The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dave Bolland? Hell no/yes!

burrows101

definitely would have to disagree with you, OP; he's basically Lapierre with skill, so he can handle the jump from the 4th to 3rd line even better than Trollface Max. He may be smaller than Max, but he comes up big in big games and has played in the Top 6, with his strong two-way adaptability and scoring prowess. As mentioned before, he'd fill quite the void between the Top and bottom 6, in terms of offering available depth of skill for the top 6 while having the checking to play in the bottom 6.

Twins - Booth

Burr - Kes - Hansen

Higgins - Bolland - Kassian

Manny - Lapierre - Weise/ Bitz/ Pini

As much as you all wouldn't want to admit it, it sure seems like the league's winning teams thrive with guys like him (heck, we had some guys like Dave in Kes, Burr, Hansen and still have Lapierre up front).

EDIT: now, to those people mentioning The Rat, Marchand on the other hand sickens me with his cheap hits.

So, the idiots label the Canucks as the dirtiest team in the league. Other fools accept it as fact. It will be perceived as confirmation that the Canucks are a dirty team. If we acquire Bolland, he won't get away with the kind of infractions that he does in Chicago. He will, instead, be a penalty magnet. No thank you!!!

The LAST player this team needs to shake their image as a dirty rat team (thanks to the press during the Boston series). This would only add fuel to the fire, even with his playing potential perhaps being an asset. Sorry, but no thanks, move along now.

Bolland doesnt really fit the "character" attribute that Canucks management looks for in their players.

I highly doubt he's what the Canucks are targeting in return.

Although I think they might make an exception for a player like Patrick Kane. He can also play center while Kesler is out... Not likley, but he's the player Id be targeting, especially if the Doan situation doesnt fall in Vancouvers favor.

Luongo, Raymond

for

Kane

Archived