Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

billabong

question: do we know why gillis let gragnani walk?

74 posts in this topic

man the point or walk the dog

and I guess Mg's dog needed walkin'

because he looked absolutely terrible and gillis probably new he was a gamble from the get go

I thought I heard he might go to arbitration so the Canucks just let him go.

While his offensive ability was there, if not quite ready yet, his defensive side maybe was a reason. He was caught really far out of position on a few occasions, more so than I've seen anyone else do. Other than that, I think they wanted to try him on the right with Edler and when that didn't work out they felt going after Schultz and Garrison would be better options.

I heard that it was because he was intending to take us to arbitration rather than accept the QO, Gillis figured the guy would get way more than he deserved because of his AHL numbers and let him go.

I think Gillis wanted to keep as many contract spots open as possible. I just didn't see the upside to his play and signing him would mean that you'd end up losing him the first time you put him on waivers.

The last few years we have always had all 50 spots filled or near to it in August or 1st of September. Right now we have 42 contacts so we have room to sign a few more young guys for developement in Chicago.

he didn't, because grags is his own man and no one 'lets' MAG walk, or run, or jog.....

he didn't, because grags is his own man and no one 'lets' MAG walk, or run, or jog.....

IMO he was weak defensevly...

Didn't see any hits from him, and not enough physical aggression...

IE : when a forward had the puck he would not close down on the player...

Had good vision at times though when on the offense...

I've got an idea; why doesn't someone ask Gillis. (If they can find him.)

He was never QO'd. Gragnani has defensive issues, watching that guy play was an adventure and that's not a liability you want on your back end. Garrison is an upgrade regardless.