The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good morning Vancouver

Special Ed

You are a fruit cup. I'm not interested in posting in the 'woe is me threads. I made a thread actually with the purpose of saying 'everything's fine let's move on'. No my fault every single person on the forum is talking about one thing only. At least here its positive. Until negative nancies started prancing around.

The caveat in all of this is that Schneider will not sign long term or at all until Lui is dealt. Why would he? While Lou is still a Canuck, if Schneider hits a skid, and we all know there will be times, he could lose his spot again... Luongo for JVR or for Gudbrandson and I put all this behind us.

We then have some real cap space to chase Parise at July 1...

It constantly amazes me that people will consider a thread redundant and STILL feel they must add their meaningless two cents worth to it .. if a thread is redundant, then avoid posting on it and it will die .. great thread Special Ed .. it is about being positive, a rare emotion and seldom seen in these here parts .. :towel:

Lol.

Yay for you and your positive opinion.

Where's the new substance threads require?

And where do you get the negativity woe us me stuff from? People with different opinions then yours? Posters hypothesizing different trade scenarios? Expressions of concern for the direction of the team?

Sounds like opinion not malcontent. If in a redundant thread.

It constantly amazes me that people will consider a thread redundant and STILL feel they must add their meaningless two cents worth to it .. if a thread is redundant, then avoid posting on it and it will die .. great thread Special Ed .. it is about being positive, a rare emotion and seldom seen in these here parts .. :towel:

I don't buy that Schneider is going to be 'demanding' a #1 spot. We drafted Schneider and he's a character guy. I feel like ultimately Schneider wants to play in Vancouver. And that both Schneider and Luongo could split games until the right move is made. What needs to be done is both our city and the players have to be taken care of. Rushing it is not good for either party and I feel confident it will work out for all involved.

Holding on to Luongo is the smartest choice, at least for now. If we can't get at least what he's worth to this team back in terms of value, there's absolutely no reason to make a trade.

Personally I feel that Schneider is still unproven, and what's more going with just one goalie is a big risk. This team has high expectations, being one injury away from having Lack behind this high-powered roster is just foolish. Luongo has been talked down so much recently his value is close to negative. Trading him now violates the most basic trading principle, "buy low, sell high." Trading Luongo now would be selling low, lower, lowest. Remember, Luongo's record with the Canucks: out in 2nd round, missed playoffs (he was hurt), out in 2nd, out in 2nd, out in Finals, out in 1st. We're coming off Lu's worst finish ever with the Canucks in a season where he was healthy, and it wasn't even him in net for the clinching losses. To trade him now, when his value is at an all-time low, would be stupid, the only reason we should do it is if he's demanded a trade behind the scenes. What could we have gotten for him this time last season, compared to now? That's why he shouldn't go anywhere.

Luongo, he's a guy who everyone in the League has watched so much the last four seasons, his tendencies have been picked apart and analyzed completely, shooters have a book on him, teams have a book on him, video guys have all that material to work with. And he's still a top-ten goalie in the NHL, undisputably. Schneider, he has a ton of potential, we've seen briefly what he can do, he came so close to outdueling Quick. But nobody's really game-planned for him, he's never started a full season as the number one. He hasn't really had to deal with teams going after his tendencies, exploiting his weak points. Even Canucks fans, we don't really know what his weaknesses are other than puckhandling, we haven't seen him play enough. Neither have the other teams or players. That makes his value in trade as high as it will ever be right now. Everyone has seen his potential, they don't know his weaknesses or even if he has any.

Schneider has MORE value to other teams than he does to the Canucks. Luongo has LESS. The ideal situation is we bring them both back and they get along well enough to split time again (we can hope!). Second-best is we deal Schneider to the East for a good haul in return. Worst is we deal Lu to Toronto, Chicago, or within the conference for little return.

Gillis ought to stand pat unless someone publicly requests a trade or someone just blows his doors off with a stupid offer.

Out in 1st with Cory in net. Stop blaming the guy when he wasnt even playing.

Agreed Cory is not proven, not even a reg season number 1. The status quo will prevail unless MG can pull off a sweet deal with trading either Cory or lui.

The bigger problem with nux is not goaltending. We all know that. That is where the focus is for off season, getting better D and grit, and that may come via a goalie trade.

Holding on to Luongo is the smartest choice, at least for now. If we can't get at least what he's worth to this team back in terms of value, there's absolutely no reason to make a trade.

Personally I feel that Schneider is still unproven, and what's more going with just one goalie is a big risk. This team has high expectations, being one injury away from having Lack behind this high-powered roster is just foolish. Luongo has been talked down so much recently his value is close to negative. Trading him now violates the most basic trading principle, "buy low, sell high." Trading Luongo now would be selling low, lower, lowest. Remember, Luongo's record with the Canucks: out in 2nd round, missed playoffs (he was hurt), out in 2nd, out in 2nd, out in Finals, out in 1st. We're coming off Lu's worst finish ever with the Canucks in a season where he was healthy, and it wasn't even him in net for the clinching losses. To trade him now, when his value is at an all-time low, would be stupid, the only reason we should do it is if he's demanded a trade behind the scenes. What could we have gotten for him this time last season, compared to now? That's why he shouldn't go anywhere.

Luongo, he's a guy who everyone in the League has watched so much the last four seasons, his tendencies have been picked apart and analyzed completely, shooters have a book on him, teams have a book on him, video guys have all that material to work with. And he's still a top-ten goalie in the NHL, undisputably. Schneider, he has a ton of potential, we've seen briefly what he can do, he came so close to outdueling Quick. But nobody's really game-planned for him, he's never started a full season as the number one. He hasn't really had to deal with teams going after his tendencies, exploiting his weak points. Even Canucks fans, we don't really know what his weaknesses are other than puckhandling, we haven't seen him play enough. Neither have the other teams or players. That makes his value in trade as high as it will ever be right now. Everyone has seen his potential, they don't know his weaknesses or even if he has any.

Schneider has MORE value to other teams than he does to the Canucks. Luongo has LESS. The ideal situation is we bring them both back and they get along well enough to split time again (we can hope!). Second-best is we deal Schneider to the East for a good haul in return. Worst is we deal Lu to Toronto, Chicago, or within the conference for little return.

Gillis ought to stand pat unless someone publicly requests a trade or someone just blows his doors off with a stupid offer.

You are a fruit cup. I'm not interested in posting in the 'woe is me threads. I made a thread actually with the purpose of saying 'everything's fine let's move on'. No my fault every single person on the forum is talking about one thing only. At least here its positive. Until negative nancies started prancing around.

Archived