Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4386 replies to this topic

#3751 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

Mobile

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#3752 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

Mobile

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#3753 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,500 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

@georgerichards: Dale Tallon: Versteeg is set for arb, we'll see what happens.He's going to play here, make $

#3754 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

Are we there yet?

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#3755 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

I don't know about you guys, but when I check threads on this site on my phone it automatically goes to the last page... what's with all the 'mobile' posts?

#3756 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

I don't know about you guys, but when I check threads on this site on my phone it automatically goes to the last page... what's with all the 'mobile' posts?

It goes to the last page you were viewing. So generally if you've been keeping an eye on this thread daily, like me..lol, it'll be going to the last page. If you just check it every once in awhile it won't go to the last page, and it's a pain in the butt to go scrolling through. I don't know why the mobile app doesn't have a last page/post option?

#3757 HockeyHobo73

HockeyHobo73

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Geez... Just trade him already... If Staal can get traded on his wedding day, surely Luongo can get traded during a poker tournament...

#3758 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

Geez... Just trade him already... If Staal can get traded on his wedding day, surely Luongo can get traded during a poker tournament...

You honestly can't compare Jordan Staal to Roberto Luongo. One is a top 2 centerman, the other is an established all star goalie, no matter what the haters say. His record speaks for itself.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#3759 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

It's not about the poker tourney, it's about getting the right return. He's got to meet the trading team in the middle and make a deal that is fair on both sides.

If MG makes a stupid deal just because message board regulars are too impatient and want a head start making sig pictures, then he should be fired.

#3760 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,420 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

It's not about the poker tourney, it's about getting the right return. He's got to meet the trading team in the middle and make a deal that is fair on both sides.

If MG makes a stupid deal just because message board regulars are too impatient and want a head start making sig pictures, then he should be fired.

Exactly.

Fans that want a deal to get done for their own satisfaction or entertainment, instead of being patient and getting the best return possible, aren't very good fans.

This trade could impact the future of this organization.

Gillis could rush a trade and dump him for a bunch of spare parts and crappy picks. Or he can be patient and wait till a team gets desperate enough and trades us a young potential superstar.

I'm willing to wait if it means we get the young potential superstar.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3761 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

I say it again best thing for MG to do is trade LUO ASAP!Otherwise season starts and it turns into another Bure thing and we get no respect and shortchanged for Luo.Waiting for mid summer to late is ok, but anymore and teams lose interest.
Posted Image

#3762 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

I say it again best thing for MG to do is trade LUO ASAP!Otherwise season starts and it turns into another Bure thing and we get no respect and shortchanged for Luo.Waiting for mid summer to late is ok, but anymore and teams lose interest.

I disagree with you.

It's in his best interest to make the right trade, not trade him, to get rid of him asap. I rather make the right trade, then make a bad trade because he got inpatient.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#3763 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

Exactly.

Fans that want a deal to get done for their own satisfaction or entertainment, instead of being patient and getting the best return possible, aren't very good fans.

Gillis could rush a trade and dump him for a bunch of spare parts and crappy picks. Or he can be patient and wait till a team gets desperate enough and trades us a young potential superstar.

Yeah man, we're at the point now where we got to be real careful. To me we've got 2 options.

We could go all in and try to stack this team for a 1 or 2 year run. But that would leave us bottom feeding rebuilders in a couple years. There is no garauntee we win doing this either, we still have to get every guy to peak at the right time and stay healthy.

Or we can make smart decisions to ensure we can contend for years to come. I think trading an aging samuellson for booth was a step in the right direction. Now this luongo deal could set us up very nicely for when the twins start to slow down.

Gillis knows this but impatient armchair GMs can't seem to grasp it.

#3764 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'm not sure why everyone is losing their patience. this just represents your personality when it comes to doing business. You know the worst case scenrio is if we don't trade Luongo, we will gladly use him. Nothing to lose. Also I believe it might be easier for Gillis to trade him in the middle season.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#3765 Gady

Gady

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

do you even know what does ASAP stands for? It is exactly what MG doing - waiting for AP part. ...

Edited by Gady, 12 July 2012 - 03:32 PM.

Love your enemies - it will drive them crazy ...

#3766 Gady

Gady

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

Meanwhile, Luongo secured a win of at least $44,655 in WSOP :)
Love your enemies - it will drive them crazy ...

#3767 Blood Fiend

Blood Fiend

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Nothing will happen until the WSOP concludes on july 16th.... I doubt Mike Gillis is going to be disrespectful and make a move while Roberto is trying to focus on the tournament at hand.

#3768 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

Exactly.

This is the summer, teams don't all the sudden get desperate. If we are mid season and a decent team is failing due to goaltending issues, then sure, desperation sets in and might be willing to do something stupid. But now, the market is very efficient. Everybody has the scoop on everybody. And if teams are not beating down doors for Luongo, we will have a tough time trading him.
Posted Image

#3769 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

Nothing will happen until the WSOP concludes on july 16th.... I doubt Mike Gillis is going to be disrespectful and make a move while Roberto is trying to focus on the tournament at hand.

Really? You serious?
Posted Image

#3770 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm pretty sure he doesn't give 2 shats if the right deal comes up gillis will get on the phone to Roberto

#3771 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,420 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

This is the summer, teams don't all the sudden get desperate. If we are mid season and a decent team is failing due to goaltending issues, then sure, desperation sets in and might be willing to do something stupid. But now, the market is very efficient. Everybody has the scoop on everybody. And if teams are not beating down doors for Luongo, we will have a tough time trading him.

Well the reality is, there are teams out there that are desperate for a goaltender that are pretending not to be.

It's who blinks first that will win here, and the way I see it, Gillis should be in no rush to blink first.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3772 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, MG is worried about Lu's poker tournament more than trying to bring a Cup the Vancouver. Makes sense to me.

#3773 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yeah, MG is worried about Lu's poker tournament more than trying to bring a Cup the Vancouver. Makes sense to me.

Luo probably promised Gillis a cut of his winnings to not get bothered during his tourney.

Posted Image

#3774 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Who has a better poker face Gillis or Luongo?

SYvE9NH.gif

#3775 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

This guy.

Posted Image

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#3776 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Lady Gaga

#3777 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'd go with Gillis.

#3778 BabychStache

BabychStache

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Mobile
Posted Image
Credit to Goaltenderinterference for the awesome Sig!

#3779 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

This is me every 5 minutes

"OMG New post in Luongo thread, he must've been traded!"

*scrolls down*

"Mobile"

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Posted Image
Formerly Hockeyfans101/Lapierre's Gawk

Thank you for the badass sig, Insom-

#3780 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Lady Gaga

See my sig for appreciation of your post.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.