• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LUU4LIFE

[Signing] - Raymond

MayRay's gonna get the last word and shut a lot of people up.

I wonder if he fell over when he read the contract offer?

But honestly, I think we should give him a chance to prove himself after his injury, I also think this is an important year for him for his career. He will be UFA at the end of the year, and the puck is in his zone. Let's hope he doesn't skate super fast trip over a phantom player and leave it behind...

I expect him to come in with greatly increased core strength. I think we may find ourselves with the 50pt player who drove the play so effectively. That player would fit anywhere in our bottom 9 and give us a lot of versatility.

First off, it doesn't matter what happened to Raymond's back. There are players that have had near career ending injuries and play horrible because of it. Too bad. It doesn't mean we should run out and sign them... Given that his cap hit is not too significant doesn't make him a suitable player either. And don't bother with his personal relationship with Garrison. What has Garrison done for the Canucks to justify his buddy Raymond's contract.

Plus, we don't have a position for him. He's not a 1st/2nd line caliber player and he doesn't have any 3rd/4th line qualities. Oh, and he is not on PP or PK. You can't even categorize him as a depth player with a 2M+ salary. And finally, he has "ZERO" trade value.

I'm not a big fan of Ballard and his contract either, but at least we have a position for him.

So what is the upside you ask? None.

First off, it doesn't matter what happened to Raymond's back. There are players that have had near career ending injuries and play horrible because of it. Too bad. It doesn't mean we should run out and sign them... Given that his cap hit is not too significant doesn't make him a suitable player either. And don't bother with his personal relationship with Garrison. What has Garrison done for the Canucks to justify his buddy Raymond's contract.

Plus, we don't have a position for him. He's not a 1st/2nd line caliber player and he doesn't have any 3rd/4th line qualities. Oh, and he is not on PP or PK. You can't even categorize him as a depth player with a 2M+ salary. And finally, he has "ZERO" trade value.

I'm not a big fan of Ballard and his contract either, but at least we have a position for him.

Sedins: Would always be 2nd liners

Kesler: Nothing more than a 3rd line centre

Hansen: Doubtful he'd be a canuck regular

Schneider: Nothing more than trade bait

Bieksa: Worst defensemen to ever play the game

Burrows: A mere fourth liner....3rd line winger at best

Raymond: See thread

wow, that's one of the worst posts in this thread. Raymond absolutely has 3rd line value, he does play on the PK, and the year before he got hurt, he had the highest possession-based advanced metrics on the entire team. Do you actually watch the team?

It may be one of your least favourite posts, sure!

Listen, obviously you like the guy and that's fine. Cameo appearances due to the game or the roster circumstances do not make you a fixture or a role player. Nobody is discrediting how he came out the season before but the fact is, and you would agree, that he had a massive injury. And yes, we all watched the guy last season.

Dear Doctor,

Basically, you are going with the injury excuses and the ghost of the seasons past. All your sentences are in past tense.

My point is, he is no "asset" now and his recovery path to his questionable potential is doubtful enough to deny him an offer. Why sign Richard Park 2.0 if you don’t have to. Wouldn’t you rather see a prospect take his roster spot, let alone half his salary?

Our best scenario is to include him in a deal that otherwise would have cost us a fourth rounder. A fourth rounder saved, is a fourth rounder earned.

How can people use the "Long Run" as an excuse?

Detroit and Pittsburgh beat their conferences for TWO straight seasons.

????

wow, that's one of the worst posts in this thread. Raymond absolutely has 3rd line value, he does play on the PK, and the year before he got hurt, he had the highest possession-based advanced metrics on the entire team. Do you actually watch the team?

Listen, obviously you like the guy and that's fine. Cameo appearances due to the game or the roster circumstances do not make you a fixture or a role player. Nobody is discrediting how he came out the season before but the fact is, and you would agree, that he had a massive injury. And yes, we all watched the guy last season.

Dear Doctor,

Basically, you are going with the injury excuses and the ghost of the seasons past. All your sentences are in past tense.

My point is, he is no "asset" now and his recovery path to his questionable potential is doubtful enough to deny him an offer. Why sign Richard Park 2.0 if you don’t have to. Wouldn’t you rather see a prospect take his roster spot, let alone half his salary?

Our best scenario is to include him in a deal that otherwise would have cost us a fourth rounder. A fourth rounder saved, is a fourth rounder earned.

I don't even particularly like him. I took issue with the fact that most of what you were saying is dead wrong. He is a good penalty killer and has a lot of value to the team when healthy. Last year he was not, and did not provide full value. Hence, a big paycut and a charge to recover previous form with a full offseason of training and preparation. I understand that you dislike him, but the facts (statistics and metrics) are not as you've presented them, period.