Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mperoni101

Which scenario do you prefer regarding Luongo? Poll.

Luongo Scenario   204 members have voted

1. 1. Which scenario do you prefer?

• Vancouver takes a lesser offer from Florida, trade Luongo there as a salary dump
    • Vancouver takes a better offer from Chicago, Luongo, Towes, Kane, Hossa, Seabrook, Keith as possible playoff seres vs. Canucks
    • Same as above (Choice 2) but with another Western Team

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

105 posts in this topic

Just an opinion i want from Vancouver fans.

I think that it will all come down to Luongo having the final say on where he will go. I doubt Toronto will be his choice. Why go from bad to worse in terms of pressure, and aggressiveness from fans and media? Also, Toronto is a team in purgatory. Lack of identity, and ways to go to before forming an actual team.

Chicago could really need a goalie, but Vancouver would not give him away for nothing; not as a salary dump at least. So, say the Hawks actually make a fair offer for Luongo. Would you want to trade Luongo to the Hawks and risk running into them in the playoffs in the future?

What about any other strong team in the West? The Sharks?

Or, would you rather ship Luongo and his contract to the Panthers for Upshall, Skille, Santorelli, and either Theodore/Clemmensen and move on to the next chapter in Nucks history? Unless the Canucks and the Panthers meet in the Finals some day!

Anyway, your choice of preference. I am a Rangers fan by birth, but have lived in Florida for 10 years that i've taken a liking to the Panthers. So, Panthers fans are curious.

What say you? Thanks for participating.

A Hawks / Canucks series featuring Lu in goal for Chicago would be amazing entertainment!

I don't care where Lu is dealt as long as the return is market value and fills the Canuck's needs.

:towel::canucks:

Toronto?

And Chicago would have to give up something(s) good or else I wouldn't trade him there too risky.

And as Jaku said, Lu won't be traded as a cap dump this team will have to get something in return.

I actually find it hard to believe Chicago will make a better offer.

Florida has better prospects, and (in my opinion) better players to fill the holes we have. Unless Chicago really would go out and make us an offer where we could get Hossa or something (doubtful) then Florida would be a better option.

Trade him to the East so we don't have to face him too often.

Florida has better prospects, and (in my opinion) better players to fill the holes we have. Unless Chicago really would go out and make us an offer where we could get Hossa or something (doubtful) then Florida would be a better option.

keep him and plant his ass at the end of the bench until 1/4 of the way through next season. This is about as long as it takes for some other team to figure out that their go to guy is not preforming as anticipated, and decide that they need to do something about it.

Apparently Florida isn't interested in giving away their highly touted prospects.

OMG you want Hossa. PLEASE? It would have to be Toews and I don't think he would come here.

Lol at this guy.

@HockeyyInsiderr: Not sure EXACTLY what the #FLAPanthers package contains but it includes EITHER Versteeg OR Gudbranson OR Weiss PLUS a 1st rounder. #Canucks

@HockeyyInsiderr: The #Canucks would also have liked Huberdeau but the bottom line is #FLAPanthers will NOT include him in the Luongo package. #CONFIRMED

@HockeyyInsiderr: The #Canucks will leave the #Leafs the time to up their offer. Hearing as of right now that offer is Kulemin+1st+Komisarek.

@HockeyyInsiderr: Furthermore: The #Canucks wanted Theodore included in the #FLAPanthers deal. Theodore REFUSED to waive NTC to go to VAN> #CONFIRMED

I think he surfs CDC

Correctly said by Canuckaidian, even though Jagermeister has the best username and sig pic.

I think the Panthers will not offer any key pieces. Not Versteeg, not Bjugstad or any top prospect from the Panthers. Luongo carries a heavy contract. His cap hit is not a problem at $5.3M. His salary, though, at over $6.7M per season for the next six years is a detriment to his value. At 39 years of age, unless the guy is still a Vezina-like performer, he is not worth that salary.

The Panthers have above average goaltending, and Markstrom is coming along nicely. There is no reason for the Panthers to mortgage the future for 33 year year old goalie that would give at most five solid years.

If it can be done for a deal as i stated above, i think Tallon would do it. Otherwise, no deal.