of these will happen any time soon.

Which is why we wait and the disinterested and indifferent once NHL fans grow in numbers.

I do not agree with the owner's approach to this ( lock out ), obviously could be handled better. I do not feel the players are greedy for wanting the contracts they have signed either. I also am not a fan of unions for the most part so it could be swaying how I view this just a little.
Posted Image

#2559 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,859 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

I agree with everything C2X said, its unfortunate the league side does not. The League wants to reign in those overspending owners just as much as the collective ownership does, and they are taking the route that it has to be corrected in the CBA...i wouldn't be surprised if long term contracts end up banned as well or that there are stiffer cap circumvention rules...in the end, I don't want my analysis to be confused with who or what I agree with personally...but the way i see it, the owners have the strong suite in spades right now...all the players can do is drag it out which costs them up to 100% of a full seasons pay...most players get 5 seasons on average in the NHL if they are lucky...20% lifetime earnings shot to hell on the principle of not 'caving in' and agreeing to a smaller clawback earlier makes no sense. Granted, the owners are effed in the collective head and Bettman should be fired, but it is what it is and players collectively need to wise up and sign a deal to save total lifetime earning potential on an individual basis. I care not for what future players will make per year, they will earn at a miniumum enough to never have to work again after two seasons....so these current players ought to weigh their real dollar potentials and realize what they are losing if the season is a wipe. Its not pretty, but its reality.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#2560 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Which is why we wait and the disinterested and indifferent once NHL fans grow in numbers.

I do not agree with the owner's approach to this ( lock out ), obviously could be handled better. I do not feel the players are greedy for wanting the contracts they have signed either. I also am not a fan of unions for the most part so it could be swaying how I view this just a little.

That's too bad. Unions are the backbone to the labour standards and benefits that most people in this country enjoy, including you.

They're also the reason why much of our generation enjoys the standard of living we did growing up.

#2561 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,859 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

I am a bigtime union guy. But for the right reasons. If the issue was visors for instance and the unions stance was pro player safety I would stand united 100% with them, and I think most fans would, but the issue is not working conditions, so much, and its not a living wage or a good retirement package or medicare...the issue is 500k vs 600k a year in salary on the entry level end, and 6million a year vs 7million a year on the upper end...its outside the realm of real union activity, these salaries, and so I am sort of disregarding it. Real life unions and their membership have to work a full career to earn what the high makes in 4 months..there is no comparison here...imo the players union should concentrate on player safety pensions and disability rights and cave at 50million for 23 guys to divvy up per 9 months of hockey.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#2562 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE HANDSHAKE , WHATEVER HAPPENED TO A DEAL NO ONE WOULD BREAK

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO INTEGRITY

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#2563 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,859 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hey Canadian SPortsfans: Scrivens and Ashton with the Toronto Marlies are playing the Rochester Amerks featuring none other than Cody Hodgson and Foligno right now on SPortsnet in High Def...a bit of the 2nd and all the 3rd period left...great game...'Merks up 2-0 Hodgson is a beast with Foligno...Ashton and Khadr are linemates and looking good too

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#2564 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE HANDSHAKE , WHATEVER HAPPENED TO A DEAL NO ONE WOULD BREAK

I read an interesting article about 'the handshake in hockey' and how it was replaced once the game turned into a sport and the sport turned into a business.

It was a great article that harkened back to a time when there was still a purity about 'the game' and 'gentlemen' that ran and played it, even if they were both the toughest SOB's in their respective positions.

If I find it, i'll link it.

#2565 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,306 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

What kind of crazy upside down world do you live in?!?

Oh, wait.... that's right. I forgot. ::D

Edited by theminister, 13 October 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#2566 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

I know I used it before, and I hate to repeat a gif but,

Posted Image

:lol:

#2567 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Posted Image

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#2568 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,306 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

I know I used it before, and I hate to repeat a gif but,

:lol:

jpg.

We're going to need to get you enrolled in some computer classes, son.

#2569 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

I read an interesting article about 'the handshake in hockey' and how it was replaced once the game turned into a sport and the sport turned into a business.

It was a great article that harkened back to a time when there was still a purity about 'the game' and 'gentlemen' that ran and played it, even if they were both the toughest SOB's in their respective positions.

If I find it, i'll link it.

I have searched a few permutations of" handshake in hockey ",and can only come up with articles related to the handshake line at the end of a play off series .
Would really appreciate the link :)

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#2570 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

jpg.

We're going to need to get you enrolled in some computer classes, son.

Posted Image

#2571 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Kick back watch it crumble
See the drowning, watch the fall
I feel just terrible about it
That's sarcasm, let it burn

Gonna make a toast when it falls apart
I'm gonna raise my glass above my heart
Then someone shouts "That's what they get"
For all the years of hit and run
All the piss broke OWNERS on VH1
Where did all, their money go?
Don't we all know
Parasitic HOCKEY industry As it destroys itself
We'll show them how it's supposed to be
HOCKEY PLAYED from devotion Not ambition,Not for fame
Zero people are exploited There are no tricks, up our sleeve

The dinosaurs will slowly die
And I do believe no one will cry
I'm just ???? glad I'm gonna beThere to watch the fall
Prehistoric HOCKEY INDUSTRY
Three feet in la brea tar Extinction never felt so good

You think anyone would feel badly You are sadly, mistaken
Time has come for evolution frack collusion, kill the five
Whatever happened to the handshake? Whatever happened to deals no-one would break? What happened to integrity?
It is still there it always was
FOR PLAYING HOCKEY JUST BECAUSE
mike and dave :lol:

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 13 October 2012 - 05:52 PM.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#2572 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

That's too bad. Unions are the backbone to the labour standards and benefits that most people in this country enjoy, including you.

They're also the reason why much of our generation enjoys the standard of living we did growing up.

As much as unions have helped solidify labour standards and ofcourse they do come with benefits financially among other areas they are not the reason for people including me having grown up with a high standard of living.

There is a very false sense of the success of unions in the economy, this clearly is not the forum for this discussion however I urge people to educate themselves into the economics of our country or North America for that matter and the pros/cons of unions.

There is alot of information out there and our own personal experiences we all have with unions to come to a conclusion.
Posted Image

#2573 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

As much as unions have helped solidify labour standards and ofcourse they do come with benefits financially among other areas they are not the reason for people including me having grown up with a high standard of living.

There is a very false sense of the success of unions in the economy, this clearly is not the forum for this discussion however I urge people to educate themselves into the economics of our country or North America for that matter and the pros/cons of unions.

There is alot of information out there and our own personal experiences we all have with unions to come to a conclusion.

I'm not suggesting that unions are or have been perfect, but i'd rather live in a country where workers have rights, such as collective bargaining, than not. There's a lot of information out there that tells us that employees for companies like Walmart, Toyota and Target who have non-unionized labour don't fair as well as those will union workers. There's a lot of propaganda against unionized labour it seems, unfortunately. I run a private small business, but i'm a proud product of a union household and i know the value of having customers who also receive good union wages in order to afford my services. I learned long ago, that if the average customer can barely afford to make ends meet, they sure as sh*t can't support small businesses.

But you're right, this isn't the place to discuss such things. It'd only lead to an argument anyways, so we've both made our opinions known and clear, and that should be good for now.

#2574 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,859 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

I'm not suggesting that unions are or have been perfect, but i'd rather live in a country where workers have rights, such as collective bargaining, than not. There's a lot of information out there that tells us that employees for companies like Walmart, Toyota and Target who have non-unionized labour don't fair as well as those will union workers. There's a lot of propaganda against unionized labour it seems, unfortunately. I run a private small business, but i'm a proud product of a union household and i know the value of having customers who also receive good union wages in order to afford my services. I learned long ago, that if the average customer can barely afford to make ends meet, they sure as sh*t can't support small businesses.

But you're right, this isn't the place to discuss such things. It'd only lead to an argument anyways, so we've both made our opinions known and clear, and that should be good for now.

I am more or less in the same place as sharpie...unionized workers do not bankrupt businesses, what they do, yes costs owners more, but it helps with labour rights. Without unions your 12 year old would be sweeping chmneys to pay moms healthcare bill from having susie becuase your minimum wage doesn't exist...but that doesn't equate in my mind to million dollar salaries..lol players union has nothign to do with general workers unions who help get them a few grand more than cost of living each year.

To be sure, this is simply my opinion, but it is grown out of watching small business flourish with unionized families patronage, and growing up in a union income household. I too am now on the other side of the labour fence..and I too still agree with labour rights and steady improvement.

Edited by Primal Optimist, 13 October 2012 - 08:53 PM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#2575 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,859 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

A good buddy is a non unionized anti union philosophy employee in an industry where there are unions in the competition. He makes a decent salary, a bit short of the unionized shops, and he claims that the difference goes to union dues, so he earns basically an equal pay for equal work as the unionized shops..but where he and I argue is that he would not make even close to that if the industry didn't have union involvement...without other shops driving up the cost of skilled workers, his shop would not pay a competitive renumeration. I fail to see how any non 'boss' falls for the propaganda coming from the 1% about unions...unions are bad? they kill jobs. Sure they do. Unions are bad cuz they kill profits...they don't jeapardize breaking even..they cut into the fat and the gravy a bit..thus a lot of gravy is spent on propaganda to help stifle unions.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#2576 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,438 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Results - October 13, 2012

Posted Image Buffalo - 1
Posted Image New Jersey - 0
------------------------------------
Posted Image Colorado - 4
Posted Image San Jose - 3

#2577 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,438 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Game of the Day - October 13, 2012

Posted Image Edmonton - 1
Posted Image Calgary - 4

Goals -------- 1st-----2nd----3rd----FINAL--
Edmonton ---- 0 ----- 1 ------ 0 ------- 1 -----
Calgary -------- 2 ----- 1 ------ 1 ------- 4 -----

Shots ----------1st-----2nd-----3rd------TOTAL-
Edmonton ----- 8 ------ 9 ---- 10 -------- 27 -----
Calgary -------- 15 ---- 11 ---- 10 -------- 36 ----

Three Stars
Posted Image 1. Kari Lehtonen
Posted Image 2. Joe Vitale

Posted Image 3. Blair Jones

Scoring Summary
---------------------------------------
- 1st Period -
CGY Ryan Smyth (2), Jiri Tlusty, Trevor Daley 6:39 PP
CGY Joe Vitale (1), Tomas Kaberle, Blair Jones 16:51

- 2nd Period -
CGY Blake Comeau (1), Roman Polak 7:20
EDM Brad Richardson (1), Fedor Tyutin 16:04

- 3rd Period -
CGY Eric Fehr (2), Blair Jones 19:27 EN

#2578 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,438 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Injuries

Posted Image - LW Alexander Semin will be injured for 8 - 9 weeks with a concussion.
Posted Image - D Jan Hejda will be injured for a week or so with a hamstring injury.

Posted Image - D Yannick Weber will be injured for a week or so with a neck strain.

#2579 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,438 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Schedule - October 14, 2012

Posted Image Boston
Posted Image Anaheim
Posted Image Pittsburgh
Posted Image NY Rangers
Posted Image Montreal
Posted Image Philadelphia
Posted Image Winnipeg
Posted Image Florida
Posted Image St. Louis
Posted Image Colorado
Posted Image Dallas
Posted Image Vancouver
Posted Image Calgary
Posted Image Tampa Bay
Posted Image Quebec
Posted Image Nashville

#2580 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,438 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Late sim tonight since I just got home from a quick flip at work. Will do tomorrows around lunch time and then get an extra day in tomorrow night as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.