The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Wow you sir need a reality check. Couture is not going anywhere and No show??? Really, you wouldnt want a guy who would be the perfect fit to play 2nd line center and put kesler to the wing? San Jose wouldnt trade Joe to Vancouver for LU anyways and Joe I know would not accept a trade to Vancouver.

Wow you sir need a reality check. Couture is not going anywhere and No show??? Really, you wouldnt want a guy who would be the perfect fit to play 2nd line center and put kesler to the wing? San Jose wouldnt trade Joe to Vancouver for LU anyways and Joe I know would not accept a trade to Vancouver.

That was a pathetic thing to do to Henrik.

...but perhaps even more pathetic was Henrik's reaction to it. Not many "adults" that I know would act like that, in the face of being blatantly disrespected. Henrik acted like a COWARD! For Christ's sake, do something! You're really going to let a grown man disrespect you like that, so blatantly and publicly? He should've done it right back in Thornton's face. If a fight ensues, fight! Who cares? You're not going to get hurt. And it's Joe Thornton, not Ben Eager. Equal trade-off.

This'll probably get me flamed, I don't care. You can't let an opponent disrespect you like that. Sets a very bad precedent.

I don't have a problem with how Henrik handled that situation. It's not really his instinct to haul off and coldcock someone -although if he had, I wouldn't have a problem with that either. He is after all, the captain, and the epitome of sportsmanlike - not sure if it's a great idea for him to be engaging in fights if he's not an adept fighter.

Thornton made an A$$CLOWN of himself (perfect description Canuck-a-nuck) - I'm not sure that pathetic performance was worthy of a manly response anyway, to be honest. The way Henrik responded pretty much kept it in perspective - an attention-seeking juvenile that was acting out.

It would be interesting to poll people and see if Henrik was "humiliated" or if Thornton humiliated himself - and I'd hardly call that "bullying" - it was more like an insignificant twit attempting to annoy someone. If Thornton were such a tough guy he could have done what a tough guy might do, which is challenge someone to a fight, not wave his sad little digit around.

...but perhaps even more pathetic was Henrik's reaction to it. Not many "adults" that I know would act like that, in the face of being blatantly disrespected. Henrik acted like a COWARD! For Christ's sake, do something! You're really going to let a grown man disrespect you like that, so blatantly and publicly? He should've done it right back in Thornton's face. If a fight ensues, fight! Who cares? You're not going to get hurt. And it's Joe Thornton, not Ben Eager. Equal trade-off.

This'll probably get me flamed, I don't care. You can't let an opponent disrespect you like that. Sets a very bad precedent.

Guest Dasein

Archived