The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TORONTO: Strip Clubs set to recruit high-school girls

key2thecup

I can proudly say I've never been to a strip club in my life. Waste of time and money, and I would just feel dirty after really.

And I'm also proud to say I payed for my school all on my own without having to take my clothes off. What's their excuse?

Most likely that they want to make lots of money with out having to work hard for it. Sorry, but I don't respect people like that. I don't agree with calling them skanks, but if they were really intelligent they wouldn't need to degrade themselves for cash. They would find a talent or skill that doesn't involve taking their clothes off to help pay for school.

No it's women who say a guy can't call a stripper a slut without having a holier than thou mentality because apparently all guys go behind the back of their women to go to watch strippers and then bad mouth them and lie about it.

All a bunch of excuses really.

There's guys that are in the exact same position that you described, and somehow they manage to make it work.

Like you said, it's an easy way to make lots of money. In the real world, the majority of people don't make alot of money, and they definitely don't make it easy.

Sorry if it comes off cold, but I think people have every right to criticize their profession. It comes with the territory.

No I'm saying she implied that the posters who were calling the strippers brainless sluts had no right to criticize them for their profession because those are same guys apparently who go watch strippers and then bad mouth them.

Bottom line is I don't care whether or not you can prove that strippers aren't sluts. I'm sure they know that being thought of as dumb sluts goes with the territory of their 'profession'.

Are you using the word 'guys' talking about men or as a general term to refer to women in general?

"People have every 'right to criticize their profession', why?

"It comes with the territory", how? Why?

So every exotic dancer deserves to be called a 'whore', 'skank' and 'brainless' regardless of the reason she is dancing? Regardless of the fact that she isn't actually sleeping with the customers and giving blow jobs in the back room?

Nice to know the Canadian Government is hard at work making sure Canadian women are dancing at our strip clubs and not foreign workers!

Not like working with education, and industry to build up long term, high paying jobs in say engineering, science, medicine, and building eco-friendly products is needed at all. Or say research into renewable energy, and emergent technologies to create a stronger, healthier economy.

Such great priorities government has.

Are you using the word 'guys' talking about men or as a general term to refer to women in general?

"People have every 'right to criticize their profession', why?

"It comes with the territory", how? Why?

So every exotic dancer deserves to be called a 'whore', 'skank' and 'brainless' regardless of the reason she is dancing? Regardless of the fact that she isn't actually sleeping with the customers and giving blow jobs in the back room?

No I'm saying she implied that the posters who were calling the strippers brainless sluts had no right to criticize them for their profession because those are same guys apparently who go watch strippers and then bad mouth them.

Bottom line is I don't care whether or not you can prove that strippers aren't sluts. I'm sure they know that being thought of as dumb sluts goes with the territory of their 'profession'.

The lure of easy money will make people do things that they wouldn't otherwise do. If one lady didn't want to strip there is going to be someone else to take that opportunity. I'm not informed on stripping, nor do I want to be, but my concern would be some of the unsavory people you will find in strip clubs who want to prey on eighteen year old girls. I really don't care about this issue but I don't understand how people can think this is a profession that should be regarded like any other, there are some differences between stripping Friday nights and working retail on Saturday afternoons. All this being said they should steer clear of high schools as an area for recruitment.

So what if Canada decided to change the age from 18 to 16? Would you be okay with girls doing that job? I mean, they wouldn't be hurting anyone...

IMO alot of 18 year old girls are not really that mature enough to know what's best for them. They may get drawn into stripping because they can make such a huge amount of money at a young age. And maybe they even like the attention of guys wanting to see them naked all the time.

It's not a good business for young girls to get into. I mean think if it was your daughter and you found out she was working as a stripper. It's just not an industry I would ever support.

Archived