The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks looking at Brule (Eklund)

Sheltered minutes? what exactly does that mean? He was 13th in ice time for coyotes forwards and still produced some numbers in the reg season and playoffs

When was the last time Ebbett or schroeder played a full season? Oh right, schroeder never, and ebbett never. If youre going to bash a player for something make sure the guys youre praising dont have the same downfall :picard:

Schroeder is also tiny, we dont need a tiny, non-phyiscal forward as our 2nd/3rd line centre

I watched him when he was on the Oilers, and holy crap was he no good.

I didn't pay attention last season to him in Phoenix, but I dunno...

Am I the only one that doesn't want him?

I'd take Malholtra back ANYDAY before him.

It' probably doubtful that the Canucks sign Brule.

With Gaunce and Mallet already (most likely) going to the Wolves and the possibility of a third young center coming this way in a Luongo deal, in addition to Schroeder who may or may not start the season with the Canucks, and Ebbett who is signed two-way, who knows if there is realistically much room for Brule on the Wolves, or if the Canucks are better off giving their young prospects the minutes?

In addition, it's likely that the Canucks wait to acquire a guy they are relatively certain they want to play the third line center role, or wait to see how Schroeder fares, with Lapierre and Malhotra on the roster to reasonably handle any contingencies.

If Brule were to be signed, both sides would probably not be in much of a rush to make it happen, unless he agreed to two-way low cap hit terms, and a short term - he'll probably wait to see if he could do better or play somewhere where he'll realistically have more opportunity.

Sheltered minutes? what exactly does that mean? He was 13th in ice time for coyotes forwards and still produced some numbers in the reg season and playoffs

When was the last time Ebbett or schroeder played a full season? Oh right, schroeder never, and ebbett never. If youre going to bash a player for something make sure the guys youre praising dont have the same downfall :picard:

Schroeder is also tiny, we dont need a tiny, non-phyiscal forward as our 2nd/3rd line centre

Schroeder played 76 games last year - full enough - and had a better season than Hodgson did in Manitoba the previous year... For all the whining about Hodgson's departure, you'd think there'd be more fanfare and enthusiasm about Schroeder's potential - he is also Brule's size, but the two of them are faster and grittier than Hodgson...

Brule is six years into his career, He is still an AHL call up at this point, sucked in Edmonton, he sucked in Columbus, 3NHL teams in 6 years...hello journeyman???? Also, we need size on the third line, not a drop out from snow white and the seven dwarfs.

Brule is six years into his career, He is still an AHL call up at this point, sucked in Edmonton, he sucked in Columbus, 3NHL teams in 6 years...hello journeyman???? Also, we need size on the third line, not a drop out from snow white and the seven dwarfs.

If i took a dump, and that dump took a dump, ate its own dump and then took another dump, that dump would still know more than Eklund. Well not exactly a good first post but hey, what can you do. Love to get Brule for cheap though

I would think a tryout invite at camp might be the best approach as opposed to opening the cheque book. You can say all you want about Columbus being the wrong place for him to break in but he just hasn't done it consistently enough in his other two chances either.

Dont get me wrong, I dont question Schroeders durability or skill, I meant to point out that he hasnt played in the NHL, where everyone is bigger and faster. And nobody knows if he can handle it yet. He and Ebbett havent played a full season so choosing them over Brule based on the fact Brule hasnt played a full season either is a silly argument

If Brule were to be signed it would mean more competition for that roster spot. I would be happy as hell if Schroeder started the year on the Canucks, he would be proving everyone wrong, even me

Archived