The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PLAN B

Special Ed

I find it funny that Schultz said that he wants to develop with the likes of Hall/Eberle/Nugent Hopkins etc. but not with two Art Ross Trophy winners, and a Selke trophy winner?

His loss now let's hope the canucks embarrass his ass. Welcome to the NHL CHUMP

Justin Schultz: Hi Mr. Gillis, my name is justin schultz, my NHL experience is 0, my professional hockey experience is 0, but I would like to request the following from your 2 time defending presidents cup team and 1 year removed from game 7 of the stanley cup finals.

1. Top 4 ice time regardless of who gets shafted as a result of my request

2. PP ice time

3. Not having to play in the AHL

4. The maximum contracted permitted to me by the CBA

MG: hahaha, are you f*cking kidding me? Who do you think you are? You want to put yourself before the team? You should sign with Edmonton, I hear they like that mentality...

JS: Well, they did bring in Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey to talk with me about how terrific Edmonton is....

MG: Ya, that's great... When was the last time either of those players played for Edmonton?

JS: Umm, not sure, but they said it was awesome and they are both Hall of Famers...

MG: You know what Justin, you do what you want, but remember, karma is a real bitch and I KNOW that your parents are Canuck fans. I am going to give them free tickets to EDM vs Van games so they can hear you get booed everytime you come to Vancouver.

PS: Good luck trying to make the playoffs...

Anyone that thinks Schultz was plan A needs to give themselves a head shake. A unproven rookie, who probably would have played on the bottom pair. Canucks need the cup now, we don't know what they'll look like in 3-5 years when Schultz is at his prime. We need veterans, guys that can play now.

We need young difference makers as well. Players that we can rely on now and in the future. There's no real reinforcements coming from the farm anytime soon. I hope we can get a similar return for Luongo like the Flyers did with Richards. That would be ideal.

Plan 1A

Forget Schultz - he's a prospect, not the missing piece to a Stanley Cup this season or next. Upside to missing out = cap space.

Sign Garrison - for the same money, the Canucks can have a guy who has produced in the NHL, is a big body, big shot, good skating, good hockey sense kinda guy, without the unimportant pedigree.

Make a run for Doan. No brainer. Best forward option on the market if things don't work out for Phoenix - power forward right winger = Canucks jackpot. Schultz non-money could come in handy. Offer Doan 2 years x 5 million. Don't get our hopes up, but dream big.

Trade Luongo and get us Bjugstad and Petrovic.

Take Ottawa up on their decision to shop their depth forwards, and pry Chris Neil away. Forget about the Steve Ott's - get a real force - Neil = 10-15 goals, 250-300 hits, and that oh-so-important don't touch my teammates factor.

I don't really think Schultz was plan A. If they signed him, he might have a hard time even making the top 6. Tanev is probably going to be full time this season and if Salo is back that's 5 spots taken. Then we still have Ballard and some others. Schultz didn't want to be on the farm.

Just how on earth did Gillis fail to sell Vancouver and the Canucks to a BC kid that grew up a Canucks fan?

I mean Edmonton?!?!?!

Arctic living and three straight 30th place finishes?

Gillis should be upset because Tambellini whupped his butt today.

Ya know. I tells everyone about Gillis boss mode. That everyone got grumpy after Schultz but not to worry Gillis was on it. Now we got plan B G52 Jason Garrison, on a good looking contract and everyone happy. Special Ed gets no respect I tells ya... Looks like only one lonely soul agreed with me on OP.

Archived