Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

With all these crazy signings, what is Ballard worth now?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
108 replies to this topic

#91 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

Actually, if you typed "have" rather than "of", you could have said it better.

Thank you spell check.

#92 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

I guess from what everyone is saying a bottom d guy getting paid 4 mill per year is too much. I agree and I especially agree if we have a guy like Weber in our top 4 pairing.
So my question is do we take the risk of playing with Ballard next year hopping he has a bounce back year or do we trade him now while he has value?
He's a first round pick with good numbers to show. He's also the fastest skater on the Canucks. He's shown flashes of being able to go end to end with the puck.
Maybe he's one of the pieces in getting Weber. Nashville still has to make the floor and they're going to have to take on some salary.

#93 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:58 AM

Go to walmart. $2.49 for a pack of 4.

I am really not sure I want to know HOW you possess such information .. scary .. B)

Edited by Tearloch7, 05 July 2012 - 06:59 AM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#94 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

DP

Edited by Tearloch7, 05 July 2012 - 06:59 AM.

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#95 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

I guess from what everyone is saying a bottom d guy getting paid 4 mill per year is too much. I agree and I especially agree if we have a guy like Weber in our top 4 pairing.
So my question is do we take the risk of playing with Ballard next year hopping he has a bounce back year or do we trade him now while he has value?
He's a first round pick with good numbers to show. He's also the fastest skater on the Canucks. He's shown flashes of being able to go end to end with the puck.
Maybe he's one of the pieces in getting Weber. Nashville still has to make the floor and they're going to have to take on some salary.

He has no value. Look at whats going on with Lu. GMs aren't going to give fair return for a player when there is no demand for him. Paul Gaustad got a 1st round pick at the deadline because there were a lot of teams who really wanted a big tough centre to help with the playoffs and there was a premium. There are still defenseman available on the market, and even if its starting to be slim pickings Nashville won't want Ballard. He hasn't done anything in the last 2 years to justify teams giving up anything significant for him. We're talking about a "top 4" defensman who couldn't even crack the roster when we had 2 or 3 guys out and was playing behind Rome, Alberts and Tanev on the depth chart, all who were making less than him combined.

Maybe he could go to somewhere else and refind that 4.2 million dollar talent. Maybe. I don't think any GMs are gonna pay much to find out. There are so many other options out there. Detroit probably will just call someone up to fill the hole.
Posted Image

#96 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:22 AM

Forget Ballard we all know that contract is horrible, Bieksa no one talks about, hes just terrible and carries a horrendous contract.

But there's an entire thread about Bieksa with mouth breathers who share your same stupid opinion?!?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#97 Philipp0130

Philipp0130

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

I say keep him if we can't resign elder we still can have a potential top 4 d-man.

Posted Image

#98 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

I wouldnt mind that either, Komisarek is exactly what the Nucks need right now on the back end. A very physical nasty first type of D man that is not a over liability in his own end and can make the first pass out. Puck moving is overrated a lot of times IF the player can make the first pass. Thats all a good defenceman really needs to do, is make a good solid first pass out, let the forwards do what they are paid to do.

Lucics knuckles say hello. Go back to the Leafs board and peddle that turd off to somebody else.

#99 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,022 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

The Canucks can afford to have their 5th defenseman making a million more than the NHL average by virtue of the fact that their top paid guy makes only 400k more, their top forward line makes a combined 14.2 million, and their young marquis goaltender is making millions less than much weaker backstops... Nothing wrong with having a top 4 quality defenseman in the 5th spot - which is what Ballard is - and if he stays healthy this year, alot of CDC parrots gonna eat crow.

regarding the Komisarek sales kick - "not a over liability in his own end" is an awful weak sell - not gonna get it done.

Edited by oldnews, 19 July 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#100 PaulKariyaALH

PaulKariyaALH

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Cap hit: 2.2 mil
Trade Value: Myron + Hutton

Edited by PaulKariyaALH, 19 July 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#101 HockeyHobo73

HockeyHobo73

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Posted Image

$69.95

Product Description

Bag of Pucks

Product Features
  • Includes 50 regulation pucks.
  • High quality bag is very rugged and durable.
  • Zipper top to keep pucks in.
  • Heavy duty handles for easy carrying.
  • Double stitched seams for added strength.
  • Makes collecting and carrying pucks very easy.

NOTE: Not just any bag of pucks... This is a quality bag of pucks...

Edited by HockeyHobo73, 19 July 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#102 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

Play Bieksa and Ballard as top 4. and Trade Bieksa and Ballard later. Get Weber next year.

For crying out loud, Weber signed an offer sheet with Philly and Canucks fans are STILL deluded into thinking we can get him.

JUST STOP

RIP LB RR PD

#103 Kakanucks

Kakanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

Ballard is fine, he's actually one of my favorite players =]
Just because he's a third pairing dman on the Canucks doesn't mean he's not a capable top4 dman on other teams, it just means we have a stacked team!

After seeing edler's struggles in the playoffs this year, I personally think Ballard should get 2nd pairing with garrison IF edler starts to struggle again.

Now I'm not bashing on edler, and I'm not suggesting to keep Ballard there permanently. I think when players are clearly struggling on the ice, they should have their ice time cut down and have others jump in.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#104 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,349 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

Posted Image

$69.95

Product Description

Bag of Pucks

Product Features
  • Includes 50 regulation pucks.
  • High quality bag is very rugged and durable.
  • Zipper top to keep pucks in.
  • Heavy duty handles for easy carrying.
  • Double stitched seams for added strength.
  • Makes collecting and carrying pucks very easy.

NOTE: Not just any bag of pucks... This is a quality bag of pucks...

really? you think we can get the one with handles and a zipper for Ballard? that's highway robbery get it done mg.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck The Sig lord

ezgif-714024022.gif

#105 TheWheeler

TheWheeler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

For crying out loud, Weber signed an offer sheet with Philly and Canucks fans are STILL deluded into thinking we can get him.

JUST STOP

Wow, look at the date of his post hot shot.

#106 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:59 AM

Would a team like Detroit want him? He'd fit in perfect there. I almost think at 4 million dollars he's kind of a bargain now.

i think detroit would want talent though...
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#107 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

There's been a few teams that have kicked the tires on Ballard. Heard the oilers and islanders might be interested. You might be able
To throw Detroit in there as well now.

The return for ballard might be as much as a 1st rounder straight up the way this markets going.

But if we were to trade him a 1st round pick at the least would be coming our way.

To get a 1st round pick for Ballard after the last two seasons in Vancouver would be something indeed. Don't get me wrong, I like Ballard and I think Vancouver should keep him but AV needs to PLAY HIM.

If he has a bounce back season this year and returns to the 30ish point player he used to be then yes, a 1st rounder would be in order.

#108 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

Answer is still the same... a low draft pick

AV is that you?

#109 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Trade Ballard for Rome .
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.